tsj1999

Last min Stu interview predictions

What do you think our glorius leader will say in the interview? My guess

• fans are bad
  • covid bad
  • back david

He is on a hiding to nothing whatever he says will be wrong or twisted that way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think the lights will dim, there'll be a drum roll, and he'll strut in to the room to the tune of 'Hey, big spender' and do a strip-tease until he's wearing nothing but crotchless panties and a mountaineering harness. Then, when the music stops, he'll clip a rope onto a desk, dive out of the window, abseil down to the street screaming "Sorry Delia, I can't stand any more of your apple strudel. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs!" and run off never to be seen again.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

He is on a hiding to nothing whatever he says will be wrong or twisted that way.

Don't be so defensive about the Club. Each to their own opinion but to constantly make out that everything is OK is plainly naive. 

Webber has done most things wrong in the last two years. Forget the previous two or three.

This is football. Only success counts anymore. So you have to have an SD as apparently a Coach cannot manage anymore. The man coaching the team doesn't necessarily choose his players.

So our demise is down to him and him alone. He chose Smith. He chose Wagner. Hayden, Ramsey, Rashica, Tzolis, Sargent, Gibson, Giannoulis et al were his choices. 

So whatever he has to say, he has to start with an apology.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

As Connor Southwell wrote, objectively the club finished this season in a worse position than when Stuart Webber was initially brought in.

So it's hard to see what he can say.

This is why I think someone else higher up should be the spokesperson for the club.

But then, I'm logical.

• Thanks 1

He'll probably start with an apology..."I'm sorry for just being too damn fabulous, although I'm wasted at a club where my enormous talent is obviously not appreciated."🤩😅

Apples

"We have a mountain to climb. Oh sorry, I meant, I have a mountain to climb" 

• Haha 1

I wonder how many other clubs up and down the country are so eagerly awaiting a statement or whatever from the Sporting Director?

It just feels a bit wrong that one person has so much control and influence.

Imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I wonder how many other clubs up and down the country are so eagerly awaiting a statement or whatever from the Sporting Director?

It's only a few of us on a forum, I don't think it's all that big for most supporters is it?  I've not even spoken about it with any of my mates this week.

• Like 1

Dear Stu:-

A quick poem before you begin:

"You make life a fairy tale… Grimm!

You’ve got this slippery quality
It makes me think of phlegm
And a dual personality
I hate both of them

Your bad mouth, vamps disaster, destruction, and decline,

and the job you have done just 'aint at all pretty.

Please, please, please, take yourself away from our Norwich City."

With inspiration and words from and apologies to J C-C.

Edited by BroadstairsR

32 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Imo.

But his wife is in charge of Vision and Strategy.  Or at least she is claiming the salary for it.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Imo.

I much prefer having a SD over giving power to managers (something that Webber has done often re: transfers). I'm not even necessarily opposed to Webber having as much control as he does, he's probably got a wider remit than any other SD in the country. My problem with him is that, just like a manager, results do the talking. 

We need the right type of players, 100% committed ( not like 90% me ) to getting this club promoted. 

"Yes I do know the world's best marathon time for a 60 year old is less than 2 hours 30min but its just not reasonable to expect our highly paid 20 something year old show ponies to display that level of speed, grit and fitness."

12 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

As Connor Southwell wrote, objectively the club finished this season in a worse position than when Stuart Webber was initially brought in.

So it's hard to see what he can say.

This is why I think someone else higher up should be the spokesperson for the club.

But then, I'm logical.

Unfortunately he made a rod for his own back by riding in on his high horse and utterly criticising the previous regime for putting the club where it was! His first four seasons built the foundations, unfortunately his past two years have been abysmal and his attitude is of a mega egotistical, never my fault, you’re lucky to have me attitude rubs some people up the wrong way, especially when he’s failed so magnificently and as highlighted putting the club back to square 1 and possibly worse!

That said, if we have a change at top with a new owner who take control and apply standards and goals to be met, then Webber might perform better. Unfortunately I think the core of coaches, scouts and other back room members have left for pastures new and we’re left with the also rans, hopefully Wagner can build a good back room team to get success on the pitch, but I wouldn’t hold my breath with the set up as it is!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Imo.

It's the fans on here and twitter that are seemingly absolutely desperate for him to speak, as if it changes anything.

My prediction is plenty on here are absolutely gagging for the chance to be offended by something, will take a line or two out of context and paste it all over this forum.

Personally, can't wait. 😄  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's the fans on here and twitter that are seemingly absolutely desperate for him to speak, as if it changes anything.

My prediction is plenty on here are absolutely gagging for the chance to be offended by something, will take a line or two out of context and paste it all over this forum.

My prediction is that you will (as ever) defend him again regardless of what is said. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It’s true SOME fans are desperate for him to speak, as we all should be really Hogs, I mean if the club want to be considered transparent and open with the fans there should be some form of reflection on the past season and an update on the position of the club going into the summer. 

I agree though there will be some waiting on another 90% commitment statement which in hindsight looks to have coincided with the massive fall from form on and off the pitch.

The key for me is he’s a guy with the tools to turn us around and Wagner possibly is the right man too, he fits us well, but fit and form on the pitch are two different things.

Hopefully we might see changes at top level with more focus and pressure applied on Webber to get results, no miracle promotion but an upturn on performance next year and a rebuild to see if we can gain success again.

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

I agree though there will be some waiting on another 90% commitment statement which in hindsight looks to have coincided with the massive fall from form on and off the pitch.

Playing Devil's advocate:

If you take a more sympathetic view to what he was saying, It could also have been his way of signalling that there's too much on his shoulders and he needed an outlet and mental space for himself - and if the club weren't willing to accept that then he had to get out.

That also ties up, and what's worse is that this club have seen more support staff leave than come on board.  Not to mention the attention that he's been having to give in regards to the Attanasio deals going on behind the scenes.

It may be that he doesn't want the world to know he was breaking.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

My prediction is that you will (as ever) defend him again regardless of what is said. 

Nah I'll probably laugh at fans who get all butt-hurt about something big mean Stu said though.

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s true SOME fans are desperate for him to speak, as we all should be really Hogs, I mean if the club want to be considered transparent and open with the fans there should be some form of reflection on the past season and an update on the position of the club going into the summer. 

Hopefully we might see changes at top level with more focus and pressure applied on Webber to get results, no miracle promotion but an upturn on performance next year and a rebuild to see if we can gain success again.

I just think those who are seriously anti-webber aren't going to change just because he does an interview. It doesn't matter what he says - he's said in his last 2 consecutive interviews that he takes responsibility but if you look on this forum, one of the biggest criticisms is he never takes responsibility!

I'm not, actually, passionate about if he stays or leaves. I think if the Americans are coming on board in a more meaningful way then they should have some say in it. If they think there's someone more equipped for the job then superb! For me, I think it'd be hard to find a better replacement.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nah I'll probably laugh at fans who get all butt-hurt about something big mean Stu said though.

I just think those who are seriously anti-webber aren't going to change just because he does an interview. It doesn't matter what he says - he's said in his last 2 consecutive interviews that he takes responsibility but if you look on this forum, one of the biggest criticisms is he never takes responsibility!

I'm not, actually, passionate about if he stays or leaves. I think if the Americans are coming on board in a more meaningful way then they should have some say in it. If they think there's someone more equipped for the job then superb! For me, I think it'd be hard to find a better replacement.

Indeed, but taking responsibility on the face of it and rolling out a plan on the restructuring to give those of us sensible enough to understand Webber is a decent DOF when focused and Wagner fits this club, so want him to succeed, might appease the majority. As you say there are always a small fraction of fans who just want blood, that’s just the human race not just our fan base.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Your apparent love in for the Webber (s) seems at odds with your seeming distaste for so many of your fellow fans who post on this forum and elsewhere.

There's nothing wrong with being generally supportive of the hierarchy at Carrow Road, and there is always worth in appreciating some balance, but it is those fans who, for the most part, spend their hard-earned money on supporting the team whilst the Webbers of our world are very highly paid individuals whose roles can be questioned, if for nothing more, by the very unpalatable sight of our club being in disarray before our very eyes. 

Nobody would look for "the chance to be offended" if there was the slightest evidence of a job being well done rather than so badly bungled. Nobody is entitled (that old chestnut,) but all need positives while the irrefutable evidence, marked surely by such a rapid decline in fortunes and the general pessimism of the supporters, indicates that change is needed.

The status quo is not conceivable and, imo, would be more rigorously threatened if it wasn't for the glimmer of light promised by the American involvement.

Without that, it would be grim with knobs on.  

P.S. I've just noted some of your latest contribution. Are you amused by the concern some of your fellow fans have for the direction the club is taking? 

"Nah I'll probably laugh at fans who get all butt-hurt about something big mean Stu said though."

****!

.Did you erect your own pedestal, or did you get it flat packed from IKEA?

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Imo.

Or 2 families! 

14 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Your apparent love in for the Webber (s) seems at odds with your seeming distaste for so many of your fellow fans who post on this forum and elsewhere.

*deleted the rest because it's just full of pretty poor insults in my direction*

If you don't think a set of fans on here will take a couple of lines out of context and make it all about how offensive Stuart Webber is to them, then that's your prerogative. 

Maybe read all my posts, rather than one's that suit the agenda you wish to push right now. If the Americans think they can get someone better than Webber in, I'm all for it. 

I don't think this interview makes a jot of difference to 90% (intended) of fans who are anti-webber. They don't like him and that's all that matters. That's their choice.

I think the club should be talking to fans but the fact it's Webber just gives those same fans more opportunity. 

As a fan who goes to games, all I really care about is that we get it right next season. I don't care if that means Stuart Webber gets paid 2x more, gets paid 2x less, get's replaced, get's promoted, climbs a mountain or goes to Centre Parcs for a weekend instead.

• Like 2