Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Maddison Sell On

Once we discount for hyperbole, we should garner about £2m after Coventry’s cut. Useful but about half we hoped for. Shame Madders only wanted to go to London….

Strikes me as funny that I first saw what a player he was in a video on YouTube entitled Welcome to Spurs…….put online just before McNally grabbed him on deadline day!

Better late than never…..

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Top corner said:

The Norwich Evening News are saying that Coventry will receive between 10 & 15% of whatever we receive from Tottenham.

Don’t think that is correct. We paid up what we owed to Coventry along time ago. One of Webbers good decisions 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Don’t think that is correct. We paid up what we owed to Coventry along time ago. One of Webbers good decisions 

Yeah I can't imagine you'd get sell on %'s of sell on %'s. Would be very odd.

• Like 2

40 Million is a steal for a player of his quality and english maybe he had a agreement or something in place on a open market he is worth same if not more than Mount you would have thought 

I'm sure it was confirmed (I might be wrong though) we'd get 20% of the profit, which equates to around 4million, and that any Coventry entitlement ended when we sold him. We'd also be entitlement to a cut of add ons, unless Leicester buy us out of that, so let's hope they're not unrealistic add ons like payable if Spurs win a trophy 😁

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

40 Million is a steal for a player of his quality and english maybe he had a agreement or something in place on a open market he is worth same if not more than Mount you would have thought 

People on here would have you believe that its only us/ Webber who sells players for less than their perceived market value

Selling Maddison basically allowed us to keep the club afloat and rebuild the squad for Farke to achieve promotion, it was incredibly important to us and we should always be grateful.  I hope he does well at Spurs.

I struggle to see why Mount is valued at so much more, I think they're both free agents next summer.  I know it comes down to supply & demand but I still can't see it.

• Like 3

A bit disappointing £40m but always likely the price would be slashed once Leicester were relegated.

I have a feeling Maddison will have a bigger impact at that price than a whopping £105m for Rice! It's a bargain really.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

A bit disappointing £40m but always likely the price would be slashed once Leicester were relegated.

I have a feeling Maddison will have a bigger impact at that price than a whopping £105m for Rice! It's a bargain really.

105 for Rice is 💯 absolutely Nutts. Crazy dosh in the crazy world of EPL.  Norwich  you can only stand back and just dream . Need some savings at Norwich  somewhere . I suggest the sporting director  pay and executive directors pay could be well sliced and still be an attractive proposition  to the right kind of people.

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

People on here would have you believe that its only us/ Webber who sells players for less than their perceived market value

Which is especially weird as he has generally been very good at getting strong fees for our players. I can't think of a single player we've sold where I've thought 'that's cheap' at the time. 

• Like 4

If £105m is the going price for Declan Rice then it might go some way to explain why we have struggled to recruit in that position. Skipp the exemption but that was a loan from a prem team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Yeah I can't imagine you'd get sell on %'s of sell on %'s. Would be very odd.

Coventry sportswriter today saying they are expecting over £400,000 if Maddison leaves for the £40m being mentioned. 

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Cracking signing for them, wonder if our friend from Cambridgeshire thinks it’s warrants a new thread haha 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

If £105m is the going price for Declan Rice then it might go some way to explain why we have struggled to recruit in that position. Skipp the exemption but that was a loan from a prem team.

That's a very good point. Our recruitment in that position has been disastrous, but it is clearly difficult for everyone.

£40m but Winks going the other way as well…so it’s lowered the fee

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This image just looks wrong. Funny to think he's already won more trophies with Leicester than he ever will at Spurs

FzvCR-IWIAAcdLo?format=jpg&name=small

Tottenham are a far bigger club than Leicester. Massive move for a player like Maddison in his prime. London, 60,000 crowds every home match and in the best stadium in England. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WD40 said:

£40m but Winks going the other way as well…so it’s lowered the fee

Totally separate deals so that’s not the case

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Tottenham are a far bigger club than Leicester. Massive move for a player like Maddison in his prime. London, 60,000 crowds every home match and in the best stadium in England. 

Bigger in terms of fans and stadium size? Yes. Bigger in terms of major trophies won in the past decade? Well..

8 hours ago, king canary said:

Which is especially weird as he has generally been very good at getting strong fees for our players. I can't think of a single player we've sold where I've thought 'that's cheap' at the time. 

I can understand your point of view, but for discussion, ans if im honest, ive always thought in recent time we have let the go on the smaller side of the wedge.

Murphy's at 9 and 11m (looks good now-prehaps all the business does) but that seemed cheap at the time (albeit neeeded the money but can say that for all of them at the time.

Pritchard at 11 was super cheap 

Madders was decent

Godfrey i felt we could of got more maybe

Same for emi. just with them two it seemed we folded early

I even 12/15m for jamal at the time was.cheap

Not saying you are wrong, just all opinion isnt it hey

1 minute ago, For the future said:

15% of 40 million is 6 million to Norwich City 

It’s 15% of profit not the total fee. So around 2.6 million after a further payment to Coventry 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

I can understand your point of view, but for discussion, ans if im honest, ive always thought in recent time we have let the go on the smaller side of the wedge.

Murphy's at 9 and 11m (looks good now-prehaps all the business does) but that seemed cheap at the time (albeit neeeded the money but can say that for all of them at the time.

Madders was decent

It’s an opinion, but… seriously?

If you look at what those players have achieved since, they were all overpriced. Even Emi hasn’t been a regular starter. Webber is a master salesman.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s an opinion, but… seriously?

If you look at what those players have achieved since, they were all overpriced. Even Emi hasn’t been a regular starter. Webber is a master salesman.

...which probably explains the unrealistic expectations of some on here with regard to potential income from sales of (or interest in) some of the current crop.

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This image just looks wrong. Funny to think he's already won more trophies with Leicester than he ever will at Spurs

FzvCR-IWIAAcdLo?format=jpg&name=small

LOL

£100k a week playing in the best league in the world, in London, enhances his chances of playing for England, or grubbing around in the Championship with Leicester.

He's already spent a lot of time in lower league stuff at Coventry, Aberdeen and Norwich. At 26 it's now or never.

Madders is very good but not world class which is why he's next layer down at Spurs.

10 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

Madders was decent

Wow !  Seriously optimistic there fella.

56 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Wow !  Seriously optimistic there fella.

Seriously deluded more like. More for Godfrey, ?  that's hilarious.

• Haha 1