Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Ross McCrorie was on his way..

Thankfully I don't need to read the article to tell that Bristol City have supposedly beat us to his signature. Clearly wasn't injured enough to come here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AJ said:

Thankfully I don't need to read the article to tell that Bristol City have supposedly beat us to his signature. Clearly wasn't injured enough to come here!

Clearly he turned up, looked at soccerbot and said "nah"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bomber said:

Yeah Soccerbot at a cost of whatever seems to have really helped our team 

I’ve yet to see any pictures of our first team using it

Pity, he was probably scared off in case he was labelled the new Kenny McLean. 😁

Apples

• Haha 1

Why is he going to Bristol City when both Norwich and WBA were interested? Doesn't make sense. Must be a guarantee for first team football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Why is he going to Bristol City when both Norwich and WBA were interested? Doesn't make sense. Must be a guarantee for first team football.

Doesn't mean it's true either... 

6 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Probably a hard working footballer who didn't fancy **** footing training session in the cosy club of Colney! 

The Pink un police are out today so will change my **** to Pussycat ! 👮😂

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But then we got beat by Bristol of all clubs. Good going Webber!

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23525713.norwich-city-transfer-news-bristol-city-win-race-ross-mccrorie/

Wait a minute... On 1 thread, the Scottish Premier league (aside from the top 2) is equivalent to League 1 and we should take no notice of how well an ex-player is doing.

And on this one Stuart Webber has failed by not signing a player nobody has ever heard of from said league?

Make your f***ing mind up you absolute attention wh*re.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

You have all got it wrong- reports are Delia cooked him a meat pie but alas he wanted vegetarian pie with chips - that was it - Im not coming over now he stated- plus the crust was far to dry and flaky- Webber tried to throw in a custard pie- but alas it hit him between the eyes- 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Wait a minute... On 1 thread, the Scottish Premier league (aside from the top 2) is equivalent to League 1 and we should take no notice of how well an ex-player is doing.

And on this one Stuart Webber has failed by not signing a player nobody has ever heard of from said league?

Make your f***ing mind up you absolute attention wh*re.

Thats the point rhat you're  missing Dutcho , Cambridgeo  doesnt have a mind or an opinion, just repeats what he reads, harmless as its footy. Dangerous if it was anything serious. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

Rather have Ross McCormack… 

He's still trapped inside his home with his defective gates.

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Are you being serious?

That'll be a first for him Hoggy.

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

Yeah Soccerbot at a cost of whatever seems to have really helped our team 

To be fair our passing stats are generally very good. We had the 4 highest number of progressive passes and carries this season. We had the 4th highest number of passes, attempts and accuracy % at 78.6%. The third highest distance covered by passing and the 4th most progressive (forward passing). We also had the highest number of chances created per 90.

Shooting however, the 8th worst % shots on target, from the joint 5th highest number of shots taken says it all. 

• Like 1

Others have told us that Scottish football is so poor (apparently or else Todd wouldn't be successful) so why would we want any player from there.

You're not fooling me.

Google says he's a defensive midfielder. And we all know we don't play defensive midfielders.

Fake news!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

This. I assume you are right or maybe Bristol just really wanted him and were prepared to go all out.

I’m not going to worry if we miss out on a target personally, if it becomes a pattern that will be a concern.

The fact we have apparently landed Barnes despite others interest shows we can land targets we want, but you can’t win them all.

Always think the mark of a good transfer is the reaction of the fans of the club he's leaving behind. Well....

337059535_Screenshot_20230516-1621433.thumb.png.ab35180d388e060bd07f93d5ebf0e08d.png

A quick read showed a spread of views but most are not terribly bothered. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Others have told us that Scottish football is so poor (apparently or else Todd wouldn't be successful) so why would we want any player from there.

In even in the most untidy of fields , roses can grow among the weeds. 

Edited by TheGoogler

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

If this was our A list - heaven help us when we end up - as we often seem to- on the C list again. 

I don't see strong evidence we were even interested. The reports say Bristol beat financially stronger sides and say Norwich and West Brom we're interested. Says nothing about Norwich being the side they outbid.

Could be wrong of course and I know you like a moan, so whinge on my friend.

Edited by TheGoogler
  • Haha 2

If we were actually involved, which sounds tenuous anyway, I'd suggest we had 'cheap punt' in mind as a back up. Either way Bristol were clearly more ready to commit the money to it.

Transfers don't work linearly as many seem to think.