Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

**Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Birmingham**

Geez should be at least 2 up

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Unlucky by Idah a few minutes back,  Ruddy looked well beaten to me

Honestly with respect to Ruddy our plan should just be "shoot fast and hard at the goal" as I don't think Ruddy really has the best diving reflexes anymore

• Like 1

Fassnacht has been a passenger for weeks now. No idea what he offers other than being vaguely okay at tracking back defensively, reminds me a bit of Rupp when he first joined us in the prem playing as a right winger… I’m sure there’s plenty of room and time for improvement but everything he does in possession right now just feels really ‘meh’ and nowhere near up to the standard needed if he is going to offer any kind of threat at this level…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Indeed. It's not exactly getting the juices flowing; need another gear.

OTBC

First?

• Haha 1

Frustrating first 45, clearly the better team but lacking that final ball. Fasnacht and Idah peripheral, pleasantly surprised by Placheta.

20 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Fassnacht has been a passenger for weeks now. No idea what he offers other than being vaguely okay at tracking back defensively, reminds me a bit of Rupp when he first joined us in the prem playing as a right winger… I’m sure there’s plenty of room and time for improvement but everything he does in possession right now just feels really ‘meh’ and nowhere near up to the standard needed if he is going to offer any kind of threat at this level…

Yeah I agree. He's diligent and has a nice touch but he doesn't seem to cause defenders any headaches.

This has got a Borja Sainz winner off the bench written all over it.

Couldn't quite tell from where I am but did we get lucky with a Duffy hand ball?

A real lack of quality. We've had a bunch of half openings but an inability to play a decent final ball or hit the target with the shot. It's really close to being very good, but Idah, Fassnacht and Placheta should be fringe players with a couple of better players in each position ahead of them.

I can't for the life of me work out why we don't play Rowe up top with Sara behind him and bring in another midfielder for Idah. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Couldn't quite tell from where I am but did we get lucky with a Duffy hand ball?

His hand was in a natural position so don't think even VAR would have given it

Then again with VAR its a coin toss

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

A real lack of quality. We've had a bunch of half openings but an inability to play a decent final ball or hit the target with the shot. It's really close to being very good, but Idah, Fassnacht and Placheta should be fringe players with a couple of better players in each position ahead of them.

I can't for the life of me work out why we don't play Rowe up top with Sara behind him and bring in another midfielder for Idah. 

Agreed, I dont know why we couldnt of at least tried that at some point against Fulham the other night, instead of wasting the forward position on the hapless Hwang.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Agreed. D’Artagnan with a brace. 

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

This has got 1-0 Birmingham written all over it, with their only shot on target all game.