cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup match thread Canaries V Lions*

Wonderful goal. Shut the window now.

It has basically been all us and it was a reward for our dominance. Barnes is better at controlling it than Sarge and it makes a big difference when building up play.

Those wondering about Barnes not scoring the goals might realise now that it's his hold-up play and ability to bring others into the game that is key to making this work.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Those wondering about Barnes not scoring the goals might realise now that it's his hold-up play and ability to bring others into the game that is key to making this work.

He's putting himself about with the opposition players and getting in the ref's face too-this is the type of aggression we've missed since Grant Holt left.

• Like 1

Very good so far, looking assured on the ball, always an attacking pass on to the wings.

Now this is how we like Norwich to play. Both Sargeant and Sara have that 20 / 30 yard worldy in them.

Its nice to be falling back in love with these Yellow Beasts.

2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

He's putting himself about with the opposition players and getting in the ref's face too-this is the type of aggression we've missed since Grant Holt left.

Agreed, but I think everyone knew that about him anyway. Always got the impression on here that many thought he was one for some all-in brawling and a more atavistic brand of football without realising that he had a lot about his game.

Hopefully Rowe won't be rash for another yellow 😏... 

Some very good play just the final 3rd not finished, or we have kicked it out of play down the right a few times too. 

Good performance but I felt we were dropping off in intensity in the last ten minutes so half time probably came at a good time for us.

As ever, we need the second before we can relax as we always allow the opposition one chance.

Want to see us make a strong start to the second half and put the game to bed. 

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fair on Barnes for ignoring being almost shoved down a hole but phwor the passion from Rowe

Although Barnes didn't react, seems like his passion has rubbed off on the rest of the team.

My first league game of the season as the last two Saturdays as I’ve been on holiday. 
Impressive first half, disciplined, yet lots of positional rotation in attack. 
This is almost like a throwback, 4-4-2, full backs getting high for crosses, one striker holding the ball up while the younger, quicker, makes the runs. We’re direct, with the team looking to make forward runs when in possession, and the first priority seemingly being to gain territory and momentum.  We’re not pumping the ball forward though, there’s long passes rather than long balls. 
I like what I’m seeing, so here’s, hopefully, to more of the same in the second half. 

Rowe might just be a generational talent in the making. You don’t score like that with quick feet in a tight space and finish clinically, without a special natural ability. 
I’m genuinely excited by the lad. 

• Thanks 1

Weren’t people saying he wasn’t ready for the first team just 2-3 weeks ago. He looked ready to me two years ago and he’s come back looking very fit and sharp. Well done to the lad.

GOOD OLE CITY - ON HE BALL AND FIELD, around the goal . in the stands. and plenty of hot pies. and delia inspired to write another cook  book

• Haha 1

Or, as that Millwall fan said (and got mentioned in a Totally Tettey video) - "the curly-headed f*ck has scored again!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Lionesses game is over, how we playing?

Lionesses? Bit sexist. Like policewomen. Can't we just call them Big Cats or is that sizeist . ? 

Just about to type my love of the Sarge header when up we pop again. Glad Ashes has scored. Its important for strikers to score as well as linking up play.