Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Deja vu Dean Smith

Poor old Leicester are finding out that Dean Smith doesn't have the character to deal with a relegation fight.

Dull, boring no charisma and can't instil a do or die attitude in his players.

When interviewed after the Liverpool defeat he said he got his tactics right but it was the players fault. ( they were probably half asleep from his pre match brief)

He even went on to say that two of the Liverpool goals were fortunate because the strikers were barely on side. What a tool

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Poor old Leicester are finding out that Dean Smith doesn't have the character to deal with a relegation fight.

Dull, boring no charisma and can't instil a do or die attitude in his players.

When interviewed after the Liverpool defeat he said he got his tactics right but it was the players fault. ( they were probably half asleep from his pre match brief)

He even went on to say that two of the Liverpool goals were fortunate because the strikers were barely on side. What a tool

Seems to be a recurring theme this, even though he hasn't been our manager for a while. Really smacks of trying to convince yourself that there's no way we'd have been promoted if he'd stayed now we know changing as per your wishes wasn't going to answer anything and cost us millions in compensation for no benefit.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

To be fair there is no way wed have been promoted with Dean at the helm.

The fact that Wagner hasnt pulled up any trees doesnt change the fact that we wouldbt have gone up under Dean. 

It was worth a roll of the dice given the riches on offer. It hasnt worked out yet but we had to change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canario said:

The fact that Wagner hasnt pulled up any trees doesnt change the fact that we wouldbt have gone up under Dean. 

It was worth a roll of the dice given the riches on offer. It hasnt worked out yet but we had to change.

To be fair, that's completely impossible to know, which is probably what's nagging you all so much that you keep going on about him now that changing has proved a failure.

The roll of the dice was just additional disruption and a change in direction yet again mid season. It was never going to work, and really shouldn't have been a consideration short of looking like we were heading for relegation, which we weren't.

Managerial change mid-season is a desperation move. If you're not desperate, it's stupid.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

6 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

To be fair, that's completely impossible to know, which is probably what's nagging you all so much that you keep going on about him now that changing has proved a failure.

The roll of the dice was just additional disruption and a change in direction yet again mid season. It was never going to work, and really shouldn't have been a consideration short of looking like we were heading for relegation, which we weren't.

Managerial change mid-season is a desperation move. If you're not desperate, it's stupid.

You're the one who seems to be going on about him. To most of us on here, he was rubbish, we're glad he's gone, and we're debating whether Wagner should go the same way (at the moment that's a no from me, unless Webber goes, in which case everything should be reconsidered).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the worst coaches in our history and we have had the rodent and gunn!!

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

To be fair, that's completely impossible to know

It is also impossible to know that we wouldn't have gotten relegated under Smith.

All we can is look at the evidence, none of which pointed to us going up with Smith (or down obviously, I'm just being hyperbolic).

• Like 2

Seems to be a recurring theme this, even though he hasn't been our manager for a while. Really smacks of trying to convince yourself that there's no way we'd have been promoted if he'd stayed now we know changing as per your wishes wasn't going to answer anything and cost us millions in compensation for no benefit.

I'm not someone who harbours any particular malice towards Dean Smith, I just think it was a bad match and we move on. 

However, he is still part of the zeitgeist of this season. It warrants discussion. And what is interesting about the game last night is how it followed almost exactly the same pattern as it did with us.

First 10 minutes, Leicester looked full of energy and like they might pull something off; fans on social media were saying 'wow, where has this LCFC been all season?!'. They then ran out of steam, conceded a goal through poor defending and then an instant second whilst they were reeling. They produced no chances of note and the fans booed them off the pitch both 45s.

Change the names and you could near enough apply that exactly to our performances in the majority under DS. Perhaps his style is simply unsuitable to teams in a negative situation?

Or perhaps the recurring theme is that Smith adds more and more evidence that he isn't a manager capable of changing team's performances around.

Honestly, you are this board's equivalent of one of  those Japanese soldiers in the Burmese jungle still fighting WWII years after it ended out of some misguided sense of duty and because they deny all evidence to the contrary.  Your tenacity is to be admired, but it's probably time to let it go and move on with the rest of the world.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Warnock and Hodgson made the difference this season coming in half way through - appointed because they have proven in the past they can come in half way through a season and do a job.  Smith walked in to Leicester on the back of proving he couldn't do a job. Crazy.

• Like 1

I don’t think the Leicester fans want Deano to plot a promotion campaign next season. Their message board is quite a read at the moment. 

29 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I don’t think the Leicester fans want Deano to plot a promotion campaign next season. Their message board is quite a read at the moment. 

Surely there must be someone saying he deserves a transfer window because he hasn't got his own players?

The Fulham result was the more terrible of recent results. With the squad Leicester have I'd have thought just a little new, fresh motivation might have been enough to get them over the line but they're not looking any better for having made the change.

9 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Surely there must be someone saying he deserves a transfer window because he hasn't got his own players?

Have a look. 

Mind you Maddison looked as good for them as Cantwell did for us, just looks like he’s not bothered.

But typical Smith stood on the sidelines hands on pockets never talking to the players, changed nothing and looked happy to pick up his payment for relegating yet another team! He’s got zero charisma and you can see why players lack motivation under his leadership!

So unless by some miracle they can beat West Ham who will be on the beach and send Everton down then Smith will have two relegations on his cv.

8 hours ago, Canario said:

There’s NO way any Manager in Europe would have got this bunch of players promoted 

The present team are lower Championship at best

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Mind you Maddison looked as good for them as Cantwell did for us, just looks like he’s not bothered.

To be fair I only caught the very end of the match last night so can't personally comment but the Sky commentators made several specific references to the fact that Maddison looked to be one of the few who had really been trying to drag Leicester into the game and evidently did care.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

To be fair I only caught the very end of the match last night so can't personally comment but the Sky commentators made several specific references to the fact that Maddison looked to be one of the few who had really been trying to drag Leicester into the game and evidently did care.

He was surrounded by 3 red shirts for the majority of the game....and took a few 'whacks'....

4 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

He was poor on the ball, slow in speed and generally disinterested not the madders we know by a long way. Comparing him with the rest of the Leicester team yes he was probably one of their better players but that’s no endorsement, certainly not the player we know he is. I watched the entire game.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Warnock and Hodgson made the difference this season coming in half way through - appointed because they have proven in the past they can come in half way through a season and do a job.  Smith walked in to Leicester on the back of proving he couldn't do a job. Crazy.

Both are brilliant 'man managers' whereas simply Smith isn't.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

He was poor on the ball, slow in speed and generally disinterested not the madders we know by a long way. Comparing him with the rest of the Leicester team yes he was probably one of their better players but that’s no endorsement, certainly not the player we know he is. I watched the entire game.

As I said - I didn't so was just referring to the commentary.  

On a related note, Smith apparently thinks it'll be a achievement if he can keep them up with this group of players...

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1658093163284668416?t=FFCRMy3Jg3f8dR9PPGrrMw&s=19

22 minutes ago, daly said:

There’s NO way any Manager in Europe would have got this bunch of players promoted 

The present team are lower Championship at best

Well, yes, have you seen the league table?

In fact, you could rephrase that, we are the best of the lower Championship.

1 minute ago, Barham Blitz said:

As I said - I didn't so was just referring to the commentary.  

On a related note, Smith apparently thinks it'll be a achievement if he can keep them up with this group of players...

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1658093163284668416?t=FFCRMy3Jg3f8dR9PPGrrMw&s=19

Terrible thing to say with two games to go! That’s motivating them! Not My Fault Guv!

He’s a charlatan and those appointed him need their heads tested! That team is far stronger than we had, it’s full of good players and I agree with what has been said above Hodgson would have saved them comfortably, again they should have stayed with Rodger’s he had more of a chance keeping them up! I still think Everton need a win as I said West Ham will be on the beach last game of the season might be an easy game for Leicester players.

• Like 1

I think that Leicester squad is better than a relegation side, so when they appointed Smith I thought he'd probably be able to keep them up, given I think they were just a point below safety at that point. 

Even now they're only 2 points below safety.  Any of Leicester, Leeds and Everton can still escape, it's all about who pulls out the results in the last 2 games.

Their next game is Newcastle away, can't see them getting much from that, they're in massive trouble. I would have preferred Leeds and Everton to go down, but its still amusing watching Smith prove once again how useless he is.

• Haha 1