Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup match thread Canaries V Foxes*

Just now, norfolkngood said:

i do not mind losing to better teamsĀ 

but you have to Rattle them make them earn it ,

put them under pressure to win it try pumping balls into box somethingĀ 

That is exactly what we've been doing the last 15 minutes or so?

Lost the spark ever since Sarge went off injured. HwangĀ needs too long to get up to speed even if he is good enough (juryā€™s out) and Idah just lacks Sargeā€™s presence and work rate. Really hope Barnes injury isnā€™t severe.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

World class defending from Gibson just standing still and watching it get passed in

Christ you're an idiot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, unique said:

How was that not offside?

Agreed, ball played forward player in offside position puts it in - clear offside.Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

That is exactly what we've been doing the last 15 minutes or so?

Not in the same way we have in past everyone together , everyone getting the foot in push them backĀ 

to late now but that's how Norwich can play with the fans behind themĀ 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

We've huffed and puffed, but simply come up against a better team. They'll win the league.Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Oh well, game over.

Was always a possibility when we were throwing everything at the equaliser. Stacey looked knackered.

Still think we've played pretty well.

Absolutely, despite all the usual bleating and scapegoating on this thread I think we've had a bloody good go this second half and played well against a very, very good side.

Fingers crossed Barnes and Rowe are good for Saturday as we need to go again.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unique said:

How was that not offside?

I think it was. Ā V close.Ā 

Weā€™ve been a lot better second half, showed we can very much love with them and would have been 1-1 with a bit of luckĀ 

Could have been different had Duffy's header gone in or Kenny's shot gone in and not hit the bar. We've had some chances, it's not all doom and gloom. The Rotherham loss was worse imo.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

World class defending from Gibson just standing still and watching it get passed in

I know - gave up didn't he.Ā 

Oh well I thought we might sneak a draw but a decent second half in general.Ā 

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Your answer is Gibson.

It wasn't offside because he was level with the ball when it was played. Nothing to do with Gibson.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

We've huffed and puffed, but simply come up against a better team. They'll win the league.Ā 

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if they amass the biggest championship points total ever.

• Like 1

Toothless I'm afraid. Leicester really aren't as great as people on here are insisting. Leeds and Ipswich will finish above them.Ā And we definitely won't be finishing top 6. Another season of mid table mediocrity awaits. Bring on the yanks!

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NWC said:

Agreed, ball played forward player in offside position puts it in - clear offside.Ā 

Ā 

Not if he is behind or level with the player passing it, which was clearly the linesmanā€™s view. I actually thought he was just offĀ 

Now we have to start like this second half straight from the kick off against Argyle. Leicester too good tonight. And we haven't got enough in midfield. Just that bit of flair and creativity.

Just now, Keith Scott said:

Toothless I'm afraid. Leicester really aren't as great as people on here are insisting. Leeds and Ipswich will finish above them.Ā And we definitely won't be finishing top 6. Another season of mid table mediocrity awaits. Bring on the yanks!

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Quite happy to have a charity bet that Leicester finish topĀ 

Just now, Big O said:

Not if he is behind or level with the player passing it, which was clearly the linesmanā€™s view. I actually thought he was just offĀ 

It was very tight. The kind of goal that would have led to 5 minutes of line drawing that we all complain about in the top flight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keith Scott said:

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Aw, perhaps you shouldĀ go to the dentist? Ā You a really are a pathetic individual.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Weā€™ve played quite well, all in all. But without creating much or making their keeper work. And against better teams in this league that will continue to cost us.Ā 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Now we have to start like this second half straight from the kick off against Argyle. Leicester too good tonight. And we haven't got enough in midfield. Just that bit of flair and creativity.

You'd hope Sainz and Nunez can add a bit more spark when fit.

Not all doom and gloom but not signing a quality striker when we realised the extent of Sargent's injury is looking a more and more baffling decision.

• Like 2

Just now, king canary said:

It was very tight. The kind of goal that would have led to 5 minutes of line drawing that we all complain about in the top flight.

I think he was ahead, shouldĀ be offside. Ā I donā€™t like the line drawing but it would get the correct result.Ā 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Have you watched the game ? Gibson has made in the second half some outstanding interceptions.

Maybe you can explain why that was Gibsons fault ? Suspect maybe that would give away your complete lack of football knowledge.

• Like 2