1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Just to score a home goal would be something ! Weā€™re usually slow out of the blocks so maybe 1-1 realistically.
Ā 

Agree, and I think the load on the players this week will say something. I'd hope Wagner's tapered it a bit so the lads have recovered somewhat. As much as you can't read much into pre-season (one for the clichƩ bucket) what is clear to me is that we're looking to be a more forceful, physical team that push opposing sides onto the back foot with regular overlaps.

That lends itself better to being a fast starter than our previously methodical approach.

• Like 1

0 - 0 with the Hull manager saying ' great result considering most of their players have played in the Premiership!'Ā 

• Haha 1

Can't wait for Saturday. Matchday festivities, the football is secondary. 15 degrees and wet, which is good as fans will be wearing jackets to cover up those dreadful new shirtsĀ šŸ˜‰

2-0 to us. No excuses really is there.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agree, and I think the load on the players this week will say something. I'd hope Wagner's tapered it a bit so the lads have recovered somewhat. As much as you can't read much into pre-season (one for the clichƩ bucket) what is clear to me is that we're looking to be a more forceful, physical team that push opposing sides onto the back foot with regular overlaps.

That lends itself better to being a fast starter than our previously methodical approach.

i hope you are right !Ā 

Sometimes we have seen it before what they do in preseason / training is not what they do on the pitch on a saturday ,

we have to bully teams and go after them straight from the off ,Ā 

we will get beatenĀ this season of course as long as the other team earns it and we do not gift it to them the fans will be happier ,

Only got one point to make, this first game of season, Norwich first game of winning not impressive, take the 4/1 and be happy if you don't win.

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i hope you are right !Ā 

Sometimes we have seen it before what they do in preseason / training is not what they do on the pitch on a saturday ,

we have to bully teams and go after them straight from the off ,Ā 

we will get beatenĀ this season of course as long as the other team earns it and we do not gift it to them the fans will be happier ,

Bielsa's Leeds teams were always fast starters.

Tight and tedious 0-0.

Comments that follow along the lines of "...yes, we've tightened things up at the back, but where are the goals coming from?".

• Like 1

This is the first chance to see this Ā“newĀ“ Norwich team in real action. Friendlies are friendlies and played with tired legs.

It will be interesting to see how they play against a Hull team who in their last 10 games of last season only lost to Middlesborough away and Burnley at home. They will be well set up, motivated and no push-overs. I think the game will hinge on a) them not scoring first and shutting up shop, and b) us scoring and forcing them to open up.

I go for the latter and a tough, hard-fought 2-0.Ā 

1.1. We take the lead. Connolly levels for them. Good signing for them. Would have been happy if weā€™d nabbed him. I think heā€™ll have a good season.Ā 

Adama traore against our centre backs be fun.Ā 

Edited by daz

We are traditionally a slow starter so I'm going to be positive and go for a sneaky 1-0 win for us.

If we lose, we have Saints then Millwall, so Wagner could then really be under some pressure, but hoping the fitness and new physicality gets us cheering with a win!Ā 

We'll be much harder to beat with a solid defensive structure at the expense of a bit of attacking intent. It will be bit of a stalemate until a minor defensive slip lets Hull score against the run of play. We'll pile on the pressure towards the end but ultimately lack the cutting edge, with Idah hitting wide from 4 yards, his blushes being saved by an erroneously raised off-side flag.Ā 

0-1

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well yes, I posted the above screenshot to show that there are loads of footballers called Adama Traore and it often causes confusion.Ā 

The two who were both born in June 1995 (in the same city, as well) were teammates at both club and international level at one point, which must've caused some confusion.Ā 

5 hours ago, Petriix said:

It will be bit of a stalemate until a minor defensive slip lets Hull score against the run of play.

Sometimes it's really boring being right.Ā 

7 hours ago, Petriix said:

with Idah hitting wide from 4 yards, his blushes being saved by an erroneously raised off-side flag.Ā 

And it's wonderful being completely wrong!Ā 

• Haha 1

On 03/08/2023 at 08:55, Nexus_Canary said:

37 - 1

Hull have been playing FIFA all summer and won't have Thier shiz together.

Sarge will hit 20 and idah 17 shutting up all the neigh sayers, of course we will concede one because we will fart about at the back as usual , first 2 mins to make everyone groan.

Mark Anatasio will turn out to be a pseudonym used by Stephen Fry and he will invest Ā£50 as well as a hosting a Black Adder reunion dinner where everyone apart from Tony Robinson will show up.

The drummer will mercifully still be trying to resit his GCSEs at the university of Leicester having failed music for the 4th successive year. In his sted will be a cut out of dani dyer the carrow road lot missing the point and sticking her cut out in there as we failed to sign Jared Bowen when we had the chance.

Despite the multiple record breaking win Canary call will be inundated with people moaning we havent got a striker or asking why the manager didn't play Pukki as he's our best ghoul scorer neal.

Norwich fans will still be miserable but yet consoled by the fact that it turned out farkes work permit didn't come through and Leeds moved to bring in Smith to replace him. Ipswich loseĀ  Thier first game 1-0 following a worldie of an accidental oggy. 30 yard screamer following halftime when their winger forgets the pitch ends have reset, he's off celebrating for 5 mins before he realises what he's done.

Meanwhile Vlad puttin fires viral missles at Europe and rishi boi puts us into lockdown. Turns out the virus was just talc as the Kremlin's budget was stretched. Because of the lock down and disbanding of the football leagues norwich win the championship on GD and go to the premier League having played one game.

Called it

• Like 1