TheBaldOne66

Absolutely ridiculous!

So many fans saying they hope Farke does well! Why? He’s at a club we hate, I personally hope he’s a failure as I detest Leeds! I also hope Martin fails at Southampton and Neil at Stoke but people have wished them success at their clubs! When they finish higher than us will you all still be happy ffs?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It's interesting to see diverse opinions and perspectives in football. While fans may have different allegiances and rivalries, it's important to acknowledge the achievements and efforts of individuals within the sport. I appreciate your passion for your club and hope to see more of your contributions in the future. OTBC!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Likewise, I detest Leeds United and hope they get relegated no matter who is in charge, but I feel let down by Farke, joining a side who was our biggest rivals and competitors during his time here.

Don't feel the same frustration towards Russell or Neil. I don't be begrudge Russell growing in the game and ultimately Neil is just trying to do what he did with us after we've sacked him.

17 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Likewise, I detest Leeds United and hope they get relegated no matter who is in charge, but I feel let down by Farke, joining a side who was our biggest rivals and competitors during his time here.

Don't feel the same frustration towards Russell or Neil. I don't be begrudge Russell growing in the game and ultimately Neil is just trying to do what he did with us after we've sacked him.

Hes no longer employed by us and therefore ows us no loyalty. Hell, given he was sacked by us wouldn't be surprised if he wants and is hoping to thrash us

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Let us down ?  We sacked him, dont think he owes us anything

• Like 3

He was sacked. Owes us nothing. Plus it was, to him, just a job, a means of earning his living, one of many steps he has taken in his career with, no doubt, plenty more to come after Leeds, whatever happens there.

With very few exceptions, managers and players are not going to have the connection with a club we have as fans. Yet its sometimes expected of them. But, again, for them, it's just a job.

As for Leeds. Don't 'hate' them myself. Its only football and they're only another football club, one that needn't bother us or occupy our thoughts at all other than for 90 minutes on two occasions next season. 

• Like 3

No, what's ridiculous is people demanding that their petty playground tribalism is more important than normal human compassion. Some of us take a bit more of a balanced view of the world.

I've enjoyed our past rivalry with Leeds and, while I don't like the arrogance of some of their fans, I hope Farke can impact the culture of their club. That's the thing I love about Daniel: he's pretty honest and humble. 

Ultimately it's better if teams can be successful by playing good football rather than just spending money. You either want managers like Farke and Martin to succeed, or you accept that the only path to winning is with the backing of billionaires. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I want Farke to do well. What concerns me is that the way he is talked about suggests that in the eyes of some it's almost like he has become bigger than the club.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hate Leeds but ultimately Farke was treated very poorly in the manner he was sacked, embarrassingly so. He hasn't gone to Leeds just to **** us off although it remains to be seen who was the instigator of his appointment.

On a personal level I hope He does well, likewise Martin at Southampton. 

We just need to look after ourselves and get our own house in order.

What about Daniel's mural on the sidewall of the Fat Cat an' Canary pub eh? eh? eh? eh? eh?....

It really needs sortin' regardin' its future......NOW!......

Well...at least before we play doirty Leedz here at Carra....

I wish farke well, as I do Neil etc,  all based up my appreciation of what they brought to the club while here.

just less success, no wins against us and a lower league finish.

As petroflix says this immature tribalism, which is a societal blight.

• Like 2

I don’t really care that much about either Leeds or Farke.  I still firmly think it was a time:place thing here, sometimes things ‘fit’.  I suppose it’ll be interesting to see how things go but Leeds were always likely to be promotion favourites so it’ll be hard to tell what’s down to him and what isn’t.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's perhaps worth remembering that Farke didn't leave our club by choice. 

Indeed Dylan. 

And the fans who moan now yet wanted him sacked back then obviously have unreliable memories.

Farke would have got the Smith treatment if he'd stayed. 

• Like 2

I don’t care about Leeds or Southampton, but if Daniel & Russ do well then good on them. 

I just hope we beat both teams when we play them, that’s literally all that matters. 

1 hour ago, Old Shuck said:

it was, to him, just a job, a means of earning his living, one of many steps he has taken in his career with, no doubt, plenty more to come after Leeds, whatever happens there.

With very few exceptions, managers and players are not going to have the connection with a club we have as fans. Yet its sometimes expected of them. But, again, for them, it's just a job.

I'm pretty sure Farke made a big connection with our club. His whole demeanour and attitude was one of respect, admiration and love for the club and the area and it is quite possible he won't find that again in his career. He'll be professional and respectful and probably successful in other jobs, but he came across as someone who bought in to us and I don't think he'll get that at Leeds, in fact I'm sure he won't. He might get big success - I hope he does - but it isn't a family club, it isn't Norfolk, which is still one of the best places in the country to live and there is a larger element of lowlife in their fanbase than ours. 

He has a huge, maybe impossible, job there - he has to get the fans to buy into him and be patient, he has to deal with what egos will be there and he has to instill that sense of togetherness that he tried to with us. It will be interesting to see how he gets on......

• Like 2

Ridiculous for people to say they feel let down by Farke joining Leeds, I mean we sacked him - if we didn't want him to join another club, we should have kept him as our manager !  He could join anyone, even the scum, and we couldn't complain in the slightest (I would hate to see it happen, but I accept it's his decision and we have no right to think he shouldn't).

It's disappointing to see him there but that's life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

Let us down ?  We sacked him, dont think he owes us anything

I didn't say he'd let you down,

I said I feel let down by him.

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm pretty sure Farke made a big connection with our club. His whole demeanour and attitude was one of respect, admiration and love for the club and the area and it is quite possible he won't find that again in his career. He'll be professional and respectful and probably successful in other jobs, but he came across as someone who bought in to us and I don't think he'll get that at Leeds, in fact I'm sure he won't. He might get big success - I hope he does - but it isn't a family club, it isn't Norfolk, which is still one of the best places in the country to live and there is a larger element of lowlife in their fanbase than ours. 

He has a huge, maybe impossible, job there - he has to get the fans to buy into him and be patient, he has to deal with what egos will be there and he has to instill that sense of togetherness that he tried to with us. It will be interesting to see how he gets on......

Won't argue with any of that.

We are an 'exception' to a certain extent that the club, indeed the city itself and county as a whole is a place where people do find there is, intended or not, an emotional connection  to be made...and quite easily. Norfolk folk are, as a rule, as loyal and protective of their roots as those from, for example, Yorkshire or Cornwall are-but it feels less visceral here.

It might be that Farke works best at a club where you do find yourself at the heart of things in more ways than one and part of a wider community than you might at a 'football first and last' PLC-he seems to be that sort of chap, someone who isn't as intense or openly driven like some managers.

Mind you, for all the size and scope of Leeds, Don Revie managed to instil a sense of family/community up there, so he might well find it again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I didn't say he'd let you down,

I said I feel let down by him.

What, because he went for the Leeds job?  Having been sacked by us, he has every right to go to a rival club. If he had chosen to leave us for Leeds, that would be different, but he didn't.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What, because he went for the Leeds job?  Having been sacked by us, he has every right to go to a rival club. If he had chosen to leave us for Leeds, that would be different, but he didn't.

Oh look, here comes LDC telling me how I should feel.

Yes, if he had this real connection with the club, I've only seen him speak positively about us since leaving then he would understand that joining one of only two rivals would cause frustration.

After the way Webber sacked him following the Brenford game I don't see any problem with him joining a Championship rival. 

His CV shows he's more than capable of getting a team promoted to the Premier League (a lot more than the joker Webber replaced him with!) and at the end of the day he's a manager looking for work.

If a previous emplyer of yours fired you and you went and worked for thier competitor.....would you care if your old work colleagues complained about it? I think not.

I say good luck to him and hope he does well in the future. Will be nice to say thank you when they play at FCR as we never got the chance before.

The interesting thing will be if him joining Leeds has scuppered any chance of Webber going there if they have bad blood from before.

Edited by BigManInTheBarclay

Surely it's just a case of us getting 6 points off Leeds this season because we know the glaring weaknesses in Farke's Plan A

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Oh look, here comes LDC telling me how I should feel.

Yes, if he had this real connection with the club, I've only seen him speak positively about us since leaving then he would understand that joining one of only two rivals would cause frustration.

How was I telling you how to feel?  We did sack him - and wrongly in my view.

I wouldn't like to see Farke flop because I liked the man, but of course I wouldn't want his Leeds side to finish above City. 

Alex Neil gets my respect as well, but he seems to be able to look after himself and he has earned a decent reputation. Alex has less to be disgruntled about  Norwich City as Daniel has. Plucked from relative obscurity in the Scottish Leagues he has established himself in the more lucrative English set-up all thanks to Mad McNally.

Farke's sacking, by all accounts, was a clumsy, disgraceful and premature episode. The man was worthy of better treatment.

As for Russ? Good luck to him. A fine servant to our club, undeserving of the criticism he received from many, and I wish we'd have got him in instead of the alien Dean Smith. 

• Like 1