Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop's Big Question: Who is the Most Obscure Norwich City

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Henrik Mortensen
so excited we had signed a young foreign player and was impressive at Denmark international youth levels 

Saw him score a cracker in his first reserves match at the Barclay end 😀

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sam Vokes.

Yes, you forget that he played for us until I mentioned him. All I think of when I think of his is Burnley.. 

I hadn’t but thank you for your contribution. 

This is going back a bit. Viv Busby scored 11 goals in 22 games in the old Division One, which is a pretty good rate. Something seemed to happened behind closed doors because he played five times the next season, without scoring, and was sold to Stoke City.

Great silly season thread, by the way.🤩

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

This is going back a bit. Viv Busby scored 11 goals in 22 games in the old Division One, which is a pretty good rate. Something seemed to happened behind closed doors because he played five times the next season, without scoring, and was sold to Stoke City.

Great silly season thread, by the way.🤩

There will be more to come in the forthcoming weeks 

Stay Tuned 

Cody McDonald

Signed from God knows where, think he scored on his debut (may have got that wrong), finished one game in goal then slowly disappeared from view

Anyone remember Omar Koroma? That 2008/09 season was a real rum'un for so many reasons.

The footballer/skat singer Papa Booba Doop, or something like that. 

Also never forget Elvis Hammond 

the roar of the crowd singing "Elvis is Back " was Fantastic signed with Hucks and a handy Tall bloke 

Darren Beckford.

21 March 1992 vs Everton. This was my first game at Carrow Road and ended in a 4-3 City win!

Beckford smashed in a hatrick & the guy was my hero…until he did very little after that.

I have looked him up and he played at lot more games for City than I thought, so I guess not that obscure. He did only manage another 5 league goals in his stay here..and rapidly declined to obscurity after leaving.

I guess my second entry would be my namesake, big Zeema 

A few names immediately come to mind:

Kei Kamara

Marc Libra

Henri Lansbury

Leroy Lita

Elvis Hammond

The winner for me by a mile is Dani Pacheco 😂, a short-lived stint at Norwich, only six apperances yet most can probably remember his contributions in the conclusion of the 2010/11 promotion season.

Edited by TheRock

2 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Kei Kamara

Marc Libra

Henri Lansbury

Leroy Lita

Elvis Hammond

The winner for me by a mile is Dani Pacheco 😂, a short-lived stint at Norwich, only six apperances yet most can probably remember his contributions in the conclusion of the 2010/11 promotion season.

And his goal against, and part of, 1p5wich.

4 hours ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Phil Lythgoe. John Bond said he was a Rolls Royce of a player minus the odd vital part. Went from on England B stand by to playing in local amateur football in the blink of an eye. Terrible waste.

Had a season in Hong Kong done ok and now Still working for the club

33 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Darren Beckford.

21 March 1992 vs Everton. This was my first game at Carrow Road and ended in a 4-3 City win!

Beckford smashed in a hatrick & the guy was my hero…until he did very little after that.

I have looked him up and he played at lot more games for City than I thought, so I guess not that obscure. He did only manage another 5 league goals in his stay here..and rapidly declined to obscurity after leaving.

I guess my second entry would be my namesake, big Zeema 

Just checked Zemas career, 12 league goals in all, 7 for us in 59 games. Time for a name change?

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Also never forget Elvis Hammond 

the roar of the crowd singing "Elvis is Back " was Fantastic signed with Hucks and a handy Tall bloke 

Wasn’t it Harper we had a on loan the same time as Hucks and Crouch

• Like 2

Drazan Muzinic, record signing at the time. I think there were questions as to whether he was really a professional footballer, though it was tactfully said that he struggled to communicate with teammates and the management team.

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Jonás Gutiérrez

That's a good one I always forget that he played for us for like half(?) a season.

To add on i'll say Ched Evans was decent for us and also thought David Fox had a good run but rarely see him mentioned on here.

Edited by robertociNCFC

Oli Johnson. Goodness knows why we bought him but he did entertain against a couple of clubs.

Bakero was probably one of the best players historically who ever played for us.

Edited by keelansgrandad

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

Wasn’t it Harper we had a on loan the same time as Hucks and Crouch

yes you are right ! when was Elvis then ?

1 hour ago, TheRock said:

Kei Kamara

Marc Libra

Henri Lansbury

Leroy Lita

Elvis Hammond

I also considered Pacheco, and Kamara is a great shout as a short-lived cult hero.