KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread Plymouth v Norwich****

Just now, Indy said:

Why have we had such issues at the back, seriously since Malay & Flem even our championship winning sides conceded lots of goals!

Tbf , the second championship winning season, we didnt, only conceded 30 odd all season...in no small part due to having a proper CDM in Skipp

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did Wagner give Barnes and Sargent injuries?

Did Wagner not bother signing suitable replacements should either let alone both get injured?

Whoever the **** was who gave Idah a 5 year deal wants a smacking 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What else could happen when you sell for millions but replace on the cheap? 

Yup I said as much the other day.. sell over 30mill of talent and spend only 2mill.. typical Nodge, predictable Nodge.

• Like 1

The decision to back Idah by the club has ****ed us. We have nothing up front.

the decision to play Gibson and Duffy as our centre back pairing is also a huge error. I like Duffy but we need a more mobile CB alongside him. Gibson is a total liability. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Feels like all the momentum we started the season with is slipping away. I wonder how long we give Wagner this season?

Christmas he’s earned that with the good start. Things need to change on the basis of this half though. 

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Tbf , the second championship winning season, we didnt, only conceded 30 odd all season...in no small part due to having a proper CDM in Skipp

What is this CDM position of which you speak?

• Haha 2

There are injuries every season.  And natural more injuries with players over 30. 

Think we had a good start of the season considering the players we have !!!

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

the decision to play Gibson and Duffy as our centre back pairing is also a huge error. I like Duffy but we need a more mobile CB alongside him. Gibson is a total liability. 

We sold that particular option to Forest and replaced him with another of Duffy and Gibsons ilk. You just have to laugh or you'l cry at some of the baffling decisions the club makes all across the board (no pun intended)

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

Push Sara up to no10 and bring on Forshaw or Gibbs 

Has to be surely. If the same eleven come out for the 2nd half it'll be madness

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yes I suppose 36 goals isn’t that bad, but it’s just so frustrating to watch, one thing is sure, having four 30+ year olds does make you question if maybe we do suffer from quick enough reactions and pace in the legs!

I'm not really sure why Forshaw and Baath aren't in the starting 11. Very experienced at this level.

3 minutes ago, Spillay said:

Yup I said as much the other day.. sell over 30mill of talent and spend only 2mill.. typical Nodge, predictable Nodge.

Is a ‘free’transfer on the cheap then?

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Feels like all the momentum we started the season with is slipping away. I wonder how long we give Wagner this season?

Webber's mate Wagner? He will get as long as he wants I suspect.

The fans on the other hand will probably turn quite quickly. Whether that's justified or not I don't know, but for all our financial constraints, the majority of Championship managers would be envious of our wage budget and resources.

Turns out beating Huddersfield, Millwall and Hull and scraping a win at home versus a dreadful Stoke team isn't actually that impressive or representative of a big improvement. 

We're in a fair old bit of trouble methinks.

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Listen Idah needed a season last year where he went on loan to a league one side played 40 games and came back full of confidence and experience. That didn’t happened because we are afraid to spend any money on getting in more oven ready players. 

It’s the same situation this season he needs to play games at a lower level but we don’t have the depth of squad to allow that and that is entirely on the board for not spending enough money in the transfer window to adequately improve this squad. The squad has improved but not to a level where we are going to be pushing top 6 on this showing. 

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...not being wise after the event

But, this team selection is just madness. Sargent/Barnes was the only combination at the club where we could play 2 strikers. Without one/or both it simply has to be another midfielder in the team in a 4231 , especially away from home

Madness, this ones on Wagner I'm afraid

Agree with this.

Maybe it was a false dawn, injury to Sargent and we look pretty poor!

Afraid that the reality that many of you on here need to face up to is that so many of our squad are average to poor. And our manager is the same. We are carried by a handful of players. 

Whilst we’ve been unlucky with injuries, we’ve not been unlucky re depth quality. 

And Wagner was never and is never the man to get this lot promoted. As much as I think many other managers would struggle too. 

• Like 2