Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

New DOF ?

Well the Transfer window is behind us would now be a perfect time to get the new man in ?,

or are we going to give Stuart the January window ? ( done well with signings this summer in my opinion )

it has gone quiet since we hired a DOF recruitment Agency sort of thing ,

you really would not think it was such a hard thing to sort out or choose which man is the right one ,

The club should really of had a short list just in case Webber walked at anytime in the past ,

i hope it gets sorted out soon and does not drag on and on 

I reckon the Attannassios want to hold onto him as long as possible - possibly to deal with Jan window as well.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I reckon the Attannassios want to hold onto him as long as possible - possibly to deal with Jan window as well.

Makes sense in some ways.

I also think the relationship with MA is deeper than just signing a few players. I have this scenario in my head where SW takes a job at Milwaukee Brewers but also sits on the BOD at NCFC.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I also think the relationship with MA is deeper than just signing a few players. I have this scenario in my head where SW takes a job at Milwaukee Brewers but also sits on the BOD at NCFC.

I cant really see that happening although personally seeing how angry posters on here would get over such a thing, I'd welcome it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I heard he is going to the USA to set up a women's team for them. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

I cant really see that happening although personally seeing how angry posters on here would get over such a thing, I'd welcome it.

I like it. Possibly announce a new stand and name it after him as well? Maybe a statue?

• Haha 1

I might be wrong (I usually am) but I'm sure I remember Webber saying in an interview  (maybe shortly after he joined?) that he was not going to be here forever, he wanted to leave us in a better situation than he found us in, and that he would always have a list of possible replacements for himself in the event he leaves??

So, who would be on his list that he would deem good enough to step into his boots? 

It seems like the obvious time to make the change doesn’t it. Did I read somewhere the Turkish transfer deadline has not happened yet. Given Rashica departure was a key part of this window maybe we’ll see something in the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, OTBC06 said:

I might be wrong (I usually am) but I'm sure I remember Webber saying in an interview  (maybe shortly after he joined?) that he was not going to be here forever, he wanted to leave us in a better situation than he found us in, and that he would always have a list of possible replacements for himself in the event he leaves??

So, who would be on his list that he would deem good enough to step into his boots? 

Well, he had a list of potential head coaches too which Dean Smith clearly wasn’t on as he was employed by Villa, but he appointed him.

I doubt Luis Rubiales was on his list, but now… 😉 <- winky emoji.

2 hours ago, OTBC06 said:

He did, but he also said lots of other stuff. Like his aim is always investing in players for the future, not buying players who were in the last throes of their career. Isn't it just a tad ironic he has rescued his reputation a little this summer by going against that particular statement. We all live and learn I suppose ...

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think you're underestimating it here somewhat; it's a crucial role and not at all easy to get right.

Yes maybe worded wrong ,

what i thought the club was doing since we got a DOF is plan for future ,

Head Coach leaves we have been monitoring  world football at all times and identified a target  ,

ok those targets might get a job higher up while we are happy with our Manager etc but you move targets at all times ,

we should really have a back up plan with all major positions at the club ,

We should be looking for the Next person at all times as a just in case 

As was pointed out to me last week it could be that his successor is working off their notice. Could mean Webber will still be here for the Jan transfer window.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2023 at 15:09, shefcanary said:

He did, but he also said lots of other stuff. Like his aim is always investing in players for the future, not buying players who were in the last throes of their career. Isn't it just a tad ironic he has rescued his reputation a little this summer by going against that particular statement. We all live and learn I suppose ...

Seems a bit harsh to me, we've got a lot of young players, but lacked experience and leadership on the pitch. If Barnes can improve Sargent and Idah on the pitch then he's worth it.

I've been told that Nick Cox (director of man utd academy) is on a shortlist of 2 and has met with Delia and Michael and is very interested in the job. Not sure about the other candidate. I know this sounds a bit ITK but the source is very reliable.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sean said:

I've been told that Nick Cox (director of man utd academy) is on a shortlist of 2 and has met with Delia and Michael and is very interested in the job. Not sure about the other candidate. I know this sounds a bit ITK but the source is very reliable.

Seems like an interesting rumour, like Webber has a strong affinity for developing young players.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/introducing-man-utd-head-of-academy-nick-cox

https://elitescholars.co.uk/2023/02/05/nick-cox-manchester-united-academy-director/

On 10/09/2023 at 16:23, Capt. Pants said:

Been watching too much Ted Lasso mate 😂

On 15/09/2023 at 18:52, Sean said:

i like the sound of that ,

the contact book he would bring from Man Utd must be a advantage to us ,

8 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Certainly a high calibre of applicant, would certainly fit with the ethos to develop our own talent and focus on youth, he's also had a few jobs over the years at sheff utd and watford so would certainly have a lot of experience and contacts. Only reservation I could think of is that he's never had a role other than in youth development (as far as I know) but he wouldn't be alone in identifying more senior targets if was to come in. Sounds like an announcement might not be far away of the shortlist is down to 2 (from 5 several weeks ago)

10 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

From what I saw on MOTD this morning, we need to be trying to get someone from Brighton's recruitment team and not Manure's.

• Like 3

Phil Alexander has left Bristol City after 8 months and no reason was given. He was at Crystal Palace for 26 years and was Premier League CEO of the year in 2022. Was very influential in the successful transfer business Bristol did during the summer. Coincidence that we are looking for a Webber replacement?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Neil Warnock is available!

Alexander and Cox both sound decent candidates.

Well they're both vastly different in terms of age, experience and backgrounds it looks like. Alexander spent 26 years as CEO at Palace whilst Cox has focused on sports science and then developing youngsters with emphasis on mental health and well being.  

1 hour ago, Ernie Wise said:

Phil Alexander has left Bristol City after 8 months and no reason was given. He was at Crystal Palace for 26 years and was Premier League CEO of the year in 2022. Was very influential in the successful transfer business Bristol did during the summer. Coincidence that we are looking for a Webber replacement?

And he was a player with us in the early 80's