cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup match thread Canaries V Lions*

Just now, The Raptor said:

They can type?

No, they ask for help from the gorillas at Colchester zoo... The zoo loves match days for the extra business.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Branston said:

Was outstanding today . What's your problem .

Not my problem…….Warner’s problem.

Our defensive weaknesses have been apparent for many seasons, and with only two Championship teams having conceded more than Norwich so far, the problem doesn’t seem to have gone away.

It’s fine whilst the goals seem to be easy enough to come by, but as with today, 3-0 up and with Millwall barely able to lay a glove on Norwich, City find a way to concede.

The law of averages suggest Gibson is capable of a good game, but rest assured, he is not the answer.

9 minutes ago, unique said:

Our defensive weaknesses have been apparent for many seasons, and with only two Championship teams having conceded more than Norwich so far, the problem doesn’t seem to have gone away.

It’s fine whilst the goals seem to be easy enough to come by, but as with today, 3-0 up and with Millwall barely able to lay a glove on Norwich, City find a way to concede.

The law of averages suggest Gibson is capable of a good game, but rest assured, he is not the answer.

Gibson wasn’t on the pitch when Millwall scored.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Gibson wasn’t on the pitch when Millwall scored.

Funnily enough a couple of weeks ago against Hull someone in front of me screamed "For F*** sake Gibson" and I took tremendous pleasure in telling him he'd been substituted 10 minutes previously.

Anyway, I thought we were really, really good today. Take your pick of them for man of the match. Obviously would rather we hadn't taken our foot off quite so much for the last 20 or so but we earned the right to do so before that.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think Rowett had a bit of a "last days of Dean Smith" momment when he sarcasticly clapped and jeered at Millwall fans chanting about him being sacked

An interesting watch/listen: 

2 hours ago, unique said:

The goal we conceded came when Gibson was substituted, Omo came on and didn't get close to showing the level of commitment or aggression required, losing out on a routine header which led to the goal. Duffy was furious with Omo.

2 hours ago, unique said:

Gibson was outstanding today . Don't understand all the scapegoating.  Then he leaves the pitch and golden boy screws up again .

58 minutes ago, Branston said:

P.S . Pleased you are unique

You didn't even watch the game . Get a life .

Watched the entire game.

Conceding an average of two goals a game is still a problem.

Personal insults is very easy on a faceless message board. Maybe a reflection of your character?

The sooner it’s ‘back to school’, the better.

Great win yesterday, played some really slick, good passing high energy stuff.

I'm starting to gain more confidence of a top 6 finish this season, although still early days. I do have a concern with squad depth, there was a noticeable drop in quality once a few subs were made, although that can happen when a game is won with half hour still to play.

We are really seeing the effects of a manager having a whole pre season to work with a squad.

Note for the Millwall fans, weird bunch great at the start,  good humour to the end but still that certain element about them though, bloke near me got hit by a coin after we got the first which led to some handbags and some old bald bloke in their section near on giving himself a heart attack with abuse being thrown (luckily no chairs this season).

All in all a very good day in the office, although disappointing we didn't keep that clean sheet in the end.

To add,  got to feel a bit sorry for Rowett, can't remember a time when both sets of fans were calling for a managers head :classic_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

To add,  got to feel a bit sorry for Rowett, can't remember a time when both sets of fans were calling for a managers head :classic_biggrin:

Us last year at Kenilworth road, wasn't it?!

Edited by Robert N. LiM
Maybe that was the joke Ken was making, in which case I look like a right plonker

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Us last year at Kenilworth road, wasn't it?!

No I wasn't at Kenilworth Rd so didn't actually realised they'd joined in.