canarydan23

What were Hull so mad about?

Can anyone shed any light? I get there was an issue with the corner, but we didn't score from that and in football terms that was a country mile before the goal. They were going mental like there was something the officials missed, but the goal was fine. Idah was miles onside when the cross went it and it clearly then bounced of a Hull player. So why were they so p*ssy?

They can't even grumble about the added time, as it was their goaly timewasting in injury time, which he got a yellow card for despite the new rules meaning that time would be added on at the end, that meant it went on after the 5 minutes stated. So why were they so narked to the point that their manager got himself sent off? I don't get it.

• Like 2

I think their main grumble was that it wasn't a corner because the ball had already gone out, and it looks inconclusive from that still that's doing the rounds.

I haven't seen any decent angles to judge whether Idah was offside or not, but he certainly didn't look it from the main camera. 

So yeah, not too sure why their complaints were so vociferous.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think their main grumble was that it wasn't a corner because the ball had already gone out, and it looks inconclusive from that still that's doing the rounds.

I haven't seen any decent angles to judge whether Idah was offside or not, but he certainly didn't look it from the main camera. 

So yeah, not too sure why their complaints were so vociferous.

Couldn't tell regarding the ball being in play but Idah was definitely on side when the cross came in

6 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

You would be pretty pissed if you had to go back there.

Not sure getting drunk would help much, especially if you had to drive.

• Haha 1

Frustration at losing the last kick I would imagine. Idah was probably onside but even then the ball came off their defender. That was clear as daylight. I don't know why Stroud thought to disallow it.

The corner didn't lead to the goal. It was a legit goal all day long.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

I think the screening of the goal was not a good idea. At the angle we were watching the screen Idah did look rather offside. All the Hull players were pointing to the screen. The ref also saw the second screening of the goal, and immediately went over to his assistant ( this was after he had already given the goal ). They then chatted for quite a while before the ref then awarded the goal for a second time. Their manager seemed to be asking the ref to look at his monitor, so I think it was the angle on our screen, lesson don’t show replays until the goal is absoloutely confirmed.

Anyway football league highlights on so we will find out shortly with 100% clarity.

56 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Story goes that they had to go back to Hull, ever been?
You would be pretty pissed if you had to go back there.

they can't even decide what to call their city... 

• Haha 1

Quite interesting to see the views of a Hull fan vlogging the match:

Didn't seem a fan of Gibson, or the Ref at the start!  Only got worse by the end :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

It’s pretty strange - just watched the post-match interview with the Asst Manager and one of the guy’s biggest gripes appears to be that the ball was played in after 5:15 of injury time ‘when we’d been told it would be 5’….call me a thicko if you want, but don’t we all know that the injury time stated is a minimum, and that Hull’s keeper had been given.a booking for time-wasting during time added on?  It is pretty bloody obvious that some additional time would be added.  You can’t just time waste injury-time away.

Imdeed, it wasn’t dissimilar in the first half where a bit extra was played because they’d had a guy down injured for over a minutefrom 45 to 46 mins played.

I don’t know quite what they are expecting. I get the query over the corner, but they ought to learn to play until the final whistle and look at their defending rather than whingeing about 15 seconds of extra injury time having been played. It was not offside, I think that is clear to all.

As they say in cricket when someone is complaining: look in the scorebook - that tells you the score. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s pretty strange - just watched the post-match interview with the Asst Manager and one of the guy’s biggest gripes appears to be that the ball was played in after 5:15 of injury time ‘when we’d been told it would be 5’….call me a thicko if you want, but don’t we all know that the injury time stated is a minimum, and that Hull’s keeper had been given.a booking for time-wasting during time added on?  It is pretty bloody obvious that some additional time would be added.  You can’t just time waste injury-time away.

Yeh, daft excuse tbh. The time added on is always the discretion of the ref who can add / remove as he sees fit. (Before someone queries remove, remember when the ref blew up early end of the season to stop us invading the pitch following a relegation?)
The lad in the video was "disgussstedd" with the call about a corner, yet to see that but I think overall we deserved the win.

Two posts, Worldie save to deny Sarge's header, the open goal salmon flop diving header earlier.... it could have easily been 4-1 without Rowes goal at half time.

Reasonable footage of the corner incident here if anyone interested:

It does look out to be fair.  But that's just how it goes, we've had plenty of crap luck, and it's clear we deserved the points:

image.thumb.png.efb48cc9633377da681cd84b7426496f.png

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It does look out to be fair.  But that's just how it goes, we've had plenty of crap luck, and it's clear we deserved the points:

Remember the whole of the ball has to be out, seen from above. Looks close but still in play to me.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Remember the whole of the ball has to be out, seen from above. Looks close but still in play to me.

Certainly impossible to tell from that angle and absolutely not a clear error. I would personally prefer it if all lines on the pitch were monitored with similar cameras as for the goal line technology. Let's do the position of set pieces and the distance of walls while we're at it. But, without the tech, you have to assume it's still in play unless it's clearly out (which is not the case here). 

Keith Stroud assured them he’d do whatever it takes for us to lose and he’s had a nightmare at the end they are justifiably mad.

• Haha 2

Us lot down in section O of the south stand didn’t have a clue what was going on - just went mental when the ref pointed to the centre spot.

Did the screen get turned because it was playing the goal? 

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Thoroughly enjoyed all of that. Ball miles out. Tremendous stuff.

Parma

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
Am also allowed to just be a fan sometimes too 👏👏🤣🤣🤣🤗🤗🕺🕺🕺 💛💚
  • Haha 1

Coaches usually blame the ref so the story is about that rather than their team's performance.

Can't comment on the corner but there was absolutely nothing wrong with the goal.

That ball does look well out to me. No point trying to pretend otherwise but it’s nice to get a decision like that in your favour once in a while.

6 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

That ball does look well out to me. No point trying to pretend otherwise but it’s nice to get a decision like that in your favour once in a while.

I suppose you think the corner flag is out too?

It's definitely close but impossible to tell without being in line because of the curve of the ball. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Not sure what the assistant is doing there, he should be in line with the last defender to check offside calls, and as we can see he's clearly several yards behind play and thus in no position to make a clear call. Nice to get a break now and again, especially when Stroud's on the whistle!

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Not sure what the assistant is doing there, he should be in line with the last defender to check offside calls, and as we can see he's clearly several yards behind play and thus in no position to make a clear call. Nice to get a break now and again, especially when Stroud's on the whistle!

He pulled off a howler when he signalled for offside even though Idah was embarrassingly onside and didn’t touch the ball as well slightly before.

Keith Stroud always brings his A team with him. Next time we have him as ref he’s going to be filled with vengeance, got to keep an eye on that.

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

He pulled off a howler when he signalled for offside even though Idah was embarrassingly onside and didn’t touch the ball as well slightly before.

Keith Stroud always brings his A team with him. Next time we have him as ref he’s going to be filled with vengeance, got to keep an eye on that.

To be fair, the assistant did the right thing there. When it deflected off the Hull player into Idah's path, Idah was in an offside position. Because it was a massive scramble the assistant probably wasn't sure who it had deflected off, so he'd have called Stroud over. He'd then have said "Idah was in an offside position when the ball deflected to him, but I didn't see who it deflected off." Stroud would have told him it deflected off a Hull player, so the assistant would then have known the goal was legit. Not quite sure what took them so long, though.

Edited by Feedthewolf

42 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I suppose you think the corner flag is out too?

It's definitely close but impossible to tell without being in line because of the curve of the ball. 

Those saying 'well out' are obviously not clear on the exact rule. I don't think you can tell 100% and doubtful the lino could either at real speed, but as it just has to overhang even just 1mm and not actually be touching the white stuff I'd be inclined to say it's still in.

• Like 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Those saying 'well out' are obviously not clear on the exact rule. I don't think you can tell 100% and doubtful the lino could either at real speed, but as it just has to overhang even just 1mm and not actually be touching the white stuff I'd be inclined to say it's still in.

Yeah, there was one at the World Cup in Qatar (a Japan game I think?) where it looked miles out, but they then showed it using technology and it was overhanging ever so slightly when from the 'normal' camera angle it looked a long way out.

As mentioned previously, though, the assistant was miles behind play so in no position to make a decisive call on it anyway.

• Like 2

As an ex ref the fault lies only with the Assistant, as he’s supposed to be level with the last man in defence, excluding the keeper, and he’s a good metre away which can make it impossible to see clearly. Stroud will have gone by his call and he’s said it’s in play so that’s that. As for Idah, he looks offside, but, the ball is played into his path by a defender as an action rather than a deflection, so again the call is correct.

Having said all that, I’m sure we would all be peed off if it had been the same set of circumstances for a Hull winner. The old cliche everything evens out so we will be victims no doubt sometime through the season too.