1 hour ago, Keith Scott said:

One hit wonder.

Time to Follow Webber and hopefully Delia out the door.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Speaking of one hit wonders hereĀ comes Keith Scott with the same repetitive **** he spouts everytime we haveĀ a poor result...

• Like 3

Wagners record this season (incl cup games) is P14Ā W7 D2Ā L5. Last season it was P21 W7 D5 L12Ā Ā 

Overall at NCFC it is P35 W14 D7 L14.

It's not great is it, and we are certainly going backwards each game in terms of performance, after a positive start. His substitutions are seriously weakening us each game.

Ā 

Ā 

48 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Possibly, given the timing right before January. Wonder what the new SD is thinking.. I doubt heā€™s had to sack anyone in his career, let alone a professional football manager!Ā 

Given his experience and that heā€™ll be new in the door, the last thing heā€™ll want to do is wield the axe, Iā€™d have thought.Ā 

17 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Given his experience and that heā€™ll be new in the door, the last thing heā€™ll want to do is wield the axe, Iā€™d have thought.Ā 

Wait and seešŸ˜‰

As Alan Hanson once said "you don't win anything with OAP's"

Let's be honest, our transfer dealings in the summer came from the football equivalent of Poundland & Grace Brothers.

Ā 

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

Wagner's record is 10 points won in August when playing the divisionsĀ  lesser lights from 4 games.Ā  Since the highspot of the season we now have 2 wins against Championship minnows and lost 5to other standard teams, Leicester excluded. And look more inept in each game we play.Ā  Wagner is and was technically deficient should never have been given the job.Ā  Ours is too ensure we succeed in getting him out of our club.

2 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

This season is a write off already.

Sod it, let's write off the next 3 seasons while we are at it.

• Thanks 1

I feel slightly sorry for the man. Ā£25/30m in the coffers during the summer and given a pittance to spend on replacements. What did we really expect.Ā 

Not only have we signed some shockers in the past season or so, we've racked up a debt doing it. This is totally against all we've done before under the current owners.

I don't know if sacking Wagner is the answer right now but he is proving without any doubt he is a liability at the moment.

Ā 

We're 29 league games into Wagner's time here so a fairly good amount of time to judge.

40 points from those games from what I can see- so 1.4ppg if you round up.

64 points if extrolpalated across an entire season.

Last season that would have been good for 11th. 12th the season before. 10th the season before that.

So based on the form shown under Wagner we're unlikely to trouble the top 6.

More concerningly though, I don't see what we're building towards? The Wagner brand of football was known for intense, high pressing. I don't personally see that. We're not a full throtal attacking team but we're also not a solid defensive team. We're not long ball, we're not short passing. We don't seem to play on the front foot, we're not exceptional on the counter. We're just a bit...meh. I don't understand what a Wagner team is supposed to look like.

The biggest worry though, is that we went out of our way to invest in experience and leadership in the offseason, yet the individual errors and mistakes persist. It is as if something happens when anyone drives into Colney that the mindset of 'oh well, it's only a game' seems to kick in. Nobody seems that bothered when we drop yet another ****. Everything is too laid back, too casual, too tolerant of errors and failure.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

We really can't afford to relieve Mr Wagner of his position.....If it wasn't for the gracious financial intervention of Baseball Bazooka Joe....we'd most likely be putting beggin' bowls at the turnstiles and have folk carrying blankets to catch loose change from the fans at half time....

Ā 

Aarh I remember the blanket at half time in the late 70ā€™sā€¦..

Quite like Wagner but the go-to of just changing your wide players when the games getting away from you does nothing to help and hasn't done once.

Caveat is I dont think there's great quality on the bench to come on and change the game, and things look a bit different with Sainz, Sargent and Barnes involved.

I thought first half we played through them relatively well.

I thought Sara was poor, he has more quality than to give it away the amount he did in dangerous areas.

Gibbs worked really hard for our goal and won the ball back at other times but 60 other minutes of being anonymous doesn't help midfield..

I maintain its a very good job we kept McLean as without him I dont think we'd ever progress the ball out from the back 4.

One other thing - no matter how poor Idah plays he seems to offer more than Hwang who was just too easy to play against.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, king canary said:

We're 29 league games into Wagner's time here so a fairly good amount of time to judge.

40 points from those games from what I can see- so 1.4ppg if you round up.

64 points if extrolpalated across an entire season.

Last season that would have been good for 11th. 12th the season before. 10th the season before that.

So based on the form shown under Wagner we're unlikely to trouble the top 6.

More concerningly though, I don't see what we're building towards? The Wagner brand of football was known for intense, high pressing. I don't personally see that. We're not a full throtal attacking team but we're also not a solid defensive team. We're not long ball, we're not short passing. We don't seem to play on the front foot, we're not exceptional on the counter. We're just a bit...meh. I don't understand what a Wagner team is supposed to look like.

The biggest worry though, is that we went out of our way to invest in experience and leadership in the offseason, yet the individual errors and mistakes persist. It is as if something happens when anyone drives into Colney that the mindset of 'oh well, it's only a game' seems to kick in. Nobody seems that bothered when we drop yet another ****. Everything is too laid back, too casual, too tolerant of errors and failure.Ā 

Ā 

Very goodĀ 

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Quite like Wagner but the go-to of just changing your wide players when the games getting away from you does nothing to help and hasn't done once.

Caveat is I dont think there's great quality on the bench to come on and change the game, and things look a bit different with Sainz, Sargent and Barnes involved.

I thought first half we played through them relatively well.

I thought Sara was poor, he has more quality than to give it away the amount he did in dangerous areas.

Gibbs worked really hard for our goal and won the ball back at other times but 60 other minutes of being anonymous doesn't help midfield..

I maintain its a very good job we kept McLean as without him I dont think we'd ever progress the ball out from the back 4.

One other thing - no matter how poor Idah plays he seems to offer more than Hwang who was just too easy to play against.

Also very good

4 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

....we'd most likely be putting beggin' bowls at the turnstiles and have folk carrying blankets to catch loose change from the fans at half time....

Ā 

Youā€™d hope theyā€™d remember they made us go contactless before they unwrapped the blanketsā€¦..

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Youā€™d hope theyā€™d remember they made us go contactless before they unwrapped the blanketsā€¦..

You'd hope so, but you wouldn't be wise to rely on it.

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Possibly, given the timing right before January. Wonder what the new SD is thinking.. I doubt heā€™s had to sack anyone in his career, let alone a professional football manager!Ā 

Webber's got to do the decent thing and pull the pin before he goes hasn't he? But then he won't because that's an admission of personal failure. It's a right old pickle.

41 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Webber's got to do the decent thing and pull the pin before he goes hasn't he? But then he won't because that's an admission of personal failure. It's a right old pickle.

It didn't stop him sacking Farke or Smith so don't see that being relevant.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

It didn't stop him sacking Farke or Smith so don't see that being relevant.

i don'tĀ think Webber will sack Wagner ,

Not because it would show him in a bad light ,

but how can Webber employ a new managerĀ when we have a new DOF coming in Nov ,

i imagine he might say to Ben it is your call i will sack him if you want and we find someone together or you you want your own manĀ  but i doubt at this stage it will down to WebberĀ 

Ā 

55 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Good call.....that'll learn the club for going cashless....

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Quite like Wagner

I quite like Wagner, but then I also quite like the cheery security guard in Frasers who make my daughter laugh the other day. I'm sat here not entirely sure who I would rather lead Norwich into their next fixture.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

But had we sold him to Rangers, we would have been forced to purchase a replacement. And we would have been hard-pressed to recruit someone who would have made us worse. Although having said that, we're talking about Webber here, so maybe you're right.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I quite like Wagner, but then I also quite like the cheery security guard in Frasers who make my daughter laugh the other day. I'm sat here not entirely sure who I would rather lead Norwich into their next fixture.

Weird.

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Weird.

Are you the one who said I should get back to grassroots football? I'll be doing exactly that tomorrow morning.Ā With your exceptionally low standards for what constitutes a good coach, you're more than welcome to come and watch. You'll probably think you're witnessing a new Pep Guardiola.

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

If you remember back to when Webber first joined the club, Neil was sacked a couple weeks before Webber was officially started. It's certainly very easy for Knapper to communicate whether he wants to replace the head coach.

Ā 

26 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

But had we sold him to Rangers, we would have been forced to purchase a replacement. And we would have been hard-pressed to recruit someone who would have made us worse. Although having said that, we're talking about Webber here, so maybe you're right.

80% of this divisions midfielders are worse. Makes sense that Leeds really wanted him for a promotion push too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

i don'tĀ think Webber will sack Wagner ,

Not because it would show him in a bad light ,

but how can Webber employ a new managerĀ when we have a new DOF coming in Nov ,

i imagine he might say to Ben it is your call i will sack him if you want and we find someone together or you you want your own manĀ  but i doubt at this stage it will down to WebberĀ 

Ā 

Webber, nor anyone else involved in decision making at the club, will sack Wagner while we are in touch with the play offs.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

54 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Well after Sargent's injury , we neededĀ  a replacement,Ā  . .we were possibly unlikely to find someone as good as himĀ but we should certainly have been able to find someone better than Idah in the wide world of football. In Hwang, Webber and his recruitment team have somehow failed to even do that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well after Sargent's injury , we neededĀ  a replacement,Ā  . .we were possibly unlikely to find someone as good as himĀ but we should certainly have been able to find someone better than Idah in the wide world of football. In Hwang, Webber and his recruitment team have somehow failed to even do that

Webber is a busted flush. For every decent signing he unearths, there are at least 5 failures. Hwang yet another example of that fact. Webberā€™s gradual decimation of our transfer budget by weakening our squad is why we are where we are. Had he had more money heā€™d have likely only wasted more.Ā