It's not so much the team we think will play it should be more about the players we don't even want on the bus/jumbo jet.

Gunn, Stacey, Gia, Sara (esp.,) McClean, Barnes, Duffy, Rowe (esp.) as I see no point in risking either injury or even fatigue for the cream of our team in this competition.

There is a case for including Barnes so that his partnership with Idah can be given a further try out and Fassnacht perhaps need more acclimatisation even though he has settled in particularly well.

Gibbs desperately needs game time, whilst the new 'keeper, Nunez and Omo and others could also do with ninety minutes. Placheta could be given another run out as wing-back. 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Full on don't risk any injuries to key players and give the fringe players a chance for me. (Keep the big hitters on the bench and bring them on late on if it's close)

Long

Fisher - Omo - Warner - McCallum

Springett - Gibbs - Forshaw (if he's ready)- Placheta 

Nunez

Idah

• Like 6

I could see a left hand side of Placheta and Springett with McCallum only making the bench again. Would be surprised if one of the main 2 CB's doesn't start alongside Omo.

2 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

After the slow game at QPR Wagner should be wary of too many changes if he wants to progress further …..

We all want to City to progress, but it's a balance. Is it worth risking another crucial injury? 

It was an awful draw and the competition as a whole is certainly not a money spinner until the big boys come into it (next round?) Even then they usually put out a 'reserve' eleven and only get serious if they reach the latter stages.

A Warner start would put him in the shop window for the rumoured league one move.

With just 2 fit strikers I'd start both on the bench and test our dws view that gibbs nunez and placheta can do the false no 9.

Rest rather than progress overall Fassnacht to continue his getting up to speed.

Long

Fisher Omo Warner McCallum

Springett Gibbs Forshaw Fassnacht

Nunez Placheta

And a strong bench

• Like 2

Can't risk Idah or Barnes for me now so I'd go with Placheta up front with Nunez just behind him. Not ideal but we get through a lot of running in games, particularly the forwards and Barnes is 33 while Idah has had injury problems, it's just not worth it for the second round of the league cup. Same team as ZLF for me. 

• Like 1

Placheta? Is he a winger, a full back, a wing back or a striker? No, he's a twister. 

To quote Chubby Checker. 

"Let's twist again ....."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Placheta? Is he a winger, a full back, a wing back or a striker? No, he's a twister. 

To quote Chubby Checker. 

You know if Gunn and Reyes both get injured think I know who's going in goal..

Our very own Polish Buffon to step up

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

To quote Chubby Checker. 

I heard Wagner mention Placheta playing up front, he is hard working but can’t really see him playing upfront, but then compared to Wagner what do I know.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You know if Gunn and Reyes both get injured think I know who's going in goal..

Our very own Polish Buffon to step up

Is George Long not available? If PP goes in on goal ahead of him I'll have to question the signing lol

GK. Long

LB. McCallum

CB. Gibson

CB. Omo

RB. Fisher

CM. Forshaw 

CM. Gibbs

AML. Springett

CAM. Nunez

AMR. Fassnacht

ST. Idah

Long

Fisher.       Omo.           Gibson.       Mccallum

Springett.      Forshaw.     Gibbs.      Placheta 

Nunez 

Idah.           

Gunn - Stacey - Duffy - Fass - McLean - Sara - Lima - Rowe - Barnes

They're on their way to Brizzle.....1195257_1692568212.jpg?v=0

They left about 25 minutes ago.....Hope they're not struggling from jet lag this time tomorrow night after their exhausting 40 odd minute flight....

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

They're on their way to Brizzle.....1195257_1692568212.jpg?v=0

They left about 25 minutes ago.....Hope they're not struggling from jet lag this time tomorrow night after their exhausting 40 odd minute flight....

Your sad, bitter drivel about us flying to games is the only serious rival on here to Essex dragging his pathetic shroud all over the message board. 

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Your sad, bitter drivel about us flying to games is the only serious rival on here to Essex dragging his pathetic shroud all over the message board. 

How is it sad and bitter? Football clubs shouldn't be flying to domestic fixtures in this country. We are in the edge of climactic disaster and air travel is a major contributor to it, domestic flights should be banned and public transport use encouraged.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Can't risk Idah or Barnes for me now so I'd go with Placheta up front with Nunez just behind him. Not ideal but we get through a lot of running in games, particularly the forwards and Barnes is 33 while Idah has had injury problems, it's just not worth it for the second round of the league cup. Same team as ZLF for me. 

For me it makes entire sense to play Idah imo, he needs to build on a run of games. But yeah Barnes on the bench. 

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

How is it sad and bitter? Football clubs shouldn't be flying to domestic fixtures in this country. We are in the edge of climactic disaster and air travel is a major contributor to it, domestic flights should be banned and public transport use encouraged.

Personally, from a footballing perspective, I would rather that they flew. It helps reduce the risk of injury when compared to the time spent in a coach or similar.

Don't get me started on public transport from Norwich, it's availability and the time taken to get to Bristol. When travelling for work we all make choices based on what we consider are best, Norwich City are no different.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

For me it makes entire sense to play Idah imo, he needs to build on a run of games. But yeah Barnes on the bench. 

Agreed.

We also need to field a team that is capable of making the best of Idah and whoever replaces Barnes (presumably Nunez).

If Wagner doesn't want another striker coming in then, looking at the bigger picture, we need to treat this game seriously and not as a training session.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

18 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Personally, from a footballing perspective, I would rather that they flew. It helps reduce the risk of injury when compared to the time spent in a coach or similar.

Both these views are correct.

To square the circle, I'd like to see a league-wide agreement that clubs don't fly, or at the very least, that they agree a distance limit below which you don't fly. (Doesn't seem unreasonable to me that Middlesbrough might fly to Plymouth, for instance, but that time Arsenal flew to Norwich was just completely ridiculous)

If you have a league-wide agreement, what you lose in sporting disadvantage when you have a long away trip, you get back in the home game when the opposition have to travel to you.

24 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Don't get me started on public transport from Norwich, it's availability and the time taken to get to Bristol. When travelling for work we all make choices based on what we consider are best, Norwich City are no different.

I'm sorry, but the health of the planet is FAR more important than a few footballers having a reduced risk of injury.

• Like 1

The league is far more important than the cup, and I’d prefer us to get knocked out tonight.

Long

Fisher    Omobamidele       Warner        McCallum

Gibbs         Forshaw

Springett               Nunez             Placheta

Dickson-Peters 

Although I haven’t heard of him for ages, on the club website it says Dickson-Peters is still with us. I’d start him ahead of Idah, as the last thing we want is for Idah to get injured as well. Leeds might get some key players injured, as Farke takes the cup seriously

1 minute ago, HazzaJet said:

I haven’t heard of him for ages, on the club website it says Dickson-Peters is still with us

He scored in the last U21 match! So could be in good form ...

10 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

The league is far more important than the cup, and I’d prefer us to get knocked out tonight.

Long

Gibbs         Forshaw

Dickson-Peters 

Although I haven’t heard of him for ages, on the club website it says Dickson-Peters is still with us. I’d start him ahead of Idah, as the last thing we want is for Idah to get injured as well. Leeds might get some key players injured, as Farke takes the cup seriously

I think morale and team spirit is huge for momentum and a good cup run builds on this and if some fringe players can get success when they need to come in and cover they are confident and able to step in at the required level imo. I hope we get a good run of at least one cup tbh. If we get knocked out by a prem team with some depth then fair enough but we should be knocking off teams in and around us to give us an aura that when we play them in the league that they’re on a back foot 

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Idah's injury record isn't great is the concern, But I do agree that Idah needs a game like this.

We've got Rotherham before the break so even if Idah got a knock it's not the end of the world when I believe someone like Fasi could play as striker in that match.  He appears to be a pretty robust guy, too.

24 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Long

Gibbs         Forshaw

Dickson-Peters 

To be honest, I would be tempted to go with a pretty much full strength midfield/attack for this one to give Idah a bedding in game with them...

5 hours ago, cornish sam said:

In general terms I agree with you, I really do - but Norwich to Bristol is a long way - we had a long trip to Huddersfield last weekend - we've got a long trip to Rotherham next weekend - I think under these circumstances it's justified. As for public transport - getting a train from Norwich to anywhere other than London is a nightmare. Of course it shouldn't be that way, but unfortunately it is.