Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Attanasio = red herring

21 hours ago, GMF said:

Where are you getting these numbers from? Is there any evidence to support this? 

If transactions have previously been undertaken at a club valuation of £100 million then that divided by 616,913 shares in issue = £162 per share x 4  shares (the most common holding) = £648.

If Club value is deemed to have halved since  which would presumably be basis of new cash injection then, club valuation £50 million divided by revised shares in issue of 811,425 x 4 shares = £246.    

53 minutes ago, essex canary said:

If transactions have previously been undertaken at a club valuation of £100 million then that divided by 616,913 shares in issue = £162 per share x 4  shares (the most common holding) = £648.

If Club value is deemed to have halved since  which would presumably be basis of new cash injection then, club valuation £50 million divided by revised shares in issue of 811,425 x 4 shares = £246.    

But that’s hypothetical and really doesn’t stand up to scrutiny, as the 10% equity conversion is only relevant if the c-preference shares are converted into ordinary shares in six years time. Additionally, by then, if the proposed allotment of ordinary shares actually happens, a further adjustment would be needed.

1 minute ago, GMF said:

But that’s hypothetical and really doesn’t stand up to scrutiny, as the 10% equity conversion is only relevant if the c-preference shares are converted into ordinary shares in six years time. Additionally, by then, if the proposed allotment of ordinary shares actually happens, a further adjustment would be needed.

Why wouldn't the Club have been valued at £100 million bearing in mind the sale prices of other comparable Clubs?

The Club has been prepared to vary its share price in the past £18.50 in 2001 and £25 in 2002. S&J and Foulger both made some purchases at both prices. As such even if MF received only the reported £3 million that is still a profit of £657,000 or 28% in nominal terms albeit a loss in real terms. Such transparency from the Club wouldn't go amiss. I believe MWJ promised such transparency at the 2019 AGM. Quite strange that apparently the share price may only have moved from £25 in 2002 to maybe £30 in 2022 yet will reach £100 plus in 2029.  Could be a little pie in the sky.

26 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Why wouldn't the Club have been valued at £100 million bearing in mind the sale prices of other comparable Clubs?

The Club has been prepared to vary its share price in the past £18.50 in 2001 and £25 in 2002. S&J and Foulger both made some purchases at both prices. As such even if MF received only the reported £3 million that is still a profit of £657,000 or 28% in nominal terms albeit a loss in real terms. Such transparency from the Club wouldn't go amiss. I believe MWJ promised such transparency at the 2019 AGM. Quite strange that apparently the share price may only have moved from £25 in 2002 to maybe £30 in 2022 yet will reach £100 plus in 2029.  Could be a little pie in the sky.

I’m afraid that I’m not qualified to give valuation advice on football clubs, but, feel free to fill your boots… 

37 minutes ago, GMF said:

I’m afraid that I’m not qualified to give valuation advice on football clubs, but, feel free to fill your boots… 

There’s the key, the real valuation is what the existing owners might be prepared to accept, if they accept £20 per share or less for the good of the club, I assume they can sell!

1 hour ago, Indy said:

There’s the key, the real valuation is what the existing owners might be prepared to accept, if they accept £20 per share or less for the good of the club, I assume they can sell!

That could be what inspired Michael Foulger and the knock on effects could be preoccupying the TP.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Calvin Klein Obsession For Men Eau de Toilette 125ml

Went out for the day, came home , saw Ethics has found new  hypothetical scenario to whinge about. If anyone knows the real  person ......is he actually  this mental.or is he having a laugh. They're the only possible  reasons..... A loony or a very good troll. I know what I suspect.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Went out for the day, came home , saw Ethics has found new  hypothetical scenario to whinge about. If anyone knows the real  person ......is he actually  this mental.or is he having a laugh. They're the only possible  reasons..... A loony or a very good troll. I know what I suspect.

Let's hope you will have your £17 million at the ready when Attanasio turns into a red herring in 6 years time.

16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Let's hope you will have your £17 million at the ready when Attanasio turns into a red herring in 6 years time.

Please explain why I'd need  17 million. 

I'm pretty sure I can survive on less thanks , ffs chap, give it a rest. 

You are Gollum and I claim my £17 million.

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Gone 10am and i am amazed Michael Foulger hasn't got a mention today yet.

Probably out somewhere, looking around for another stick to beat the Club with… (winks)

15 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

I regularly check this thread despite knowing I'll have no idea what anyone is discussing. 

Fret not, most of the posters on this thread are in the same boat, me included.

One in particular is just making it up as he goes along.

It really is a wait n see  situation, speculation is as pointless as worrying.....but a little more amusing . 

We could finish between 3rd and 8th in the Championship for all of the next 6 seasons and there would still be a 1 in 3 chance of not reaching the PL in that time. If we add the example of our last 2 attempts at the PL reaching that £100 million valuation in 6 years will be a tall order.

More realism required.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Wonder by which Christmas this will be sorted, I’m going for 2026

You’re being too optimistic, until the current owners depart this planet they will be holding the reins, I’ll go for 2035……😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

We could finish between 3rd and 8th in the Championship for all of the next 6 seasons and there would still be a 1 in 3 chance of not reaching the PL in that time. If we add the example of our last 2 attempts at the PL reaching that £100 million valuation in 6 years will be a tall order.

More realism required.

You still haven't told me why I , personally, would need to have 17 million ' at the ready'.  ....planning to sue me? 

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

More realism required.

This £100 million valuation you have mentioned several times is not based on any facts whatsoever. Assumptions and guesswork on your part.