KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread Plymouth v Norwich****

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

A lot of people advocated for him after Smith.

Sadly he wasn't friends with Webber.

I was one of themĀ 

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I said Schumacher when Brummie McTeamug was sacked šŸ¤·Ā 

We canā€™t afford to pay for players at the moment let alone have to buy a manager out of his contract.Ā 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would you really want to see this lot in the Prem though? Reallly?

Ā 

The question is irrelevant, since there's not the slightest chance of it happening.

I wouldn't even fancy our chances of getting out of League One, except possibly at the wrong end; it's becoming tougher every year.

Edited by benchwarmer

Everyone needs to relax itā€™s only one game that they played like utter fecking tw@ts. They will be back next game, I fecking hope.Ā 

Well actually I do sympathise with the squad as they had a 6 and a half hour plus coach road trip from Nodge to Gargyle yesterday, and that must beĀ fatigue inducing..and thereforeĀ must be the reason for our 'outta sorts' abysmal performance today...Yeah roight!...

image.jpeg.f18dcebb387e8f3880fc82257856d394.jpeg

....Nah, it was obviously jet lag due to the energy sappingĀ long haul last night 40 minute flight to Exeter.....Hopefully the squad,Ā the board an' the club's leeching klingonsĀ are home in time on the return flight to Nodge for at least the last 20 mins of the new season of Strictly....

3 minutes ago, NCPFC said:

Everyone needs to relax itā€™s only one game that they played like utter fecking tw@ts. They will be back next game, I fecking hope.Ā 

Itā€™s not though is it. We did it at Rotherham. We also were crap in the second half against Stoke. In fact weā€™ve notĀ really played well since Sargent got injured and defensively weā€™ve been looking more and more iffy.

5 minutes ago, NCPFC said:

You realise we've lost 3 in 4?......Right???

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's going to be busy on here tonight...

Ā 

40 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

First person to spot a comment from either Chicken, Hoggy and Nutty saying something in the vein of "As expected, its busy on here tonight" gets a point.
Ā 

I win!!!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, NCPFC said:

You realize we've just conceded 6 (SIX) to Plymouth, who were in league one last year and have just lost 5 from 6!!!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

He has mitigation with Barnes and Sargent injuriesā€¦ but playing both Idah and Hwang today and trying to utilise the same tactics shows how limited he is.

****ing joke of a manager.

Just now, baldy09 said:

Perhaps we need to be relegated and to rebuild from scratch - we need to do an Ipswich

Why is it ā€œan Ipswich?ā€ We did exactly that with Lambert.Ā 

With Barnes out, I think we need a replacement leader in Batth or Forshaw, or both.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Itā€™s not though is it. We did it at Rotherham. We also were crap in the second half against Stoke. In fact weā€™ve notĀ really played well since Sargent got injured and defensively weā€™ve been looking more and more iffy.

This in a nutshell. The only hope of top 6 at best was if Josh and Barnes were to stay injury free..but every season in the last few years weveĀ  been plagued with injuries and often long term.

Be realistic..we are back to where we were the last 10 games of last season...worryingly there are way over 30 more to go...its now a battle to avoid the bottom 6 and claw our way into mid table...form over the past fewĀ  seasons show when this club starts a bad run itsĀ  a long one...its now a dogĀ  eatĀ  dog situation just to finish where we were last season..if you dont believe that you are blinkered.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

With Barnes out, I think we need a replacement leader in Batth or Forshaw, or both.Ā 

Both ideally i hope they are knocking the door down to the managers office during the week wanting to play.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

BOTHĀ 

Batth for Gibson

Forshaw for Hwang and push Sara forwardĀ 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Perhaps we need to be relegated and to rebuild from scratch - we need to do an Ipswich

I was really hoping that the shambles of last season and the reaction that got from the fans was enough to start a rebuild.

Instead we're buildingĀ a squad full of 30+ yr old grunters who either can't run or are miles off the pace. We need better quality for the here and now, not 3 years time.

Any team with a bit of pace just rips through us.

Ā 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I was really hoping that the shambles of last season and the reaction that got from the fans was enough to start a rebuild.

Instead we're buildingĀ a squad full of 30+ yr old grunters who either can't run or are miles off the pace. We need better quality for the here and now, not 3 years time.

Any team with a bit of pace just rips through us.

Ā 

I feel like this is a bit of a contradiction. Surely 30+ year olds are for the here and now, not for 3 years time. šŸ¤·Ā 

• Like 1

At least we CANNOT say we were unlucky.Ā  Someone has to be accountable for the shambles of a` 'performance'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Highland Canary said:

New ground for me. Wonā€™t be rushing back. Forshaw the only positive.

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ welcome to the club, the 3-0 defeat in the Roeder years done this for me..Ā 

Ā 

Same with Fulham after the 6-0 just can't bring myself to go back to these places šŸ¤£

Where do you start after that debacle? I'll just make two points because I'm sure everyone else will make many more.

First, I think we have to recognise that Duffy is absolute sh*t, and, despite all the people on here slagging off Gibson, Duffy is probably even worse. In his first game for us pre-season, he scored a comedy own goal. In his next game, he did his best to repeat it. He's old, slow, has an inflated opinion of himself and bosses other players around, and we've just sold a promising young defender for this useless old fart who has no resale value.

Second, Hwang is even worse. Azaz, who ran our defence ragged today, cost roughly the same amount of money. Since our DoF is such a genius, why is he not picking up players of similar quality at a similar price?Ā 

A couple of semi-positives. Idah took both his goals well. But why can he only do this when it doesn't matter?

Forshaw looked just what we needed when he came on. I know we conceded two goals with him on the pitch, but we were going for it at the time and leaving ourselves open. I thought he looked good in that central role. I'm beginning to doubt whether Wagner is capable of seeing this, though, and changing to a different system.Ā Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Ryan Hardie is the one to watch .... and not just today. He leads the 23/24 Chumps goalscoring list and seems on fire. Perhaps we could do with poaching him in Jan.

Perhaps we should have done so earlier using Bali Mumba as the bait.

He was out of contract in the summer so could of gone for free.Ā  Signed a three year contract

The circus will go on Rowe and Sara next out the door, replace with 30 plus dewdrops, unless the Yank gets stuck in soon we are up the creek, not holding my breath though.

Midfield, nice individually but both left footed. Shape and movement of the ball slows due to this. Defence , not as bad as any other team, but in front of them there is not a playmaker. Push Sara up and bring in Forshaw with Kenny. Today Wagner was to blame for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unthink road said:

Midfield, nice individually but both left footed. Shape and movement of the ball slows due to this. Defence , not as bad as any other team, but in front of them there is not a playmaker. Push Sara up and bring in Forshaw with Kenny. Today Wagner was to blame for me.

Leicester game was crying out for Forshaw to be sat deep (instead of Gibbs higher up) with Kenny alongsideĀ so Sara could push on rather than coming so deep for the ball.Ā 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

The circus will go on Rowe and Sara next out the door, replace with 30 plus dewdrops, unless the Yank gets stuck in soon we are up the creek, not holding my breath though.

Going by all that i have read and listen too ,the Yanks wont be throwing money around. Im afraid it will probably be much the same as before ,with maybe a slight increase in transfer budget money, but nothing earth shattering that's for sure.Ā Ā