cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup match thread Canaries V Lions*

If Sara’s outstanding performances so far this season remain under the radar of PL scouts until the end of August,, it will be some miracle.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Lyon lost to Montpellier yesterday

To add to the badly stuffed lions.

GripsholmLion.thumb.jpg.3407ecaa1375ab054c9c1f4dea25b619.jpg

• Haha 4

Well that was good enough to be committed to seeing more live, the future depends on keeping Sara

Quite funny how many of us were expecting Wagnerball to be quite dour, defensively solid but possibly toothless up front. And after three games we're the league's top scorers but haven't kept a clean sheet

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Gibson off and we let a goal in.

If I speak I am in big trouble

IMG_1883.gif

• Haha 4

A good performance and win. Once again moving the ball quicker and more effective with it. Absolutely need to hold on to Sara this window. Sargent too. 

I’d still like to see more competition for that deeper mid position that McClean occupies. And a better striking option off the bench, as a loan perhaps. A couple of injuries in key places and we’ll feel it. I hope they’re planning to use that Aarons fee. 

Well look. I'm going to say it.

I am loving watching this side. I think this is the most rounded Norwich City team we've seen in ages. It's not as pretty as Farkeball, nor maybe as gung ho as Lambert's brand of football - but I love how hard this team works, I love Jonny Rowe who looks better with every game, Sara is an absolute beast and Sargent feels like he's blossoming towards his full potential.

Seen it said (by Connor Southwell on the Pink Un live blog) that Millwall played badly. I felt we didn't let them play. 

Not perfect - still improvement to be made. But great stuff, very excited for the future. 

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, unique said:

More like Gibson’s misplaced confidence in his own ability.

Was outstanding today . What's your problem .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

There always needs to be a scapegoat.

Better for it to be Gibbo, who's man enough to take it, than one of the younger players.

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I am loving watching this side. I think this is the most rounded Norwich City team we've seen in ages

Love it. Seems to have been engineered to be a team for us to get behind. Fair play to Webber for recognising and correcting the Smith Error

We were excellent today, as was the defence.

We only looked vulnerable when Omobamidele came on, and showed zero aggression losing out on an easy header leading to the first goal. Duffy was furious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

They're starting to realise 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20230820-141222~2.png

They could have been watching their national team in a world cup final but seems they decied to watch us play instead.

And they claim we are the ones obssesed with them?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

When was the last occasion we scored 9 goals in three games. It obviously cannot continue at that rate but it shows progession from last season and that is all you can ask. Improvement.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

When was the last occasion we scored 9 goals in three games. It obviously cannot continue at that rate but it shows progession from last season and that is all you can ask. Improvement.

Managed it a couple of times in the last promotion season. Best we managed last season was 8 in 2.

Got off to a faster start this season - Wagner's fitness work has clearly got the lads ready.

A pretty much complete performance albeit against a poor Millwall team. If I was being critical, the bench looks a little light and doesn't contain anyone who can change the game if needed, I also don't get the need to use all five subs which totally changes the shape of the team.

Fantastic to hear the anti Ipswich rhetoric in the ground, finishing above them will define our season.

Best home performance for 2 seasons albeit shockingly poor opposition. 

Hope we can find a way of playing Rowe through the middle and a better left winger as we were worse when the subs came on.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Fantastic to hear the anti Ipswich rhetoric in the ground, finishing above them will define our season.

Best home performance for 2 seasons albeit shockingly poor opposition. 

Hope we can find a way of playing Rowe through the middle and a better left winger as we were worse when the subs came on.

I'm tempted to say that was the worst performance by a visiting team in a long time but lets give our team some credit. We played exceptionally well until all the substitutions. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

A pretty much complete performance albeit against a poor Millwall team. If I was being critical, the bench looks a little light and doesn't contain anyone who can change the game if needed, I also don't get the need to use all five subs which totally changes the shape of the team.

Honestly the number of changes we made rather killed the game, but thankfuly by then we were already winning.

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm tempted to say that was the worst performance by a visiting team in a long time but lets give our team some credit. We played exceptionally well until all the substitutions. 

Agreed. Our bench needs to be much better. Shame we couldn't keep a clean sheet against an appalling team but otherwise it was a great performance.

Ramping it up for the Ipswich game now.

Never heard such anti manager chants from a supporting team. I thought we had heard the worst against Dean Smith, but Millwall are next level. And rightly so tbh.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Agreed. Our bench needs to be much better. Shame we couldn't keep a clean sheet against an appalling team but otherwise it was a great performance.

Ramping it up for the Ipswich game now.

Never heard such anti manager chants from a supporting team. I thought we have Dean Smith, but Millwall are next level. And rightly so tbh.

Think Rowett had a bit of a "last days of Dean Smith" momment when he sarcasticly clapped and jeered at Millwall fans chanting about him being sacked

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think Rowett had a bit of a "last days of Dean Smith" momment when he sarcasticly clapped and jeered at Millwall fans chanting about him being sacked

Yes Milleall fans are ensuring Rowett gets the sack pretty quickly. They need to otherwise they will be in League One next season.

33 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Millwall were very poor, we could (& maybe should) have scored 5 or 6.

Millwall’s sh1tness should distract from the fact that is was a very good all round performance.

He’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I think Barnes is an inspired signing. Putting himself about, backing into defenders, harrying and harassing - sets the tone for the rest of the team. I absolutely loved it when he smashed their player with a forearm and instantly screamed at the ref when he gave a free kick: ‘What for?’

You love to see it 

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I am loving watching this side. I think this is the most rounded Norwich City team we've seen in ages. It's not as pretty as Farkeball, nor maybe as gung ho as Lambert's brand of football - but I love how hard this team works, I love Jonny Rowe who looks better with every game, Sara is an absolute beast and Sargent feels like he's blossoming towards his full potential.

Seen it said (by Connor Southwell on the Pink Un live blog) that Millwall played badly. I felt we didn't let them play. 

Not perfect - still improvement to be made. But great stuff, very excited for the future. 

From a Norwich perspective this quote from Rowett is great reading. Exactly what you want from your team. 

Millwall manager Gary Rowett told BBC Radio London:

"Norwich are a much better side than they were last season, they've got some very good players and I thought they played really well, but we have to make them work a lot harder than that.

"For me they outran us, they were quicker to the ball, they had a little more desire running into those areas and we conceded three pretty poor goals"

Edited by Robert N. LiM
Took out the bit of the quote that wasn't about City
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly the number of changes we made rather killed the game, but thankfuly by then we were already winning.

I mean, that's kinda the point right? Already winning, comfortably.. objective then is to see the game out, killing the game is one way of doing that... One of our problems in previous seasons has been game management.