KiwiScot

Sporting Director

8 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Webber and farke reunion at Leeds looking likely. That will smart if they do well and we do not- pressure on board will be massive 

I doubt it. Most wanted Farke out at the time and most said as recently as a few weeks ago that anyone could do a better job than Webber. 🙂

I’ve heard he’s off either way. Will let’s his rolling 12 month conclude next year. 

I would like to see either Ted Lasso or Chris Hughton as sporting director 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Webber and farke reunion at Leeds looking likely. That will smart if they do well and we do not- pressure on board will be massive 

The pressure is NEVER massive though is it? Season tickets sold out, fanbase that is so accepting, we are not like say an Everton who will not rest until they have forced change. This time next year the board will be relatively unchanged and Neil Adams will be Sporting Director. I really can see Webber at Leeds, said so weeks back. Not so sure about Farke I really think Celtic may be his journey.

Sky Sports reported that Webber has been approached by a club in La Liga and the SD at Sevilla is leaving to go to Villa.

45 minutes ago, Bert said:

I would like to see either Ted Lasso or Chris Hughton as sporting director 

Lasso is a great shout, but I'm not sure how he'd work with Neil Adams. Give Coach Beard the Technical Director spot! 

11 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Sky Sports reported that Webber has been approached by a club in La Liga and the SD at Sevilla is leaving to go to Villa.

He did speak previously about wanting to try abroad. Opportunity to go to a bigger club with European football.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He did speak previously about wanting to try abroad. Opportunity to go to a bigger club with European football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

It will be Neil Adams to replace him.

Presumably all those who have run Webber out of the club will be happy about that?

Not from what club has announced 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not sure about that. A far as I can see it is one claim by one person on one site that is now being simply repeated without being independently checked out.

I wouldn't have posted that unless I was pretty certain of my ground, Purp... 🙂

19 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I mean, I love Norwich as a city. It's a great place to live.

But if the chance to live and work in Seville came along, I'd be off like a shot too. What a wonderful place. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

But if the chance to live and work in Seville came along, I'd be off like a shot too. What a wonderful place. 

Yep, that move makes sense to me.

My Leeds supporting friend is pretty adamant he's been seen in Leeds already today but their fans love to make things up soo...

44 minutes ago, Yellowfuture said:

He makes a fair point about criticism being fine but not so with personal abuse

Unless of course you are a divorced male, then you are fair game in Webbers mind. I will not shed many tears when he walks out of the door that’s for sure.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Farke is free at the moment.......

just saying......

He is a manager….not a sporting director. Have you seen Webber manage?

5 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

He is a manager….not a sporting director. Have you seen Webber manage?

Farke's original career direction was to be a Sporting Director, only stepping into the head  coaches at Lippstadt by default. As we know, he is highly intelligent and a deep thinker about the game, so it would not be a surprise if his next role was to be an SD, or at some stage in his career. 

40 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Glad I studied Spanish.

12 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Unless of course you are a divorced male, then you are fair game in Webbers mind. I will not shed many tears when he walks out of the door that’s for sure.

There are certainly more important things to shed tears on that’s for sure, I think I may have had a dig back if I had been him, but it was unprofessional and he shouldn’t have done it. But that still doesn’t change history and what he did achieve for our club.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Leeds or Seville .... tough choice then.

I cannot see this notice period dragging on for the rest of that year. It makes little sense for none of the parties, least of all Webber.

I suppose the ideal scenario would be that he completes the Summer's re-build, fully aware of the need to get it right this time so that he can leave on a high note with a job well done. Then we get some compensation from Leeds before appointing the right man for the job who had been lined up all along.

I got the impression from the Telegraph article in which he emphasised the development of Colney and the Academy that he was convinced in any case that it was a job well done  and that Little Old Norwich should be forever grateful that he graced Carrow Road in the first place. No mention of scapegoating Daniel Farke, the rushed appointment of the entirely unsuitable Dean Smith, the general failings and waste in the transfer market that have characterised the last two seasons, the increasing squad dysfunction with the team's oh so rapid decline on the field of play or the fact that so much money is owed on account to the extent that the club is back to square one as far as having "clout" in the market goes. 

He briefly admits to his mistakes ... then it's a  "next topic please" type brush over.

I just hope that he is sufficiently incentivised (by his own ego, pride, respect for the club?) to complete the job in hand to the best of his ability, fully realising that he has ground to make up.

Let's just hope that there will be some American influence in the choice of his replacement.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

Sevilla would be a great place yo go, almost guaranteed European football and it seems  permanent holders of the uefa league Cup, perhaps until along comes webber..

I imagine that this has only come out because a job has opened up to Webber and he wants to take it. If no such job had arisen then he would have carried out his notice period and left the club in March and the club would announce at that time that he was to be leaving the club. March feels like about the sort of time where proper planning for the next season begins so it only makes sense that would be when he would no longer be involved.

It's possible that his departure won't be imminent and maybe they've gone to press because someone else got wind of it. He could be intending to work his notice.

The fact he handed in his notice, knowing he had a 12-month notice period, in March might be telling. The climbing season for Everest is in April/May and assuming he'll want to go from bottom to top and not short-cut his way to base camp, you'll need to start the trek to base camp late March.

He might be planning to work until then, **** off up the mountain and come back in May ready for his next job.

That would suck.

• Thanks 1

I cannot imagine Leeds or anyone else waiting until next year so he'll likely leave immediately with a negotiated compensation deal. 

9 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

I cannot imagine Leeds or anyone else waiting until next year so he'll likely leave immediately with a negotiated compensation deal. 

Yes i think that might be the case , might be a bit of PR from club as in Leeds have not poached him he was leaving anyway ,

i might find out Friday more details but i imagine either he is close to leaving or we are close to finding a new DOF 

7 hours ago, Yellowfuture said:

He makes a fair point about criticism being fine but not so with personal abuse

He’d best stay away from certain posters on this board then