Yobocop

Yobocop’s Big Question of the week - Unconventional Roles

Hey fellow Norwich City fans,

After that incredible 4-4 draw on Saturday, it's time to dive into Yobocop’s big question of the week on the Norwich City Pinkun forum!

This week, we're throwing a curveball and asking for your wildest suggestions regarding unfamiliar roles for both current and former Norwich City players.

An example would  be a striker showcasing their goalkeeping skills? Or maybe a midfielder stepping into the shoes of a coach? Whether it's a unique position on the pitch or a completely different career path post-football, we want to hear your imaginative ideas.

So, let's put on our thinking caps and come up with some entertaining and unconventional roles that our beloved Norwich City players have taken on. Can't wait to see the creativity flow!

On the ball city! 🟡🟢

Yobocop x 

Edited by Yobocop

Seem to recall that both Darren Beckford and Darryl Sutch donned the goalie gloves in the days before sub keepers on the bench and both pulled off some worldies!

Spud - fourth official

Father Phil Mulryne - priest

Cody McDonald - non-league striker to professional goalkeeper in one year.

There was a very weird game vs Stoke under Peter Grant where we played Gary Doherty in Central midfield. Never repeated.

We also had the fun spell of Darell Russell playing as a lone striker. 

31 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Winger Terry Anderson playing in central defence in a late-career move.

Bryan Gunn as a manager...🤩

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

There was a very weird game vs Stoke under Peter Grant where we played Gary Doherty in Central midfield. Never repeated.

We also had the fun spell of Darell Russell playing as a lone striker. 

Steven Whittaker also played centre midfield in one game-can’t remember who it was against or what the score was but I do remember that he got a lot of criticism on here, although he was playing where his manager told him to play.

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Hey fellow Norwich City fans,

After that incredible 4-4 draw on Saturday, it's time to dive into Yobocop’s big question of the week on the Norwich City Pinkun forum!

This week, we're throwing a curveball and asking for your wildest suggestions regarding unfamiliar roles for both current and former Norwich City players.

An example would  be a striker showcasing their goalkeeping skills? Or maybe a midfielder stepping into the shoes of a coach? Whether it's a unique position on the pitch or a completely different career path post-football, we want to hear your imaginative ideas.

So, let's put on our thinking caps and come up with some entertaining and unconventional roles that our beloved Norwich City players have taken on. Can't wait to see the creativity flow!

On the ball city! 🟡🟢

Yobocop x 

Ben Gibson as a central defender by the looks of it.

• Haha 1

Didn't Darel Russell play up front for us a couple of times during the dark Grant/Roeder era of did I just imagine it that? Just had a look at Russell's wiki, it's on there and said it was during Roeder's era. I know it would have been Roeder's way of telling the board that he needs signings but that really was a strange one. 

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Bryan Gunn as a manager...🤩

Who'd have thought that Sheriff of Norwich would not be the role he was least qualified for.

• Haha 2

Kenny McClean as Mayor of Norwich (briefly.)

I believe Jim Oliver became a shopkeeper in Norwich (sports?). He was our neighbour when I was a youngster. His kids were a very noisy lot and used to annoy my mother. They were a nice family though. My old boy and Jim had many a conversation over the garden fence, mostly about City.

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Wasn't chris Sutton a centre back when he was in the youth team?

Played more than a few games at CB for the first team.

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Daryl sutch used car salesman 

Dion Dublin homes under the hammer 

And what a hammer, Alex Ferguson even rang Gordon Strachan to talk about it. 

John McDowell playing in midfield against Forest in the late 70's  The John Bond plan which worked and got us a 3-3 draw. 

The Barclay getting inside Peter Shilton's head may have helped😂

Edited by dylanisabaddog

55 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Daryl sutch used car salesman 

Dion Dublin homes under the hammer 

Sutch was also an estate agent a couple of years ago. Showed my mate round the house he ended up buying!

For non norwich I nominate Kevin muscat who has gone from **** running round a football pitch trying to beat people up to repected title winning coach.

• Like 1