S_81

Aarons to Saints

I'm not fussed where he goes. Once someone checks out, it's over. They move on, so do we. 

I still think he will go to West Ham. The Southampton deal with depend on their RB moving to Newcastle first.

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

I still think he will go to West Ham. The Southampton deal with depend on their RB moving to Newcastle first.

i think West ham but why it is taking so long i have no idea they have the money he is cheap for a PL team ,

3 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I'm not fussed where he goes. Once someone checks out, it's over. They move on, so do we. 

Shame people don’t take a leaf out of that book re: Farke and Todd in particular.  And I imagine we will add Mumba to that if he starts to look ok.

15 hours ago, S_81 said:

Seems a weird move for him. And also a bit odd for us to sell to a league rival. Albeit we clearly want the cash and he wants to leave.

We wouldn't be selling as we want the cash, his days are numbered here and needs a move out for both our sake and his.  Aarons can be great on his day, but he's an habitual moaner too.  He has nothing left to achieve here and we need a squad of players for whom promotion at this club is a new experience that they're chasing.

I can not understand why he is going to one of our  competitors as we will go up this season. If he does go good luck with Southampton as their is no guarantee that they will go up.

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

And I imagine we will add Mumba to that if he starts to look ok.

Heard Cody McDonald hit some runs as a cricketeer at the weekend.  Why we got rid of him, I'll never know!  #Legend

14 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s odd - no one thinks Max (or Rashica) will be playing for us this season, he’s not kicked a ball in our pre-season games, and yet there’s been no particularly cast-iron links elsewhere.  [One odd element is that when Godfrey moved on (as, if memory serves, we all expected him to) he played several games for us that August.]

I suppose the PL starting in a fortnight maybe gives a bit of leeway if he’s headed there.  I can’t really see him going to a Championship side - if he wanted to play Champs football he could stay with us, run his contract down, leave on a free (or for minimal transfer, given his age) and pocket a big signing on fee.

It has been odd. It could be explained away initially due to his u21 duties but we went out and signed a player who is obvious supposed to be his replacement, have made no suggestion about trying to extend his contract and have basically told the world 'come and get him.'

It is one of those situations where we might have a price in mind but we didn't have loads of leverage coming into the season and we've kind of undermined the small amount we did have by basically saying 'he's available, come get him.' So if you're a Premier League team who wants a right back but it isn't a hugely urgent need you know you can likely wait.

48 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Indeed...seem like Saints want a fee well beyond 20 mill for ex Chelsea  guy Livramento as there was a big sell on fee involved to Chelsea,  so whether an agreement  can be reached with Newcastle who knows...lots of ifs and buts there and its all got to fall into place for Saints to buy  Max as replacement.

Heck, unless either City are desperate enough to shift Max and Milot for cash strap purposes or a concrete bid comes in for either i wont be surprised to see them both here still come end of August..then there are the question marks over Omo and Krul to..but the longer of course that potential outs are still here the shorter  time it gives City to find replacements...Tempus Fugit.

Understandable move seems unlikely, no real interest in Max.  Not surprising given that the RB is strictly limited at defending and little attacking prowess and above all is height challenged which affects his usefulness.  Can see him being still ay NCFC next season and of limited utility.

13 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So Wagner said we did not need to sell, so selling him to a rival would be dumb... or maybe we do have to sell. Either way, stupid move for him and us.

Really makes no sence for Max or us either way. Just wish him well but overseas of premier league NOT Championship

People need to remember he’s out of contract next year and 23 so to get the best fee we need to sell now, the days of getting over £10 million are long gone in my opinion, we’ll get the usual undisclosed fee but no doubt a lot under the true value and with add ons. If he goes I can see Southampton being a realistic option, if they have the cash and want him then fine!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

Incidentally, @Yobocop seemed completely convinced he was off to Roma. I'm assuming that isn't the case now or it would have gone through already.

As I understand it Roma is off and there are two champ (recently relegated) And three prem clubs interested in him, and Webber is holding out for his asking price, that’s as much as I’ve heard 

my source was adamant it was Roma but guess these things change - sorry for second edit but he hasn’t actually said Roma is off but guess this due to the other clubs being mentioned (if only in league status) 

Edited by Yobocop
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

People need to remember he’s out of contract next year and 23 so to get the best fee we need to sell now, the days of getting over £10 million are long gone in my opinion, we’ll get the usual undisclosed fee but no doubt a lot under the true value and with add ons. If he goes I can see Southampton being a realistic option, if they have the cash and want him then fine!

Just two summers ago, Webber was boasting about how it would take £30M + to secure Air Ron's signature! WTF has happened to arrive at present situation? Indeed it seems faintly ridiculous now to look back at the list of 'suitors' wanting to buy him. Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Man Utd and now Fulham, West Ham. That's just English clubs of course. Then Roma, Barcelona and Rb Leiozig from the continent were also bandied around. How all this will end up is anyone's guess. If it is Southampton then it's a hell of a fall from grace for the boy 'for sure'. Ditto Leeds.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

It has been odd. It could be explained away initially due to his u21 duties but we went out and signed a player who is obvious supposed to be his replacement, have made no suggestion about trying to extend his contract and have basically told the world 'come and get him.'

It is one of those situations where we might have a price in mind but we didn't have loads of leverage coming into the season and we've kind of undermined the small amount we did have by basically saying 'he's available, come get him.' So if you're a Premier League team who wants a right back but it isn't a hugely urgent need you know you can likely wait.

It is odd and I worry no one will make an offer at all and we'll be left with Max still here having had no preseason and with Stacey established in the team

We're a bit stuck then as he's out of contract next year anyway

Hopefully it just means they are super confident of a sale

52 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Just two summers ago, Webber was boasting about how it would take £30M + to secure Air Ron's signature! WTF has happened to arrive at present situation?

£30m+ was a hands off gesture, and clubs kept their hands off, that's what happened.

all seems a bit odd with Rashica ,Andy o and Aarons now Krul ,

i Do not remember a time when we have been so open about " expected to leave " coming from the club ,

it used to be they will only leave when we get a bid we can not turn down we do not need to sell anyone ,

more hardline to get a better deal not so open we want to sell etc 

Webber even told us about a couple of them a few months ago ,

so in the football world i imagine clubs knew with agents talking 4/6 months ago these players were available to transfer ,

yet still not one sold ,

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Just two summers ago, Webber was boasting about how it would take £30M + to secure Air Ron's signature! WTF has happened to arrive at present situation? Indeed it seems faintly ridiculous now to look back at the list of 'suitors' wanting to buy him. Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Man Utd and now Fulham, West Ham. That's just English clubs of course. Then Roma, Barcelona and Rb Leiozig from the continent were also bandied around. How all this will end up is anyone's guess. If it is Southampton then it's a hell of a fall from grace for the boy 'for sure'. Ditto Leeds.

What's happened is we didn't sell him at the height of his time with us (which had we done so would have been criticised as unambitious) but he's now at a stage where he's only got a year on his contract so he's worth significantly less. Which is another aspect I said would be criticised had we done the same with Emi on my Sheff Utd thread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

What's happened is we didn't sell him at the height of his time with us (which had we done so would have been criticised as unambitious) but he's now at a stage where he's only got a year on his contract so he's worth significantly less. Which is another aspect I said would be criticised had we done the same with Emi on my Sheff Utd thread.

You are right, the model was to sell at the peak and then reinvest wisely, we did that with Buendia, but invested the money so poorly. We held onto both Max and Cantwell to the detriment of the coffers. All ways round the self funding model disappoints when you sell your best players and totally disappoints when you reinvest badly ( Rachita, Tzolis). We are where we are.

• Like 1

The only way Max joins Leeds or Southampton is if we effectively block a move to an EPL club by asking for too much money and Max throws his toys out the pram and refuses to play. He's unlikely to do that but that means he leaves on a free next year.

Hopefully we can do a deal with an EPL club.

PS I'm not convinced we've nailed down cover for the RB position, yet.

46 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

You are right, the model was to sell at the peak and then reinvest wisely, we did that with Buendia, but invested the money so poorly. We held onto both Max and Cantwell to the detriment of the coffers. All ways round the self funding model disappoints when you sell your best players and totally disappoints when you reinvest badly ( Rachita, Tzolis). We are where we are.

Maybe add Omo into that, if the reports by Webber that a £20m+ offer was turned down in Jan, and 7 months on we get an offer for 7.5m euro's, which equates to £6.4m. Let's hope it ca  be pushed upto around £10m with add ons and we're probably talking about the right value.

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

We wouldn't be selling as we want the cash, his days are numbered here and needs a move out for both our sake and his.  Aarons can be great on his day, but he's an habitual moaner too.  He has nothing left to achieve here and we need a squad of players for whom promotion at this club is a new experience that they're chasing.

He wants a move. Frankly we owe him that. But if he didn’t want a move then I think we’d sell anyway. We don’t have many saleable assets left after Webber’s recent history 

13 minutes ago, S_81 said:

But if he didn’t want a move then I think we’d sell anyway. We don’t have many saleable assets left after Webber’s recent history 

If he wasn't worn out and lacking motivation from the yo-yo'ing experienced here there's no way we'd get rid.  Players like Tzolis, Rashica etc. would go way before he would. 

Aarons is the golden child at this club, plus we're not in the position of needing to sell, unless it's to invest in new players.

And we have plenty of saleable assets at this club, but those we want to hold are not going out on the cheap, it's as simple as that - what do you want, a firesale for no reason?

The big question for me is if we don’t get a decent offer will Max sign a new contract out of loyalty or just walk out?

23 minutes ago, rock bus said:

The big question for me is if we don’t get a decent offer will Max sign a new contract out of loyalty or just walk out?

Max after signing an extension:

ConsciousBronzeHoiho-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

If he wasn't worn out and lacking motivation from the yo-yo'ing experienced here there's no way we'd get rid.  Players like Tzolis, Rashica etc. would go way before he would. 

Aarons is the golden child at this club, plus we're not in the position of needing to sell, unless it's to invest in new players.

And we have plenty of saleable assets at this club, but those we want to hold are not going out on the cheap, it's as simple as that - what do you want, a firesale for no reason?

No, I don’t want a fire sale. We have a very average squad and need to keep the limited talent we have, wherever possible. 
I’d be more than happy for Max to stay. If the only realistic offer is from Southampton then frankly I think he should stay. 

• Like 1

Bit weird that Aarons move seemingly depends on Toni Livermento moving on from Southampton for a very large fee given Max is available for as low as 5 million.

Given that Toni only has 30 odd career to Max 250 appearances has suffered an ACL injury compared to Max blemish free injury record.  

Max also consistent keep Livermento out of the England u-21s when both were fit. Plus Livermento is only a year younger than Max.