Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Aarons to Bournmouth

40 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Gotta put the Max money towards another CB. We're dangerously light in that area even if Big Andy stays.

Highly unlikely we'll sign a sixth centre half I'd have thought even taking into account injuries. Especially with Jaden Warner highly thought of too.

Just now, Gordon Bennett said:

Highly unlikely we'll sign a sixth centre half I'd have thought even taking into account injuries. Especially with Jaden Warner highly thought of too.

But if you look at available CBs:

• Gibson
  • Duffy
  • Omabamidele

That's it, and that's too light. Hanley injured and who knows what condition he'll be in when he returns, could have lost all his pace. Tomkinson is injured. Haven't heard of Warner I'll admit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

• Gibson
  • Duffy
  • Omabamidele

That's it, and that's too light. Hanley injured and who knows what condition he'll be in when he returns, could have lost all his pace. Tomkinson is injured. Haven't heard of Warner I'll admit.

i think you are right i would buy a good young 1st team defender ,

but i think wages would be a problem Gibson is a big earner and i can not see the club paying him to be on the bench 

24 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i think you are right i would buy a good young 1st team defender ,

but i think wages would be a problem Gibson is a big earner and i can not see the club paying him to be on the bench 

This is the issue really, how much money are the club realistically going to invest in central defenders? Tomkinson back early to September by the sounds of things and Hanley could conceivably be back in October so unless either of the young uns goes on loan then even without signing anybody you could be looking at six fit centre halves vying for two positions. 

However if Hanley is out til Nov-Dec, if Big Andy leaves and if Tomkinson goes on loan then absolutely get another one in. Just don't see it myself.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s not the size it’s what you do with it that matters 

That's why people are bashing it so heavily then, explains a lot.

Edited by Google Bot

3 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

• Gibson
  • Duffy
  • Omabamidele

Ajer is not exactly a regular at Brentford any more.. Dare we try again?🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And on that matter has the Quag retired yet....?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

• Gibson
  • Duffy
  • Omabamidele

It would defo be a risk to leave us with 4 fit centre-backs (Gibson, Duffy, Omabamidele and Tomkinson) till xmas containing two players that are relatively 'inexperienced' heads. We saw how that played out at the end of last season with Omabamidele and Sorenson.

An easy compromise would be to loan someone till xmas to cover Hanley. If he hasn't recovered by then, extend the loan.

OTBC

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

NO!!!! We dodged that bullet once already. Simply not a very good footballer.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s not the size it’s what you do with it that matters 

Are you talking about clubs or Midlands' testicles again?

• Haha 1

We have no money left for transfer fees (the money we had before has gone on wages for the 'free' transfers in). 

We have three fit CB's, presuming Omobamidele is not sold in this window. I would go for a loan, akin to the Rodon loan to Leeds.

4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

• Gibson
  • Duffy
  • Omabamidele

to be honest if anyone bid for Gibson i would be happy to sell him ,

Far to many mistakes with him and Hanley in the CB positions even at this level ,

use to the money to rebuild the back line 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bovril said:

We have no money left for transfer fees (the money we had before has gone on wages for the 'free' transfers in). 

We have three fit CB's, presuming Omobamidele is not sold in this window. I would go for a loan, akin to the Rodon loan to Leeds.

Well, we don't until Max is sold

59 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, we don't until Max is sold

I do not expect much of the Aarons / Rashica or any sales will be spent ,

the club has signed so good freebies and those wages should be covered by players who have left dowell / pukki etc 

i think some balancing the books is going on 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I do not expect much of the Aarons / Rashica or any sales will be spent ,

the club has signed so good freebies and those wages should be covered by players who have left dowell / pukki etc 

i think some balancing the books is going on 

Webber did talk about reinvesting though . Guess that could mean Fassnacht and Sainz but a bit underwhelming if none of the money is used on transfer fees 

£12m, sounds about right given the last two seasons haven't been so great for him

Edited by AJ

I have met Max on a few occasions having run a football facility where he came to meet me with his Dad, genuinely a really nice family and knowing him it would’ve been a difficult decision to leave Norwich but equally this will be an excellent move for him. 

Will miss him at NCFC but wish him luck for next season. 

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Bournemouth's money is as good as anyone's but rather similar to when Bellamy left us to join Coventry , feel slightly underwhelmed for him at the next stage of his career..

Why? Premier Bournemouth is a step up from us. It’s up to him to show what he can do in that league third time around.

Looks like they have a good song lined up for him ! 

Ohhhhh Max Aarons is magic

He wears a magic hat

He could've signed for Leeds but he said no f++k that

Instead he signed for Bournemouth cus we're f++king dynamite

And when we get to Europe we'll sing this song all night

5 minutes ago, Grando said:

Why? Premier Bournemouth is a step up from us. It’s up to him to show what he can do in that league third time around.

I’ll answer that for GJL as I understood what he meant 

when Bellamy moved to Cov there were talks of him going even higher, we all know eventually he did. I think what GJL is saying is he thought Aarons would too but as with Bellamy think it will take a few years and he’ll then move on and hopefully we’ve got a decent sell on! 

A shame he has left but really wish him nothing but the best. Shows how to behave and do your job. If I'm completely honest, I'm a little underwhelmed as I want him to go to a 'big' club and succeed.