Besthorpe-48

Christian Fassnacht

Stats look great, but his recent injury record doesn't.  He seemed to be out with concussion for a while, and ligament issues.  

I don't know if they're more over cautious in the Swiss leagues maybe?  Perhaps a month for concussions?

i.e.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-fassnacht/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/250490/saison/2021/wettbewerb/C1/verein/452

Think that was the season Wagner was coach too, so maybe he's a player he felt he missed in that job, and would like to have here?

Edited by Google Bot

He is two footed, which is two more than Idah

If he is playing down the right, then it might add further to the reasons Mumba was sold. The age suggests Wagner is putting together more of a one season hit squad, to get us up, and worry about the squad if we get into the PL. You don't play for your country either without a fair bit of ability. Welcome to Norwich (whatever that is in the Swiss language).

Edited by RobJames

3 hours ago, RobJames said:

If he is playing down the right, then it might add further to the reasons Mumba was sold. The age suggests Wagner is putting together more of a one season hit squad, to get us up, and worry about the squad if we get into the PL. You don't play for your country either without a fair bit of ability. Welcome to Norwich (whatever that is in the Swiss language).

Whilst I agree with the bit in bold, considering the flak Tzolis, Idah and Placheta all get on here, I do wonder how many forget that!

3 hours ago, RobJames said:

**** me the constant beat down on Idah is so ****ing tenuous and ridiculous. Every. ****ing. Time. Let's try getting through a SINGLE ****ING TOPIC WITHOUT SLATING OUR OWN PLAYERS shall we? 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, RobJames said:

Given his age, you will get a good 2/3 seasons out of him. There’s only Barnes that is of a football retirement age 

I'm more up with this than any of the others mentioned so far, but I am wondering why Wagner, who had known the player before, only now has him on the radar whilst other names have been mooted and seemingly come to nothing, except for Sainz.

Of course there could be valid reasons. These days transfers seem to be rather more drawn out and complicated than ever before, so this interest could well have been bubbling under for some time.

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Stats look great, but his recent injury record doesn't.  He seemed to be out with concussion for a while, and ligament issues.  

I don't know if they're more over cautious in the Swiss leagues maybe?  Perhaps a month for concussions?

i.e.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-fassnacht/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/250490/saison/2021/wettbewerb/C1/verein/452

Think that was the season Wagner was coach too, so maybe he's a player he felt he missed in that job, and would like to have here?

Injury issues? Of course. Welcome to Norwich!

• Haha 1

On the face of it appears a lot of experience and quality for the price we are likely to pay.

But, am I reading this correctly, has he really not played since May 22?

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

**** me the constant beat down on Idah is so ****ing tenuous and ridiculous. Every. ****ing. Time. Let's try getting through a SINGLE ****ING TOPIC WITHOUT SLATING OUR OWN PLAYERS shall we? 

Well said 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'm more up with this than any of the others mentioned so far, but I am wondering why Wagner, who had known the player before, only now has him on the radar whilst other names have been mooted and seemingly come to nothing, except for Sainz.

Of course there could be valid reasons. These days transfers seem to be rather more drawn out and complicated than ever before, so this interest could well have been bubbling under for some time.

I believe he got married last month, which may explain why this hasn't been done sooner.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

On the face of it appears a lot of experience and quality for the price we are likely to pay.

No, you aren’t.  To prove some weird point, CC has deliberately left the record for 21-22 showing, update it and you’ll see he played all-but 6 matches last season.   It doesn’t seem he has a bad record at all, bearing in mind he’s a winger so quite possibly at the end of some fairly robust challenges.  

Another player in his prime, no foreseeable resale value and experience in abundance, move away from the Webber philosophy of trying to make profit on players.

Hopefully he can transfer his form to the championship, we need better wingers if we’re to get the best out of Barnes & Sargent this season.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, you aren’t.  To prove some weird point, CC has deliberately left the record for 21-22 showing, update it and you’ll see he played all-but 6 matches last season.   It doesn’t seem he has a bad record at all, bearing in mind he’s a winger so quite possibly at the end of some fairly robust challenges.  

No its me - I didn't refresh the stats after changing the filter.

Bearing in mind where we are and fairly limited resources to me he looks a very decent signing.

Whilst we could probably do with one or two others I can't complain about our acquisitions so far.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

No. He played 34 times last season. He had a knee injury and missed 11 games.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

At this rate Indiana Jones will be needed to identify our next signing. 

Couldn't agree more. Surely our requirements for players are pretty simple and straightforward.

Between the ages of 19-24, never had an injury, ideally a league winner or at least experience of promotion. Strikers simply need Pukki's finishing ability (as a bare minimum), whilst defensive players should have a similar set of skills that would be expected of a modern Beckenbauer. Also, available for somewhere within our budget (e.g. free/minimal transfer fee).

I just don't understand why Webber and team haven't been able to find anybody to tick all the boxes, clearly his heart is no longer in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

These days transfers seem to be rather more drawn out and complicated than ever before, so this interest could well have been bubbling under for some time.

He's got a year left and valued at ~£2m.  I wonder if they were waiting for movement in other players (Max, Rashica etc.) to free up budget.   Hence why we let Mumba go to Plymouth, perhaps?

10 hours ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Any views? I know nothing about him.

Looks a better player than most of our current options on the wing. Decent stats and alongside Sainz should be our first starting wingers, both with better goals/assists ratios than what we have.

13 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He's got a year left and valued at ~£2m.  I wonder if they were waiting for movement in other players (Max, Rashica etc.) to free up budget.   Hence why we let Mumba go to Plymouth, perhaps?

Possibly, but Wagner keeps repeating that there is no need to sell anybody.

Know nothing about him so the only comment from me is that I would prefer us to bring in players who will play well, improve the team and help us to success (that doesn't have to be winning the leaue). Age is of no concern nowadays and if a player costs little or nothing then what is the problem? Its not always about buying and selling. 

39 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Maybe, increasingly I think Mumba had an agent make the move. Don't forget, he was on loan at South Shields the season before we bought him off Sunderland. He's had a good season in a position within a set-up we don't play at all and basically ran the risk of being a more attacking version of Lungi in being a gap-filler across our attacking positions or even the odd full-back moment (where he was weaker).

Gap-filler here, or nailed-on starter there. We've still got Sainz to come back from injury and this chap's probably been on the radar too.

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Maybe, increasingly I think Mumba had an agent make the move. 

Absolutely in my view as there is history, although it is backed up by the club saying on their site this morning it was also tactical. As others have speculated this may well have been in train for quite a while. Just hope he turns out better than Drmic!!!  

I was Young boys on a fifa tournament a few years back so I have heard of him for that reason only 

8 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I was Young boys on a fifa tournament a few years back so I have heard of him for that reason only 

I was waiting for you to say you were a Young Boys fan....