Bradwell canary

What has been gained…….nothing!

At the point of Daniel Farke being appointed manager at Leeds, I wish him well. He delivered to us the best football ever seen by a Norwich team, an absolute joy to watch. Frankly I could never understand why other Championship clubs did not hire him then given his excellent records here.  

It brings up the Question what have we gained by sacking him in 2021. We all know Webber should have bit the dust not Farke. Webber even admitted he sent Farke to war in the PL without ammunition. So two managers later, we have gained nothing, back to where we were before Farke arrived.

Same at Leeds, they sacked a manager, Marcelo Bielsa, adored by Leeds fans, not an easy thing to do there, in February 2022. Three managers later what have they gained, nothing, back in the Championship where Bielsa found them.

It makes me think that people in charge, as sporting directors will sack a competent manager, to take the heat of themselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry but that's not the case. Farke gave us our best ever Tier 2 football. Bond, Brown, Stringer and Walker gave us exciting football at the top level. 

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sorry but that's not the case. Farke gave us our best ever Tier 2 football. Bond, Brown, Stringer and Walker gave us exciting football at the top level. 

A special mention to Ron Saunders too. Got us up to Division 1, kept us up and a first Wembley final too soon after. 

• Like 10

Leeds have been transformed as a club even though they're now back in the Championship, this season under Wagner we'll either see stability or stagnation. 

Leeds will soon see he cannot do it at a higher level as has been proven with MG, not just us. All this about how good he was only applies to the second tier not the highest level where he was a failure. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Leeds will soon see he cannot do it at a higher level as has been proven with MG, not just us. All this about how good he was only applies to the second tier not the highest level where he was a failure. 

We simple do not have the budget to compete in the EPL. 99.9% of managers would have failed. 

• Like 5

Ignore TY Bradwell, nothing wrong with this thread. Farke is in the news and you are right, Leeds and Norwich and probably most clubs make decisions that often make things worse rather than better - managers getting the push because of bad decisions by CEO's or SD's. 

57 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

This is just so blinkered an attitude. Farke failed with us in the PL because he didn't have the players.  BMG didn't fail last season, they just didn't do quite as well as the previous season and if you want decent farkeball you have to give him time to cement his methods and get rid of egotistical players. They just had no patience.

You can't create something special and long lasting if the people at the top of clubs make bad decisions. Sacking March from Leeds was nuts imo, did them no good at all. They will need to be patient with Farke, give him two seasons to see if he can get them back up - and if they do go back, make sure he gets the players he needs.....like we didn't - twice!  And we ended up practically back where we were to start with.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ignore TY Bradwell, nothing wrong with this thread. 

Oh do shut up. You are often the main instigator and always the main perpetuator of this repetitive, senseless, boring discussion.

It's little wonder this forum is dying a slow death when it can only have the same discussion over and over again like some freak unable to get over an ex girlfriend.

It's just ****ing weird now.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

Leeds have been transformed as a club even though they're now back in the Championship, this season under Wagner we'll either see stability or stagnation. 

Oh come on Drayton. There is no "we" here. You are a Leeds fan.

49 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

We simple do not have the budget to compete in the EPL. 99.9% of managers would have failed. 

Whether we had the budget or not we still spent plenty on that Premier League season. An overall wage bill of £118 million compared to £93 million for Burnley or £68 million for Brentford. Leeds spent virtually the same as us that season. It is more about getting value for money whether Webber or Farke or anybody else. Maybe too many cooks are spoiling the broth?

• Like 1

Farke failed in the EPL becuase he was out of his depth.

People are forgetting how bad we were before he got sacked.

That mauling at Chelsea where the full backs were our main attacking  force whilst Chelsea just dropped the ball in where they should have been defending and scored at will.

The Leeds home defeat where the players had given up.

Its time to let it go and move on. He isn't coming back.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh look another Daniel Farke thread. Like this topic hasn't been discussed enough or we don't have a thread open right now (Farke to Leeds) that could have been used for this discussion.

Whoop whoop. It’s the sound of the forum police…. 🚨

(as opposed to the sound of Tzolis)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh do shut up. You are often the main instigator and always the main perpetuator of this repetitive, senseless, boring discussion.

It's little wonder this forum is dying a slow death when it can only have the same discussion over and over again like some freak unable to get over an ex girlfriend.

We should just come on here and keep going **** and throwing digs at people, that would make it a great forum. 

It was right for Farke to go, when he did. He teams failed in the PL. Some of this down to his tactics.

Let’s be truthful… his teams never delivered when Buendia was not playing. I don’t think he will do much at Leeds and probably will get sacked before the season ends.

Bit I agree that Webber failed him in both PL seasons.

Hopefully, we will get things right at NCFC going forward and have lots to cheer about..!

Edited by yellow_belly
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh come on Drayton. There is no "we" here. You are a Leeds fan.

I am, but I'm also one of the 'coffin dodgers' who will be in the City Stand on the 5th of August. 

Edited by DraytonBoy

Holy crap, did we really need another thread about Farke?  No.

He’s gone - some will never get over it. Which is weird.  And once and for all we should nail this ‘we played our best football ever under him’ thing. It is palpably untrue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Whoop whoop. It’s the sound of the forum police…. 🚨

(as opposed to the sound of Tzolis)

I prefer to think of it as a forum cultivator. Ensuring the cream of this increasingly paltry crop rises to the top to try and make this forum the best place to talk NCFC. 

For example, there's a really interesting article on the pink un right now about Sorenson and him giving a chance in defensive midfield. Where's the thread about that and the possibility he's going to be given a chance in the key role that Wagner's system revolves around and whether that means not needing a new DM. 

But no. Instead the usual twats want to talk about Daniel Farke. Despite we all knowing it was a mistake to sack him. That he was replaced badly. That the jury is out on Wagner. What's left to say? 

It's like we're expected to be two goldfish in a bowl. We all do a lap of the bowl and have to act like we've never talked about these things already.

Perhaps that's a sign I'm done with this forum. Now I think of it, I think I need a new medium to express my views. 

See you.

3 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

It brings up the Question what have we gained by sacking him in 2021. We all know Webber should have bit the dust not Farke. Webber even admitted he sent Farke to war in the PL without ammunition. So two managers later, we have gained nothing, back to where we were before Farke arrived.

Well, you're posting in the wrong place because polls at the time were heavily in favour of sacking Farke at the time, not Webber.

43 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This is just so blinkered an attitude. Farke failed with us in the PL because he didn't have the players.  BMG didn't fail last season, they just didn't do quite as well as the previous season and if you want decent farkeball you have to give him time to cement his methods and get rid of egotistical players. They just had no patience.

Farke did fail at BMG. It wasn't a case of not doing quite as well, it was a case of it being their joint lowest finish in the last decade (or longer) whilst also having the worst defensive record in that period too. I would say their fans are better placed to judge than either of us.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farke did fail at BMG. It wasn't a case of not doing quite as well, it was a case of it being their joint lowest finish in the last decade (or longer) whilst also having the worst defensive record in that period too. I would say their fans are better placed to judge than either of us.

Yeah they sacked the previous guy for finishing 10th, I don't think they then hired his replacement to do the same thing. 

I do get the idea that he's potentially a coach that needs patience but there are a couple of problems with this. You won't always get it and you can't just demand it. You have to earn patience and clearly BMG didn't think he'd done that. If you require a full season before anyone can expect any improvement in results/performances then you probably need to look at how to implement these things quicker. If he hasn't learned this then it could be his downfall at Leeds.

It also doesn't automatically follow that because everything clicked second season for him here then it will elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

This was nothing to do with Farke. This was down to your trying to say what people should and should not write. Live and let live.

48 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I prefer to think of it as a forum cultivator. Ensuring the cream of this increasingly paltry crop rises to the top to try and make this forum the best place to talk NCFC. 

For example, there's a really interesting article on the pink un right now about Sorenson and him giving a chance in defensive midfield. Where's the thread about that and the possibility he's going to be given a chance in the key role that Wagner's system revolves around and whether that means not needing a new DM. 

But no. Instead the usual twats want to talk about Daniel Farke. Despite we all knowing it was a mistake to sack him. That he was replaced badly. That the jury is out on Wagner. What's left to say? 

It's like we're expected to be two goldfish in a bowl. We all do a lap of the bowl and have to act like we've never talked about these things already.

Perhaps that's a sign I'm done with this forum. Now I think of it, I think I need a new medium to express my views. 

See you.

Stop press - Sorenson might play in midfield next season …

Hardly breaking news …

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, you're posting in the wrong place because polls at the time were heavily in favour of sacking Farke at the time, not Webber.

Footballing online polls are not reliable, never have been, never will be. Often nothing more than a vehicle for the annoyed to vent their spleen, while the majority pay no attention.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Footballing online polls are not reliable, never have been, never will be. Often nothing more than a vehicle for the annoyed to vent their spleen, while the majority pay no attention.

When the poll is the people on this forum and he's posting on this forum, it's pretty relevant.

I must admit I tend to look on things like this in a slightly different way. 

I've been around long enough to know that things go in cycles and that the idea of our club establishing itself in the top teir (especially now with the huge amounts of money and £100 million players) is pretty much beyond our reach other than for a few seasons at best.

So I look back at Farke's reign here very fondly indeed. Wonderful football, some real heros on the pitch and not just the main two of Emi and Pukki but also Mario et al. The scum are going down song ringing out, Farke joining the celebrations with the fans....

Yes we are back where we started before Farke but the ride gave us great memories. It's not about getting there it's the journey that counts. Just because we came down doesn't mean those memories don't count or weren't worth it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Just to be helpful there is a button near the top of the forum that says 'start new topic.'

Once you've clicked this you can choose a title (maybe 'Interesting article about Sorenson on the homepage') and even write a little bit about your views on it.

You then hit 'submit' - and this is the really cool part - and it appears for everyone on the forum! They can even submit their own replies to it! 

Hope this helps as it seems you're unaware that anyone can start a topic, not just Cambridge!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

we are back where we started before Farke but the ride gave us great memories. It's not about getting there it's the journey that counts. Just because we came down doesn't mean those memories don't count or weren't worth it.

I think this is the point. By sacking Farke, we lost any chance of continuing that journey/getting more memories under him. We don't know of course, if Farke will be able to do that at Leeds, but what they have got, is the opportunity to replicate those memories for themselves. Unless you believe Farke was a one club wonder.