Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Arctic Monkeys at Glasto- legend in the audience

19 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Better than what's on the stage.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but they're sh*te.

I always wondered where the club singer from Shooting Stars had ended up. 😁

Apples

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Apples said:

I always wondered where the club singer from Shooting Stars had ended up. 😁

Apples

If nothing else it’s a lesson in drumming. Maybe Matt could sit in the lower Barclay sometimes and bring his sticks. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Better than what's on the stage.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but they're sh*te.

Agreed - massive downturn in quality and upturn in ego since the awful AM album. Half decent before that. 
At list Foo Fighters rescued the show. 

35 minutes ago, NWC said:

Agreed - massive downturn in quality and upturn in ego since the awful AM album. Half decent before that. 
At list Foo Fighters rescued the show. 

Agreed. Foos best so far. 

Taylor Hawkins was a legend, and impossible to replace,  but the new guy done good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I pity the poor s*d who's shoulders he's sitting on. 

It's Johnny Rowe, holding him up with one finger.

Hard to disagree on the Arctic Monkey first album is a stone cold classic hard to imagine writing songs as good as a certain romance as a teenager.

As for the Foo Fighters I wonder if Therapy think as the Foo clearly stole there sound.

Must be one of the poorest headliners ever, very average at best and a far cry from previous appearances at Glastonbury. As above, without Foo Fighters it would have been a pretty poor day to open the festival. Everyone's really there to see Rick Astley today though, let's be honest 😅

21 minutes ago, AJ said:

Must be one of the poorest headliners ever, very average at best and a far cry from previous appearances at Glastonbury. As above, without Foo Fighters it would have been a pretty poor day to open the festival. Everyone's really there to see Rick Astley today though, let's be honest 😅

Yeah, Astley never gonna let you down tbf 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I was a fan of AM up to when they started dressing like 50's rockers and making lounge-pop. I'm all for bands branching out and changing up their style but that isn't a sound that appealed to me and it felt like a triumph of style over substance. I get why they changed course because it feels like there's been a bit of an indie-rock hangover going about right now where people are tired of that type of mid-2000's rock sound, kinda similar to the britpop hangover people felt in the 2000's that actually ended up popularizing bands like AM who at the time sounded really fresh after the britpop era. Funny thing is that's kind of come around again and a lot of people are enjoying Oasis/Blur etc right now so no doubt in the future that type of sound that early AM had will become popular again and if they're still around they might end up making another energetic rock album. 

• Like 2

If people think Foo Fighters are better than the AMs they must be deaf.

FF are pop metal by numbers.

AM doing something different to anyone else.

• Like 1

And if you think both are bad, wait til you hear Elton tonight. Lost his voice years ago!

I can't see the AMs being around as long as the Foo Fighters. It isn't about who is the best musician, best singer etc it's about entertainment. The AMs are becoming a very acquired taste. That set was a yawnfest.

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can't see the AMs being around as long as the Foo Fighters. It isn't about who is the best musician, best singer etc it's about entertainment. The AMs are becoming a very acquired taste. That set was a yawnfest.

Selling out multiple stadiums everywhere. Seems most people don't agree with you.

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

Selling out multiple stadiums everywhere. Seems most people don't agree with you.

Did you actually watch the set last night? The newer songs completely bombed, they lost the crowd. Thankfully the encore made up for it a little

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

Take That do that too.

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Take That do that too.

Viz had an explanation for this phenomenon:

20230624_143918~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

Viz had an explanation for this phenomenon:

20230624_143918~2.jpg

Ed Sheeran isn’t everyone’s taste but how can anyone say he is talentless is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, duke63 said:

Think we now know Duke is the bloke in the photo 😁.

Foo's for me BTW 

11 hours ago, AJ said:

Did you actually watch the set last night? The newer songs completely bombed, they lost the crowd. Thankfully the encore made up for it a little

Not playing to an audience of their own fans at Glasto tho are they? 

Any band that keeps rewriting the same song over and over is destined to mediocrity.

The Monkeys don't do that.

Just be thankful there are bands doing that because in ten years time your music will be written by an AI computer. Or Ed Sheeran!!!

21 hours ago, duke63 said:

If people think Foo Fighters are better than the AMs they must be deaf.

FF are pop metal by numbers.

AM doing something different to anyone else.

I'm not a big fan of either but Duke is right about the Foos. Their new stuff could easily be written by AI. 

2 hours ago, Helsinki canary said:

GunsnRoses smashed all the others last night

Whilst they were great, Axl is showing signs of his voice deteriorating a bit, still he's 61 and miles better than Elton.

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

Ed Sheeran isn’t everyone’s taste but how can anyone say he is talentless is beyond me.

Get a grip, he's from Suffolk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2