ridgeman

Leeds considering Webber

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Considering all of this why would Leeds want him?

That's the question? will they or just speculation.......the latter me thinks.

He was watching grassroots football this morning on the pitch next to my boy's team that I coach and he had a little glance over a few times.

One of my forwards had an absolute mare.

I suspect he'll sign him.

Does anyone know that Far Side cartoon where the dog is hiding behind the corner and the cat is looking at a washing machine which has an arrow and a sign saying 'Cat Fud'?

Oh please, oh please ...

• Haha 1

Anyone else think that the “Webber to Leeds” is now not happening?

Why would he risk a new job with the club he supports by selling Max to Bournemouth from under their noses at the 11th hour?

Maybe he’s a professional and still giving his 90% to us while working his notice, maybe he’s the bullish Webber trying to prove to them he can do a cut throat job. 

Or maybe he knows that ship has sailed and wanted to get one over on them?

Personally, I think when Farke was employed that’s when the Leeds job opportunity closed for Stuart. 

Wonder where he ends up now?

7 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

Why would he risk a new job with the club he supports by selling Max to Bournemouth from under their noses at the 11th hour?

Maybe he’s a professional and still giving his 90% to us while working his notice, maybe he’s the bullish Webber trying to prove to them he can do a cut throat job. 

Personally, I think when Farke was employed that’s when the Leeds job opportunity closed for Stuart. 

Don't think Maxs u turn was anything to  do with Webber.

He was in Leeds having his medical when his agent got a call to say B'mouth had matched Leeds offer, Max decided he wanted to talk to them before signing anything at Leeds, the rest is history.

Re Webber, i wouldnt be surprised if hes still here in 2024 but im just guessing

3 minutes ago, Diane said:

He was in Leeds having his medical

Not true, things never got that far.

If Webber does go to Leeds he won't have complete control like he does at CR.

12 minutes ago, Diane said:

Don't think Maxs u turn was anything to  do with Webber.

He was in Leeds having his medical when his agent got a call to say B'mouth had matched Leeds offer, Max decided he wanted to talk to them before signing anything at Leeds, the rest is history.

Re Webber, i wouldnt be surprised if hes still here in 2024 but im just guessing

Thant's nonsense Diane.

Bournemouth would have to agree the deal, payment terms, any sell on clause, with Norwich and Webber before allowing Max to speak to them.

Sure, the agent may have had a lot to do with it by touting his client around, but Webber and the club would have been the driving force behind any sale.

Agent - "Hello Stuart, we're on the way to Leeds soon, but Bournemouth have called so we're going to go there instead. They'll match the deal."

Webber - "Oh, OK then, just sort it between yourselves."

I’m not sure it would have any impact on him getting a job there. After all, it shows that’s he’s savvy and didn’t sell to a direct divisional rival.

17 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

Thant's nonsense Diane.

Bournemouth would have to agree the deal, payment terms, any sell on clause, with Norwich and Webber before allowing Max to speak to them.

Sure, the agent may have had a lot to do with it by touting his client around, but Webber and the club would have been the driving force behind any sale.

Agent - "Hello Stuart, we're on the way to Leeds soon, but Bournemouth have called so we're going to go there instead. They'll match the deal."

Webber - "Oh, OK then, just sort it between yourselves."

Yep, now Ive read my post back I agree it sounds nonsense, teach me not to post when im still half asleep 😄 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

What a wonderful way to show how fair, even-handed and correct you were right up to the last minute. 

Parma 

14 minutes ago, City fan said:

Ir true, I'll drive him to Leeds. 

Why? No need to drive him anywhere as it's already been announced he's leaving.

Unless of course from a Binner perspective you think a move to Leeds is a kick in the teeth for Norwich.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Diane said:

Yep, now Ive read my post back I agree it sounds nonsense, teach me not to post when im still half asleep 😄 

Or when we’re drunk, Diane! Dangerous on a weekend to post thoughts when only half control of the brain! 😂😂 

On 06/05/2023 at 13:17, canarydan23 said:

He was watching grassroots football this morning on the pitch next to my boy's team that I coach and he had a little glance over a few times.

Hope there weren't any girls teams playing to pollute his view.

6 hours ago, Diane said:

Don’t worry about that, I do it every day. 

On 11/08/2023 at 09:55, Capt. Pants said:

Why? No need to drive him anywhere as it's already been announced he's leaving.

Unless of course from a Binner perspective you think a move to Leeds is a kick in the teeth for Norwich.

Brain dead monkies on this site. 

3 minutes ago, City fan said:

Brain dead monkies on this site. 

Do you know King Keano? He scarpered from here owing money to charity. Par for the course for you lot...

You would think that nothing is going to happen before the 1st September. Would expect something to be confirmed after then both in terms of his departure and his successor.

How would a manager take, to an ex boss, who fired him after winning away in the top flight, being hired? 

I think Webber will step away from the sporting director role into something more long term... within sport.

Does anyone think we'll miss him when he's gone?

If you take away the personality dislike I don't think he's done a bad job overall. I can see a pretty quick rehabilitation as many move to the next target.