KiwiScot

Sporting Director

So Webber could be off to Leeds which you'd imagine be will as soon as possible if true which leaves us where in this summer rebulid?

Will he leave a solid plan in place for the transfer window, the season and long term projects and will Neil Adams hold the line while the board work out a replacement.

Who to replace Webber?

It will be Neil Adams to replace him.

Presumably all those who have run Webber out of the club will be happy about that?

• Haha 3

I’d imagine he’d jump at that chance. Potentially easy promotion for his cv once again. Decent squad already there. Self proclaimed Leeds fan.

on one level I won’t be sad to see the back of him as I don’t like him and he has repeatedly failed at premier league level. BUT:

1. the timing is poor with us mid rebuild;

2. Neil Adams as a replacement will not do. Get Greg Broughton back if we can;

3. Who has given him permission to talk to them (if it’s true) given they are a (theoretical) promotion rival and why are we not protected contractually from him jumping ship mid summer transfer window to a rival? If we are not and/or Zoe is calling the shots on these decisions then it just once again shows how the club has been left exposed by too much power in the hands of the two couples. Even the bloke who we are told has allegedly been advising the board is a mate of theirs with very strong links to Leeds United so that again is worrying. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, duke63 said:

It will be Neil Adams to replace him.

Presumably all those who have run Webber out of the club will be happy about that?

Nobody has run Webber out of the club ffs! What a stupid statement to make 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I’d imagine he’d jump at that chance. Potentially easy promotion for his cv once again. Decent squad already there. Self proclaimed Leeds fan.

on one level I won’t be sad to see the back of him as I don’t like him and he has repeatedly failed at premier league level. BUT:

3. Who has given him permission to talk to them (if it’s true) given they are a (theoretical) promotion rival and why are we not protected contractually from him jumping ship mid summer transfer window to a rival? If we are not and/or Zoe is calling the shots on these decisions then it just once again shows how the club has been left exposed by too much power in the hands of the two couples. Even the bloke who we are told has allegedly been advising the board is a mate of theirs with very strong links to Leeds United so that again is worrying. 

Oh Jim.

Only you could spend 2 years talking about how much you despise Webber and want him out of the club only to then pre-criticise the club on the off-chance he...leaves the club.

Never stop being you! 🙂 

• Like 1

Neeyul....it's gorra be Neeyul!....

I think Mr Adams would do a more than capable job....and at least he's played the game and at a more than decent level....

If Webbo goes I will shed tears.....

Tears of fuggen JOY!....

• Thanks 2

If Stu moves, I can see Zoe also leaving to return back to that legal firm in North Yorkshire. Ethics will be happy. someone new to communicate with! 😉 

Let's see though, its just Twitter fare at present ...

14 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

If Stu moves, I can see Zoe also leaving to return back to that legal firm in North Yorkshire. Ethics will be happy. someone new to communicate with! 😉 

Let's see though, its just Twitter fare at present ...

They're not attached at the hip, you know. Perfectly possible - indeed likely - Zoe would stay. 

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

They're not attached at the hip, you know. Perfectly possible - indeed likely - Zoe would stay. 

Oh really! It looks like that on most matchdays. Don't you think that starting a young family had something to do with Stu's appointment?

Let's hope they both exit and leave the field behind to someone with a much stronger football CV and knowledge of our Club - Neil Adams.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Oh really! It looks like that on most matchdays. Don't you think that starting a young family had something to do with Stu's appointment?

Let's hope they both exit and leave the field behind to someone with a much stronger football CV and knowledge of our Club - Neil Adams.

No I don't think Zoe Webber had any impact on Stuart Webber's appointment or subsequent retention. 

Nor do I think the fact they sit together at the games a factor towards anything. Absolute guff from fans who want to make something from nothing.

36 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Farke is free at the moment.......

just saying......

I really really really hope we don't hire Farke as a Sporting Director. I get the romance of it but...

He's almost entirely unproven in the role

He would be a lead weight around any new managers neck. The second results weren't right you'd have the crowd chanting for Farke to return to the dugout. It has a recipe to create a completely toxic atmosphere.

The only way I'd be comfortable with Farke in an SD role is if he took the job elsewhere first and was very clear that he has no interest in being a manager/coach anymore. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I really really really hope we don't hire Farke as a Sporting Director. I get the romance of it but...

He's almost entirely unproven in the role

He would be a lead weight around any new managers neck. The second results weren't right you'd have the crowd chanting for Farke to return to the dugout. It has a recipe to create a completely toxic atmosphere.

The only way I'd be comfortable with Farke in an SD role is if he took the job elsewhere first and was very clear that he has no interest in being a manager/coach anymore. 

We're not going to hire Farke as anything. Pay no attention to idiot fans who would rather installed failures to positions they're not qualified or experienced for. They're fantasist lunatics with no grasp on reality.

Stuart Webber has been sensitive at the "abuse" he has received from Norwich fans.

He's going to Leeds.

That thin-skin of his is going to need to thicken fast if he heads up there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

No I don't think Zoe Webber had any impact on Stuart Webber's appointment or subsequent retention. 

Nor do I think the fact they sit together at the games a factor towards anything. Absolute guff from fans who want to make something from nothing.

I am not suggesting she was part of the official appointment process nonetheless I believe we heard it in her own words at one point that she made the suggestion. I guess many people in her situation at the time would do exactly that. In a sense it would be foolish not to when considering the amount of time and attention that toddlers need.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

If he goes will it be as a ‘ Mr 90% ‘ ?

Perhaps Leeds will insist otherwise?

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Stuart Webber has been sensitive at the "abuse" he has received from Norwich fans.

He's going to Leeds.

That thin-skin of his is going to need to thicken fast if he heads up there.

Damned straight. If he says or does anything to wind them up, he'll more than know about it. 

Certainly a lot happening on the rumour mill this morning to suggest that cogs are turning.

I would be surprised if Webber is able to leave before the Attansio’s have taken over, suspect golden hand cuffs are in place.  Depending when that occurs and the conditions attached to the golden handcuffs he will disappear at that point.  The Leeds situation must be appealing.

Just now, Old Shuck said:

Damned straight. If he says or does anything to wind them up, he'll more than know about it. 

The bloke couldn't keep his head in front of a few virgins saying the odd swear word whilst holding a bedsheet.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I'm sure if he did go he won't go straight away. I think Kieran Scott had to wait until after the transfer window and I'd imagine this would be similar.

Farke would be great, I am not sure the sporting director role is a better role than head coach, also different skill set.

2 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Yeah I think this will be huge test for him.

Maybe he's learned his lesson and will stay more 'behind the scenes' than he has done here, a new club will allow him a fresh start in that respect. But if he's going to be front and centre as the clubs mouthpiece he'll be crucified if he talks about the fans the way he has done here.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Certainly a lot happening on the rumour mill this morning to suggest that cogs are turning.

Not sure about that. A far as I can see it is one claim by one person on one site that is now being simply repeated without being independently checked out.

Edited by PurpleCanary

20 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

We're not going to hire Farke as anything. Pay no attention to idiot fans who would rather installed failures to positions they're not qualified or experienced for. They're fantasist lunatics with no grasp on reality.

So Farke was a failure at Norwich.........it must have been some lunatic fantasy some of us had that we won the championship twice with him in charge....

• Like 2