KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread Plymouth v Norwich****

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

They will attack posters like me for being “Ipswich fans” or “pant wetters “ thereby deflecting the heat from where it is deserved - it’s what they do every time 

Binner

Just now, S_81 said:

At any other club 

Delia might make a joke about it over Sunday lunch tomorrow - but nothing more than that. She is on record saying she doesn’t like the prem- no ambition from top filters down and makes things cosy 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

The  binners  must be laughing themselves silly about us

Well we’ve had 10 years, so the odd weekend the other way is fair enough. We’ll see where we both are come May - there’s a long way to go.

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Well we’ve had 10 years, so the odd weekend the other way is fair enough. We’ll see where we both are come May - there’s a long way to go.

They spent five years in league one and have only just started talking after being silent for the past half a decade.

Let them have a few laughs for now, as we all know come seasons end they won't be

What do you expect with our self sustaining (flog the silver) model. All those hoping for the American take over might be  in for more misery. I see them as the Yankee version of S&J. 

Plymouth had lost 5 of the last 6 - really shouldn't have been a better time to play them. 

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Shades of the Chelsea game? If that was a reason to look at DF's position then surely this is the same? 

I just had the same feeling. However it is much more acceptable to get beat 6-0 by Chelsea than it is Plymouth. 

• Like 1

70% possession and conceded five. Reminds me of when Bayern Munich annihilated Barcelona 8-2.

The real takeaway from that is how bad we must be at controlling where the play takes place. The whole point of a good possession game is that possession is the defence and we keep the opposition away from goal. But - when the ball gets turned over - fast and accurate counter attacks can tear such an approach apart.

I think we need to stop playing with relatively pure wingers for a bit. If you have naturally attacking full-backs like we do, let them provide the width and focus more on solidity down the middle of the pitch. ESPECIALLY when you've lost a striker whose workrate is excellent at helping a team defend from the front.

There was early promise at the beginning of Wagners reign last season & then we just fell apart. Now this season is starting to resemble that.

10 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Everyone still think Captain Kenny is 'driving us on', or that we've conceded 14 goals in 8 games with him as CDM? 

...as will always be the case, if we're dominating a poor side , we'll get away with it....when the pressure it on or we're playing against a better team in thd league, a lack of a proper CDM will be cruelly exposed

...yet there are posters on here who think we're above/ dont need one 'because of the way we play'....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just a shame Jim that this is posted under your name as it will no doubt be jumped on by the Apologists but you have summed up our shortcomings in a nutshell.

Waiting for the, we are lucky to have a club, we can't compete with the likes of Plymouth brigade, to come along and defend the latest evidence of decline, under investment and bad management.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

70% possession and conceded five. Reminds me of when Bayern Munich annihilated Barcelona 8-2.

The real takeaway from that is how bad we must be at controlling where the play takes place. The whole point of a good possession game is that possession is the defence and we keep the opposition away from goal. But - when the ball gets turned over - fast and accurate counter attacks can tear such an approach apart.

I think we need to stop playing with relatively pure wingers for a bit. If you have naturally attacking full-backs like we do, let them provide the width and focus more on solidity down the middle of the pitch. ESPECIALLY when you've lost a striker whose workrate is excellent at helping a team defend from the front.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Waiting for the, we are lucky to have a club, we can't compete with the likes of Plymouth brigade, to come along and defend the latest evidence of decline, under investment and bad management.

I’m sure chicken, hoggy et Al will be around to tell us this evening!

Edited by TheBaldOne66
  • Like 1