Will be tight, I think. Spain showed against Japan that pace and precision can tear them apart, but England haven't really shown that in their locker. Conversely, England have looked a resilient team missing some of the better players, whilst as a team they can withstand a lot of pressure and are excellent in match situations without really excelling.

I think there'll be some very good football played in spells, but it's a final - it's more likely to be tense with both teams being a shade more conservative over the match.

If you're to push me for a predo, England to nick it in extra time.

• Like 1

Two ways this is going, tight game and probably penalties, or an early goal for England and probably a 3-0 win because any open pitch plays bang into Englands hands.

22 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

It’s fantastic. But does anyone actually care? Genuinely curious? 

Most won't, which will show in the stands. Those wanting to watch Norwich will attend, and those for the final will stay away. I suspect the stadium will be full of nearly full. Can only wait to see what actually happens though. 

5 minutes ago, JB said:

Most won't, which will show in the stands. Those wanting to watch Norwich will attend, and those for the final will stay away. I suspect the stadium will be full of nearly full. Can only wait to see what actually happens though. 

Probably a lot of people at Carrow Road watching the Final on their phones while play is on the pitch. Should be an interesting atmosphere.

1 hour ago, JB said:

And those not involved with supporting Norwich or Millwall will be packing the pubs and clubs out for the England game. Hard to get tickets for the main venues up here.

I am totally outnumbered, whilst I am travelling down to Norwich, my wife, daughter, her husband, 4 grandkids and around 20 others ( friends and family ) are off to watch England on a big screen. 

Its a Norwich match at carrow rd...norwich fans will be there, the lure of a live match vs a game on tv being played on the other side of the world that has no connection to NCFC will prove enough (except for the odd one or two who have been bleating and crying on here for the past few days)  ...for those who have a passing interest will ,I'm sure negotiate this 45 min overlap by watching/listening to phones/radio..

Had a fiver on Chloe Kelly to score first England to win 2-0 at 75-1

Will be at FCR Tomorrow while recording the final for evening viewing

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Who would have thunk it? And no, I won't mention that it's kicking off at almost the same time as us as let's be honest that's been talked to death and it all it's done is cause people to start screaming at and insulting each other and I'm surprised our unnamed invisible moderator has not stepped in and put an end to that fire of a thread

So hey, let's ignore all that nonsense and keep things nice and friendly in here. Got to be a few people looking forward to seeing how the match between England and Spain goes right? Should be an interesting one. Anybody got any predictions?

Yes you’ll find another 3 ways of reposting the same message before kick off tomorrow ; - ) only joking 

I actually think England will win comfortably 4-1 

11 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Had a fiver on Chloe Kelly to score first England to win 2-0 at 75-1

Will be at FCR Tomorrow while recording the final for evening viewing

Good luck with hiding from the result as I think if we win it they’ll announce it on the tannoy 

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23733389.norwich-city-david-wagner-lionesses-millwall-kick-off-time/

Wagber believes the game should have been moved

England will win, 2-0, Hemp to score.

Oh God, thoughts and prayers to the gammons who read that. Not sure how they will cope now even Wagner is saying the women's game should be respected. 

If you've a Norwich supporting family or friend one who can't help tweeting or posting that they think female goalies are ****, check in with them regularly.

4 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Good luck with hiding from the result as I think if we win it they’ll announce it on the tannoy 

Yeah I've come to terms with that, will just watch it anyway. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

My money is on I’ll hear the result 400 maybe 500 times before leaving the stadium 

Jubilee park tomorrow or nearby for parking mate 

• Haha 1

I've decided I'll watch the England game tomorrow and check in on the Norwich game at half time and full time.

To be honest, I'm a little angry on behalf of the lionesses with the degree of contempt their achievement is being treated with by those with most influence. The PM won't be there; no senior royal will be there; domestic football is carrying on regardless.

These women have worked hard to generate as much interest in the women's sport as they have, but they're getting virtually no support at all from any of our leaders.

I'd be quite pleased to see Sir Keir Starmer there tomorrow. It'd be a great opportunity for him to show he can act like a leader when nobody else is inclined to.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Oh God, thoughts and prayers to the gammons who read that. Not sure how they will cope now even Wagner is saying the women's game should be respected. 

If you've a Norwich supporting family or friend one who can't help tweeting or posting that they think female goalies are ****, check in with them regularly.

When people find out the Norwich ladies manager has been using the canteen at colney they’ll be hell to pay

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I've decided I'll watch the England game tomorrow and check in on the Norwich game at half time and full time.

To be honest, I'm a little angry on behalf of the lionesses with the degree of contempt their achievement is being treated with by those with most influence. The PM won't be there; no senior royal will be there; domestic football is carrying on regardless.

These women have worked hard to generate as much interest in the women's sport as they have, but they're getting virtually no support at all from any of our leaders.

I'd be quite pleased to see Sir Keir Starmer there tomorrow. It'd be a great opportunity for him to show he can act like a leader when nobody else is inclined to.

That is interesting... Just a reminder that none of these "leaders" give two hoots about you and I. 

• Like 1

Anyone else remember the Likely Lads tv prog when the two lads tried to avoid hearing the result of a Newcastle match

• Like 2

Should be a good game and with both being reasonably defensively solid it might be about who scores first - hopefully it'll be us

11 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Amusing that the Queen of Spain will be at the match cheering on Spain. But will our King be there? Nope. Will his son be there? Nope. Or a cousin? Prehaps some distant relative twice removed? Nope.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Amusing that the Queen of Spain will be at the match cheering on Spain. But will our King be there? Nope. Will his son be there? Nope. Or a cousin? Prehaps some distant relative twice removed? Nope.

Don't be silly, they'll be too busy blasting wildlife out of the sky.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It’s my guess that they flipped the women’s football and environmentalists coin and just stop oil won.

• Haha 1

As it's very likely our game will still be in progress when the world cup has ended I expect a chorus of 'footballs coming home' if England win.

Its on both Terrestrial Channels - that's enough hot air to pee off JSO!

I mean, I thought the BBC was on its last legs. Just spotted 4 women on a tax paid junket in Oz. 

Well I'm going to the ground, but will join in the novelty of the occasion by watching  live game and a TV game at the same time. How long I spend in my seat depends on how fast I can drink a pint.

I think I'll be a nightmare for those around me!

11 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Anyone else remember the Likely Lads tv prog when the two lads tried to avoid hearing the result of a Newcastle match

It was an England game-it’s cited as a classic episode but I’ve never seen it.