If Gabriel Forsyth comes in as well then we'll have six signings already made in this close season. Wonder what a 100% Webber would be doing if this is 90%?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If Gabriel Forsyth comes in as well then we'll have six signings already made in this close season. Wonder what a 100% Webber would be doing if this is 90%?

Jesus how many more mileage has this 90% remark still got given he was misquoted with it anyway! Lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Yobocop said:

Jesus how many more mileage has this 90% remark still got given he was misquoted with it anyway! Lol 

That's why I'm taking the **** with it. There seems to be a theme that he's coasting a bit. This degree of transfer activity, especially at this relatively early stage of the close season, is telling me quite the opposite.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I am happy with new signings but won't comment on them until I have seen them.

You could say that for every signing. Proof is obviously in the pudding.

He's a good age at 22 and has a solid CV.

Made 36 La Liga appearances for Alaves across 19/20 and 20/21, although only seven were starts, scoring twice. 

32 appearances and three goals in 21/22 for Zaragoza in the Spanish second tier, with 15 of those being starts. 

Had a breakout season last year in the Turkish Super Lig with nine goals in 32 appearances, all starts, in a team that struggled.

Lots of bookings though; 16 yellows and a red in the last two seasons. 

I'd be happy with this though after the signings of three players with extensive experience in the Premier League and Championship. A couple of signings like this and we've got a good balance. 

I thought Webber said he wasn’t keen on signing players that had been relegated.Sargent,Rashica and now another!

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Made 36 La Liga appearances for Alaves across 19/20 and 20/21, although only seven were starts, scoring twice. 

32 appearances and three goals in 21/22 for Zaragoza in the Spanish second tier, with 15 of those being starts. 

Had a breakout season last year in the Turkish Super Lig with nine goals in 32 appearances, all starts, in a team that struggled.

I'd be happy with this though after the signings of three players with extensive experience in the Premier League and Championship. A couple of signings like this and we've got a good balance. 

Yes. On paper, given those stats, he looked the best of the several wingers we have been linked with, tenuously or otherwise.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

That's why I'm taking the **** with it. There seems to be a theme that he's coasting a bit. This degree of transfer activity, especially at this relatively early stage of the close season, is telling me quite the opposite.

I agree with what you say 90% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

You could say that for every signing. Proof is obviously in the pudding.

Yes true but we have seen the others play and in this country.

41 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Buendia was no stranger to the referee's book either.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Buendia was no stranger to the referee's book either.

Very true, and an early booking for him had me anxious for the rest a game.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I actually thought that as I was writing the post. I just didn't want to raise expectations too high by making the comparison!

Everyone, @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man is certain we've just signed BUENDIA MARK 2, LET EVERYONE KNOW!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Get used to it, it’s not going to stop. People hear what they want to hear. Diane Abbott still gets grief for not remembering one specific number, but Boris Johnson gets innumerable free passes. IDK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

I'd prefer his brother, Utah. 

If we signed him, then we'd have done "Something good" this transfer window.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Still no sign of that CDM though.......

And there is now less than 12 hours left

Hopefully this means the end of Ince rumours. He will probably end up down the A140, where his dad's temperament will suit the binners 🥺

24 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Must be the end for Placheta, what a waste of money he’s been

Let's hope so , the club took a gamble he would make the step up from the polish league sadly he didn't , hard to see him make the grade here now.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah Buendia was awful

More of a AM not a Wide man like Tzolis and Rashica and the boy from Arsenal 

• Like 1

Is this guy a wide man or central then?  I watched some highlights and he seems to be through the middle in a lot of them.

Certainly looks handy, and a great age.  Wondering what the possibility is of him coming in as central attacking mid, with Sara and McLean behind?  Double pivot style.

Edit: Actually, that'd undermine Barnes sitting behind Sarge as we expect - so very much unlikely the more I sit here and think things through.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Is this guy a wide man or central then?  I watched some highlights and he seems to be through the middle in a lot of them.

Certainly looks handy, and a great age.  Wondering what the possibility is of him coming in as central attacking mid, with Sara and McLean behind?  Double pivot style.

Edit: Actually, that'd undermine Barnes sitting behind Sarge as we expect - so very much unlikely the more I sit here and think things through.

Plays all across forward line, but has recently been deployed on the wing.

• Thanks 1