12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Heres hoping we get a more back to basics home kit next season. That edit shows it can be done well, and is really quite simple

The problem is you essentially end up with fans buying the exact same shirt each season and that becomes a complaint in itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

As a man of a certain age , relatives often struggle for Birthday/ Xmas presents for me, I have made it crystal clear over the years that I do not wish to  add to my NCFC  souvenir collection with one of those  Horrendous Creations. Quite proud of my Canary Gnome though.   

You have a gnome. I want one! 

Last year was an A+ this year really is a F. For me the home kit is horrible and with long sleeve it looks even worse. The away shirt has the weird box collar. It makes the shirt look squared off at the shoulder. At least it's saved me some money this year. I brought both last season. 

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You have a gnome. I want one! 

IMG_20230714_131644.thumb.jpg.ef10d18c7ef5a8bbbf4a1e581d36215d.jpg

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Mr  Tilson, I concur . At the risk of sounding like you know who , these             ' shirts ' are  the prime example of taking the pi55 in pricing. They cost virtually Zero to produce. They are not comfortable for casual wear. They are, in short , overpriced garbage and more fool anyone who buys one.  It's basically  a donation to the Club for which they give you a poxy rag that costs  around a fiver to make....tops....I'd rather have a decent key ring, Tea Mug and Pack of Cards set. 

As a man of a certain age , relatives often struggle for Birthday/ Xmas presents for me, I have made it crystal clear over the years that I do not wish to  add to my NCFC  souvenir collection with one of those  Horrendous Creations. Quite proud of my Canary Gnome though.   

I like the way you’ve incorporated the price into the sweary 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does he look like he likes the kit?

F0-Em7h-WYAIPUc-G.jpg

Looks like Sara has gone to church to pray that he doesn't have to wear it very often.

• Haha 3

Really can’t work out if I love it or hate it!

weird how colours so different in different pictures, how bright actually is the yellow?

like the release video though, chant of yellows always gets me going!

2 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

It's yellow, it's green, it's polyester, it's overpriced and it's only going to be here for a year...same as last year, same as next year. 😁

It looks ok, looking forward to some 3rd kit freakiness. 😵

Apples

To be absolutely correct Apples, it’s recycled  polyester. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I like the way you’ve incorporated the price into the sweary 

I like the way you noticed my unintended  cleverness. I must be some kind of undiscovered genius. 

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looks like Sara has gone to church to pray that he doesn't have to wear it very often.

St Andrews Hall ? He got the memo a bit late. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

The design is truly awful this year. And issuing images with such colour variance seems an equally poor decision. 

2 hours ago, komakino said:

The brand will charge NCFC the wholesale price and are not responsible for what the selling price is, though there will be a typical mark up. 

Given that the retail for the mens is £55.00, the price NCFC will buy them for will be circa £22 + VAT (£26.40), so they are roughly doubling up after VAT. However, you have to factor in when they will be heavily discounted late in season. 

The fact that they are cheap to make is neither here nor there, as NCFC cannot do anything about the price charged to them. 

Personally replica tops are not nice things to wear and I wouldn't wear one as a gift. 

So why do nearly all the clubs charge the same price? Nobody wants to break the cartel?

And discounting the shirts is only because they are overpriced anyway. Fair enough if its an outstanding shirt design but just recently we are back to patterns. Although I do like this year's design, I don't like the material.

Probably a silly question but is there anywhere I can still purchase last seasons home shirt? I managed to miss the end of season clear out.

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Probably a silly question but is there anywhere I can still purchase last seasons home shirt? I managed to miss the end of season clear out.

I think the club has an eBay shop which sells old kit

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Heres hoping we get a more back to basics home kit next season. That edit shows it can be done well, and is really quite simple

Can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure there was someone from Joma quoted saying that they kind of alternate between a simple, classic shirt one season, then a more 'out-there' shirt the next. Kind of makes sense when you think about the last few seasons' kits.

Agree with those who say it looks better in the muted colours of the launch video/photos. Personally I prefer a classic kit (and hate the recent tendency to have a new shirt every season), but if they are going to change it every year it seems to make sense to be imaginative about it.

• Thanks 1

I quite like it. Think if the Lotus logo had one stripe above and one stripe below it’d be a stone cold classic, but as it is it’s ok. The one last season looked great in promo but in the flesh the yellow was a bit meh. I don’t really care tbh. I’d still like o try and get the Ruby one from last year just as it’s so different 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So why do nearly all the clubs charge the same price? Nobody wants to break the cartel?

And discounting the shirts is only because they are overpriced anyway. Fair enough if its an outstanding shirt design but just recently we are back to patterns. Although I do like this year's design, I don't like the material.

It is because the various kit manufactures charge similar prices to the clubs, therefore pro rata we end up with the price of £55.00

The material of kits is never that great, but £55.00 in the overall scheme of things isn't a lot of money. Obviously if the fans stop buying them because of price, the only alternative would be for the club to make an inferior (cheaper) product to the usual ones at a price the public is prepared to pay. Conversely, if the quality was better, the public would have to pay more. 

I'd personally rather buy a yellow Lacoste at £95, which is far nicer to wear and doesn't change every season. 

My own view is that the club should only have two kits which are changed every 2 or 3 years, but are better quality at say £65. At least the fans that always buy the latest kits regardless would be better off as they would not have to change them so often. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, komakino said:

My own view is that the club should only have two kits which are changed every 2 or 3 years, but are better quality at say £65. At least the fans that always buy the latest kits regardless would be better off as they would not have to change them so often. 

The economics of that in comparison to what they currently do just wouldn't work.  Say you get 100 people who buy the kit today @ £55.  Perhaps if you go for a 2 year kit @ £65, 150 people buy today.  You'd still see the same tailing off in sales over the year, but it would be a longer, slower, painful death towards month 24 in the second scenario. 

What they currently do guarantees (unless something out of the ordinary happens) that you get a nice hit of revenue every July.

29 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Personally I prefer a classic kit (and hate the recent tendency to have a new shirt every season), but if they are going to change it every year it seems to make sense to be imaginative about it.

Exactly this. Can you imagine the uproar if we kept churning out the same yellow plain kits we did (in those formative Errea years) as @hogesar points out? Club can’t win sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

Exactly this. Can you imagine the uproar if we kept churning out the same yellow plain kits we did (in those formative Errea years) as @hogesar points out? Club can’t win sometimes. 

I always like the home kit to be classic,  away to be crazy, and third to be something you can wear more casual with jeans etc. Last year nailed it with the home kit. This year it looks like kids pajamas. 

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

The economics of that in comparison to what they currently do just wouldn't work.  Say you get 100 people who buy the kit today @ £55.  Perhaps if you go for a 2 year kit @ £65, 150 people buy today.  You'd still see the same tailing off in sales over the year, but it would be a longer, slower, painful death towards month 24 in the second scenario. 

What they currently do guarantees (unless something out of the ordinary happens) that you get a nice hit of revenue every July.

You would alternate the home and away kits, so there would be demand every year albeit with one design. Even then, on principal, having three new kits every year is just plain ridiculous but I grew up in the '70's where brands such as Admiral stayed the same for several seasons and nobody complained. 

Just now, komakino said:

You would alternate the home and away kits, so there would be demand every year albeit with one design. Even then, on principal, having three new kits every year is just plain ridiculous but I grew up in the '70's where brands such as Admiral stayed the same for several seasons and nobody complained. 

I like the principle but there is just no chance the club would throw away revenue like that when you can release 3 kits every season, and you can almost guarantee the same people will buy them.

How about rotating main sponsors every two years, but at variance to the shirt cycle! Get one with Lotus, then next season with BK8 or whatever ... I'm sure plenty of people would buy both! 😉 

1 minute ago, Unhinged Canary said:

It's literally going to be the worst season ever.

Crap squad

Crap Manager

Crap Owners

Crap DOF

and now Crap Kits.

Hit at parties??

"I think the new shirt's brilliant"..."The whole season is going to be brilliant"..."In fact, everything about the club is BRILLIANT!"...

'Int Milk Brilliant! brilliant WhiteHouse FAST Comedy, Harry Enfield, Simon pegg, Sketch Show, world milk day, Tinsel Curtain, Charlie Higson, Johnny Depp, Arabella Weir, John Thomson, Caroline Aherne, Simon Day, Mark Williams, Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Dave Gorman, Craig Cash, Shooting Stars, Little Britain, Father Ted, Paul Shearer, Bill Bailey, Rik Mayall, Kathy Burke, Ben Elton, Dick Emery, Stewart Lee, Lee Evans, Royle Family, Jimmy Carr, Ricky Gervais, Billy Connolly, Catherine Tate, James Cordon GIF