Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Dean Smith is back.

I can see this being Dean's future now. With that promotion on his CV there'll always be a job for him at teams like Wednesday, Middlesbrough etc who feel they should be in the Premier. 

1 minute ago, Chichcan said:

I can see this being Dean's future now. With that promotion on his CV there'll always be a job for him at teams like Wednesday, Middlesbrough etc who feel they should be in the Premier. 

Could be. I think the main thing that will hold Deano back is that he’s a crap manager. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thought he was taking his time?  Probably scared no offers would come in is why he said that.

Still, it's a big club.  Can only wish him well, really, no point being bitter.

He’s only in talks ffs, he’s not got the job yet has he? 

Cambridge being economical with the facts again what a surprise 

Well he got a job with us in the prem, then Leicester in the prem. I reckon he'll get a championship job even if it's not Wednesday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He’s only in talks ffs, he’s not got the job yet has he? 

The only way you can get him out of the office and stop talking is to give him a contract, this is a done deal!

Not bothered either way.

Ok, it didn't work out here. Or Leicester and ultimately, Villa. But he could probably go back to a mid-table Championship club.

Oh, hang-on. That's us now, isn't it. F***.

Why give him a hard time, that tool Wagner has hardly been a massive success since he's been manager. 

• Like 3

The squad was always the bigger issue, and that was clear when both he and now Wagner have come in and failed with virtually the same set of players. I still feel it's a shame we let Daniel go in the manner we did but as a result I hope we give Wagner time to rebuild. Smith was never the right man for us at the time, no doubt a decent manager in the past but he wasn't a fit for our situation

4 hours ago, City fan said:

Why give him a hard time, that tool Wagner has hardly been a massive success since he's been manager. 

No he hasn't but with pre season and the opportunity to get a couple of players in , let's give him the benefit of the doubt if after ten games were struggling we will then have a decision to make!

4 hours ago, City fan said:

that tool Wagner has hardly been a massive success since he's been manager.

With a full squad he was, with a depleted one he wasn't.  I guess we'll find out for real in a few months.

If Smith came in now we'd probably all have a much better experience, I think anyone following in Farke's footsteps with a squad that was lacking backbone and experience in key areas was screwed really.

Shame it went so sour really.

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

With a full squad he was, with a depleted one he wasn't.  I guess we'll find out for real in a few months.

If Smith came in now we'd probably all have a much better experience, I think anyone following in Farke's footsteps with a squad that was lacking backbone and experience in key areas was screwed really.

Shame it went so sour really.

Yeah good post , it will be strange one if farke goes to Leeds ,hate Leeds , love farke , let's give Wagner time and judge at Xmas

Edited by Canary dwarf

12 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

He can’t keep getting away with it lol

Smith or Cambridge?

Just now, Sooty57 said:

Smith or Cambridge?

Lol Cambridge is fine, Smith… How come in football you can do publicly and spectacularly and still get work?

Its baffling