cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Swans V Canaries*

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

No team news? 

Sorry, Chicken has sadly vanished and the Scottish bloke didnt make this thread at 6am like he tends to do so you'll have to do with my poor match threads.

That and the only teams news is "Borja is a little sore and tired" and that's about it

Good performance and a comfortable win tonight please lads. Not really in the mood for angst and disappointment.

• Like 1

Anyone know how many we are taking to Wales for a 7-45pm midweek match . Hats off of course to those who have made the effort, they won’t be getting much sleep tonight so let’s hope the performance justifies this ! 

Apparently, this is on the Sky Sports red button.

Which rarely seems to work for me. But it might for you.

14 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Apparently, this is on the Sky Sports red button.

Which rarely seems to work for me. But it might for you.

agree always a problem but thanks for tip. usually only available after match has srarted. Lst time I tried took 10 minutes to pick it up.  I reckon a draw but hope 3 points

• Like 1

Here’s hoping I can wake up in the morning to a resounding win as we are 3 hours ahead of uk time here and I have to be up at 5:30! OTBC! 

Idah on the bench after he's at last played well? Springett? No Saintz at all? Gibson still starting?

You know what given last time we all moaned about the starting 11 and well.. Maybe I should shut up

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Fassnecht out good decision, Placheta  out less good.  Looked good against Brum.  Springett on left side ? what!

Springett should not be starting. No reason why Gibson shouldn't be starting Cambridge, has looked mostly solid. Clearly Wagner's opted for a more solid midfield with one up top to counter 

Edited by jaberry2

One thing's for sure if we lose tonight Wagner is going to get pelters for that lineup. I'm reserving judgement because maybe there are fitness issues or he's seen something I haven't but I don't think anyone would have picked that team. Forshaw is a solid call but I've seen nothing from Springett to suggest that he's ready this season and Hwang is a tidy player but just offers no threat that I can see. Hopefully I'm made to look like an idiot when the final whistle goes. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

Strange that Hwang gets the nod. Adam has been doing much more recently and I thought deserved his place. Springett for Placheta is also a surprise although I believe Springett did well at Fulham.

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Idah on the bench after he's at last played well? Springett? No Saintz at all? Gibson still starting?

You know what given last time we all moaned about the starting 11 and well.. Maybe I should shut up

Sainz was on the physio table earlier today back at the Lotus training base. Huckerby tweeted it earlier.

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Why Spingett?.....our 6th choice winger??

Big night for him mind. I mean he is what 21, 22? Not exactly as young as he once was but still a good chance to impress away from home. Still feels odd he's starting mind.

Here's hoping he has a good game and forces me to yet again eat humble pie

5 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

One thing's for sure if we lose tonight Wagner is going to get pelters for that lineup. I'm reserving judgement because maybe there are fitness issues or he's seen something I haven't but I don't think anyone would have picked that team. Forshaw is a solid call but I've seen nothing from Springett to suggest that he's ready this season and Hwang is a tidy player but just offers no threat that I can see. Hopefully I'm made to look like an idiot when the final whistle goes. 

The decision over the starting line up is often who is best suited counter rhem, as much as who is best suited to exploit their weaknesses. Criticising the selection in hindsight is ridiculoius, as no one was criticising the line up before Plymouth.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Strange that Hwang gets the nod. Adam has been doing much more recently and I thought deserved his place. Springett for Placheta is also a surprise although I believe Springett did well at Fulham.

Job picking between Hwang and Idah

Bit like being on death row and being told you can choose between Hanging or the Electric Chair

• Haha 1

I like it, gives us more up the sleeve in regards to subs and second half options.  People knocking Springett, he's got some quality there and it can only come out with game-time.

I think himself, Rowe and Hwang could reap rewards, it's hard to know how to defend against that trio as they're relatively unknown and Hwang is quite unorthodox based on highlights i've seen of him. 

Certainly looks tighter in midfield, if we've got Forshaw, McLean and Sara around those central positions.

I wouldn’t say anyone has been dropped hopefully it’s a lesson learned from Plymouth that freshening it up is a good idea given we are away on Saturday as well.

Edited by Ulfotto
  • Like 2

I'd be a bit miffed if I was Idah, he didn't play that badly on Saturday and offers more than Hwang so with Sargent and Barnes out he probably would have thought he'd be starting most games. 

Just now, DraytonBoy said:

I'd be a bit miffed if I was Idah, he didn't play that badly on Saturday and offers more than Hwang so with Sargent and Barnes out he probably would have thought he'd be starting most games. 

DW is rotating the squad, fingers crossed we still come through the game okay.

13 minutes ago, daly said:

Job picking between Hwang and Idah

Bit like being on death row and being told you can choose between Hanging or the Electric Chair

Gas chamber please. 

Well I'm sure most would welcome that midfield 3 for an away match. The defence has begun to select itself (Plymouth excepted). Rowe is a real match winner. So, we have rotation up front, can Hwang and Springett deliver tonight that's the main question.  At best are we heading for a 0-0?

7 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I wouldn’t say anyone has been dropped hopefully it’s a lesson learned from Plymouth that freshening it up is a good idea given we are away on Saturday as well.

Yep, this. My first thought was that it was a strange lineup, but this crossed my mind afterwards.

19 minutes ago, RobJames said:

The decision over the starting line up is often who is best suited counter rhem, as much as who is best suited to exploit their weaknesses. Criticising the selection in hindsight is ridiculoius, as no one was criticising the line up before Plymouth.

No one was criticising the line up before plymouth ???!!!!

There were plenty who were imploring to not play Hwang and Idah and leave us light in midfield...