Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Attanasio = red herring

There has been a lot of talk of take over from Attanasios - and it gave a lot of people hope. But the interview with Zoe Webber made clear they don’t plan to invest in the team or take over any time soon. Just here for solid advice etc. In which case, whilst it’s nice to have them along for the contribution and ride, they clearly aren’t what we still actually need- which is serious investment. Where will it come from? As we seem to be back to lacking a pot to pee in and going backwards at a rate of knots 

2 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

They already have seriously invested and he will be the majority shareholder by the time the season starts. 

I hope you’re right. I’ve gone from very confident about the investment right through to utterly cynical.

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

As we seem to be back to lacking a pot to pee in and going backwards at a rate of knots 

At least that means the pee isn't hitting our shoes, always a lining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

They already have seriously invested and he will be the majority shareholder by the time the season starts. 

Seriously invested? I thought they had just purchased shares? What have they put in? 

10 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

I hope you're right but I wasn't expecting anything that quick? 

From the first interview we knew we weren't getting taken over by an oil nation with intent on taking us to the Champions League. 

Zoe Webber's comments gave me the impression that things were definitely moving and MA's involvement was far more than talking about data.

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Seriously invested? I thought they had just purchased shares? What have they put in? 

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23318435.norwich-city-football-club-confirms-shares-made-available/

I'm not an expert on this by any means but I think this was investment.

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

What have they put in? 

Purchased 18% stake, plus £10m - which will likely be converted into shares the further this progresses.  It's a longterm plan, and Zoe already explained that they have to go through the correct procedures being a plc.

• Like 1

I get it takes time and is in process. But she also stressed they were never seen as arriving to invest in the club but more for their knowledge. That suggests they won’t be pumping any money in which leaves us seriously short changed compared to other clubs. No? 

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I get it takes time and is in process. But she also stressed they were never seen as arriving to invest in the club but more for their knowledge. That suggests they won’t be pumping any money in which leaves us seriously short changed compared to other clubs. No? 

I think she's talking more about the immediate future in regards to expertise over investment. Why would a minority shareholder be splashing the cash?

Once he's takes the helm I'd be surprised if there wasn't investment. Not throwing around cash for the sake of throwing around cash but his aim will be to increase the value of the club and it'd be a struggle to do that without investment. Doing that is literally his job.

Obviously we'll know when we know but I wouldn't be worried yet,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

That suggests they won’t be pumping any money in which leaves us seriously short changed compared to other clubs. No? 

No, short changed is when you're in debt and running at a loss.  We'll be the opposite of that.

Still maintained as a self sufficient club with the added expertise and data systems that the Attanasio's have built within their MLB business, plus the added security of finance, should we ever need it as a safety, or opportunity to invest to improve the club.

34 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Depends what you’re classing as serious investment these days. By top 24 clubs in the country standards their investment falls way short of some of the other owners around us. 

Newcastle for example were around us in the league when taken over by the Saudis. now we are light years apart 

The £10m basically bought us Sara. 

All very welcome and appreciated investment but the world has moved on even further since they saw us trounced by Spurs. I would imagine any further investment will be very dripfed.

To paraphrase PG Woodhouse

"it was never difficult to distinguish between Dean Coneys Boots with a grievance and a ray of sunshine"

Eeyore | Eeyore quotes, Eeyore, Eeyore pictures

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Purchased 18% stake, plus £10m - which will likely be converted into shares the further this progresses.  It's a longterm plan, and Zoe already explained that they have to go through the correct procedures being a plc.

The 18 per cent was a private transaction with the Foulger family, so put no money into the club. He has put in £10m and may be on the verge of buying a bit under 200,000 new shares, at some price or other, which would benefit the club.

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

There has been a lot of talk of take over from Attanasios - and it gave a lot of people hope. But the interview with Zoe Webber made clear they don’t plan to invest in the team or take over any time soon. Just here for solid advice etc. In which case, whilst it’s nice to have them along for the contribution and ride, they clearly aren’t what we still actually need- which is serious investment. Where will it come from? As we seem to be back to lacking a pot to pee in and going backwards at a rate of knots 

Jesus Mary and Joseph 

do you ever have anything positive to add? 

Connor Southwell said there’s white smoke in relation to Attanassio during the match day blog. So expect to hear more on this pretty soon.

They could have just asked my advice for free?

I mean, I am right about everything to the point that it’s outrageous.

But have the Attanasio's ever talked about a take over?

No. That's only ever come from all of us.

So we can't really be disappointed that what we decided was going to happen amongst ourselves (he buys the club outright and throws in an additional fifty million or so for transfers and wages) hasn't happened. Besides, I don't think he's that wealthy and it isn't the way he works.

Time will tell.

I am sure the£10m invested was to assist with running costs. Think SW said this at end of season review…… maybe part of the dampening of expectations strategy. Reading some of the dire clairvoyance on here this morning, looks like the strategy worked…

2 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Connor Southwell said there’s white smoke in relation to Attanassio during the match day blog. So expect to hear more on this pretty soon.

We shall see. For that to be true Attanasio and the club need finally to have solved the problem that is likely to have been holdings things up. To waive or not to waive, that is the question. 🤩

12 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I'm up for a Euro Millions Syndicate... .50p a week... 500 of us... 100 tickets a week. Who is in ! 

Norwich is not an attractive club for any high end investment - we are not situated in London, Midlands, North West or North East and in fact our nearest rivals are in a different County which we somehow call a local derby despite a 40 mile gap - we have a ground that resembles a library most of the time and fans that will accept any sort of dire football clapping the players at the end of a match and players that love Costa del Norwich knowing they will play week in week out - we will never do anything in the Cups with the excuse at least we can concentrate on the league hence no ambition - would any of you invest millions in that - we are what we are a small (in the big scheme of things) self funded club that will never go anywhere 

12 minutes ago, Bomber said:

we are what we are a small (in the big scheme of things) self funded club that will never go anywhere 

Apart from being in the top league 6 out of the last 12 years......

Edited by lake district canary

If you look at his work at the Brewers he never threw money at them. He's also not very wealthy by football standards, you need multi-billionaires to be able to make a real difference. Why some fans thought he'd come in and suddenly give us a lot of money to play with is confusing to me when you look at his past record. As it stands his net worth only really puts us on par with most other Championship clubs in terms of owner net worth.

9 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph 

Even Mary, Mungo and Midge! Those who were kids in the 70’s will know!

I had hoped this summer would be a settled and steady one, instead we’re still at odds in a number of areas including any takeover, senior SD leaving but still working when his heads not really in it and leaving Wagner in a little bit of limbo given his position under any replacement SD might be questionable, they might want they’re own style coach in.

Not great going into a very key season to not be settled, but that’s football! 💚💛👍

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

And coming straight back down mostly being an embarrassment 

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes but that’s also 7 top flight seasons out of the last 28 too. Stats can be so damming too!😉

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

We shall see. For that to be true Attanasio and the club need finally to have solved the problem that is likely to have been holdings things up. To waive or not to waive, that is the question. 🤩

The waive option can still be denied by the Takeover Panel, can't it?

This situation also arises because we are the only 1 of next season's 24 Championship Clubs to be a Public Company which is presumably to offer protection to our minority shareholders that by and large other Clubs don't have.  Why be a Public Company and then opt for a waiver?