Yellow Green Army

Could Rashica be our saviour

We are seriously lacking creativity in the final third as was proven at the end of last season and early stages of preseason.

Could Rashica be the player to change that. If he doesn’t get a move this summer and he comes back with the right attitude and a point to prove he could be dynamite at Championship. Add in two strong players up top in Sargent and Barnes it could be a perfect setup.

He’s not going to play for us this season, think that’s pretty clear. Just a case of when not if he goes. 

2 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

We are seriously lacking creativity in the final third as was proven at the end of last season and early stages of preseason.

Could Rashica be the player to change that. If he doesn’t get a move this summer and he comes back with the right attitude and a point to prove he could be dynamite at Championship. Add in two strong players up top in Sargent and Barnes it could be a perfect setup.

There is a really, really good player in there, of that I have no doubt.

If he stays and his head is in the right place we could be in for a good season. Unfortunately, I feel he will be elsewhere at some point

• Like 1

No. Even when he had decent players around him he couldn't (or wouldn't) pick them out. He's not the answer, and never has been. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

If, if, he could............plenty of prepositions. I am not sure what Sgt or Barnes are on top of but we definitely need another forward. If only there was a way of raising a few million. To bring in a top scorer from the lower leagues. You know, one who wants to be here.

Nope.

Good enough if motivated, wanted and wants yo be here.   But it seems he isn't, so no

Everyone is worried about a lack of creativity but which creative players have we actually lost?? In my opinion it is only Dowell who rarely turned up.

We scored enough goals last season the issue was conceding ridiculous goals from individual mistakes.

• Like 1

Really hope so, he's already ours and will be returning from his holidays soon so needs to be training.  I just hope that Wagner can do what Smith didn't and that's to motivate him to play for this club.  We pay all these coaches to do that job, and if they can't get him on side then it doesn't matter how great our academy setup and facilities are, we'll just keep on failing to progress.

Personally, I think it's more likely that the club want rid due to wages and potential of scoring a few million on the bank, than actually having him back here to make us better.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Everyone is worried about a lack of creativity but which creative players have we actually lost?? In my opinion it is only Dowell who rarely turned up.

We scored enough goals last season the issue was conceding ridiculous goals from individual mistakes.

What about Pukki?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

What about Pukki?

I would argue he scores the goals rather creates them although he did get a lot of assists last year.  It was the defense that did for us last season we scored the same number of goals as Luton but conceded at least 20 more.

28 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Exactly!  We've lacked creativity for past 2 seasons, lost Buendia, Cantwell & Vrancic.

Players like Ramsey, Rashica and Normann came in and looked good,  All gone now, at least Rashica seemingly gone too.

We've now lost Dowell and Pukki this past season.

It's only Sainz coming in, with all those going out over the past 2 years.  Sara being the positive from last season.

I see too many runners and workers coming in to creative positions and it's concerning.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

We’ve been spoiled over the past twelve years, Wes, Pritchard, Maddison, Cantwell & Buendia, now we have no one in that ten shirt! It’s a tough position and I can see that Wagner realises this and is going with wide players and two strikers, Barnes dropping into that 10 role when needed.

18 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I would argue he scores the goals rather creates them although he did get a lot of assists last year.  It was the defense that did for us last season we scored the same number of goals as Luton but conceded at least 20 more.

He had a few assists last season and these goals we scored plenty of, quite a few were by him

16 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Also he is at the moment top in assists in on going Euro qualifiers, so his creativity is sure to be missed in addition to goals. However, longer the last season went there was others to step up as well. Would not mind getting someone on wing who could also find target bit better.

2 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

He was a player that I had real hopes for when we signed him but he's utterly dreadful. He's incapable of doing anything that a forward should do. I remember taking a West Ham fan to the Bournemouth cup game and he thought he was a trialist. Maybe the intensity of the British game is too much for him, because his stats are decent abroad but, for what we paid he has to rank as the most disappointing signing I've seen in quite some time. It's a no from me, he's best in The Eredvisie or Turkey 

• Like 1

If Rashica was truly part of our plans, surely he’d have been seen by now? Turkish league finished at the start of June and he didn’t even make it off the bench on the last day. 

Furthermore, Sainz appears to have taken Rashica’s squad number to the treatment room and Nunez has his previous number. 

Add to that the fact he couldn’t get himself out on loan quickly enough and it all points to him being elsewhere this coming season. I just hope we recoup some decent spondoolies for him, and soon. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

If you cast your mind back to when we were actually good... 

Our goals came from Pukki, Buendia, Cantwell, Vrancic, Dowell and McLean. Only one of them is still here. In each of those positions we now have lower ability.

I don't really think we did score enough last season. The brief period where we looked a serious attacking threat was when Dowell and Pukki hit a patch of form. Now we look toothless. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

If you cast your mind back to when we were actually good... 

Our goals came from Pukki, Buendia, Cantwell, Vrancic, Dowell and McLean. Only one of them is still here. In each of those positions we now have lower ability.

I don't really think we did score enough last season. The brief period where we looked a serious attacking threat was when Dowell and Pukki hit a patch of form. Now we look toothless. 

Petriix… come on man! Things aren’t this bad! Have you seen the new home shirt?! I think it’s sexy, I might die on that hill but fk it, let it be! Not all is lost - I’m 38 they might call be up to play CB and I tell you what, I love an interview and I’ve got charisma that would charm the socks off any Daily Mail rep.. though in the Champ it’ll be more like The Daily Star…

He's a good player. Has the quality to win games at this level. And is probably our best winger.

But he doesn't want to be here. He will be a waste of space if he stays  because he won't care

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Petriix… come on man! Things aren’t this bad! Have you seen the new home shirt?! I think it’s sexy, I might die on that hill but fk it, let it be! Not all is lost - I’m 38 they might call be up to play CB and I tell you what, I love an interview and I’ve got charisma that would charm the socks off any Daily Mail rep.. though in the Champ it’ll be more like The Daily Star…

Sounds like you're Onel Hernandez PR Man, grab a henna tattoo of the Norwich Badge, run a bit, look charming and take some moolah! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

He's a good player. Has the quality to win games at this level. And is probably our best winger.

But he doesn't want to be here. He will be a waste of space if he stays  because he won't care

There's better wingers at this level, and there's clubs that would pay for that. But he isn't ant therefore fore that's why he's not here. Turkish football is a decent gravy train

No thanks. Above average player if he’s up for it but very poor mentality and will never make it in the prem with any team. 

No

I think he has “something”, he offered flashes of pace and intent and you might have thought “ok, now he’ll kick on” but the truth is, in my opinion, we were a decent payday, he had no fight for a relegation battle and believed he was WAAAAY better than his performances demonstrated. Too often a passenger to the point that you could forget he was playing.

Of course, if we manage to flog him, get a decent price and then bring in someone that helps get us competitive/promoted, perhaps THEN we could regard him as something of a saviour. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, mrdi said:

If Rashica was truly part of our plans, surely he’d have been seen by now? Turkish league finished at the start of June and he didn’t even make it off the bench on the last day. 

Connor and Paddy discussed Rashica before kickoff, and said that he's still on holiday. (timestamped above)

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

No. Even when he had decent players around him he couldn't (or wouldn't) pick them out. He's not the answer, and never has been. 

He’s never had decent players around him…. In the EPL, we couldn’t get out of our own half to get people around him or for him to pick out.…. After that he knew he’d been sold a dud and eventually downed tools.   It’s a team game.   That’s the truth of it.    

The clubs recruitment ballsed up, not these players we signed.   

• Like 2

He didn't pull up any trees, but Rashica was actually one of our best attacking threats in that disastrous prem season. The team around him was terrible. If the management had decided to strengthen the team (e.g not selling/losing our two best players), we might have got a better sense of what he was capable of. By all accounts he seems to be a success at Galatasaray (to the point that they named him their top priority transfer target). 

Would love to see him back. He's under contract so ultimately we can play hard ball if Galatasaray aren't prepared to pay the asking price (which seems to be the case).