ridgeman

Leeds considering Webber

On 06/05/2023 at 08:59, TIL 1010 said:

Don't forget his fellow Leeds supporting mate in the media team.

..Or his Liverpool supporting missus.

If Leeds get relegated they have made a 10% refund pledge for their season ticket holders. Could be a consultancy opportunity for Michael Foulger.

20 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Does anyone think we'll miss him when he's gone?

If you take away the personality dislike I don't think he's done a bad job overall. I can see a pretty quick rehabilitation as many move to the next target.

Seems to have done another good job with the squad on a limited budget. That won't go unnoticed to the rest of football should he wish to go somewhere else in the same sport.

The divorcees in the snakepit can rejoice when the day comes...until they go home to emptiness anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Seems to have done another good job with the squad on a limited budget. That won't go unnoticed to the rest of football should he wish to go somewhere else in the same sport.

The divorcees in the snakepit can rejoice when the day comes...until they go home to emptiness anyway.

Didn’t you forecast Stu would move on to a  far bigger club than Norwich when he leaves? The queue isn’t that big at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Didn’t you forecast Stu would move on to a  far bigger club than Norwich when he leaves? The queue isn’t that big at the moment. 

Interviewed by Chelsea, apparently wanted by Leeds. Both bigger clubs but since he's come out and said he'd rather go in the direction of something else it seems largely irrelevant.

Anyway, whilst you were complaining about big mean Stu on a football forum, he was out signing Barnes, Duffy, Stacey and Sainz.

Stu is a very good fit for Norwich and a club of similar (or smaller) size in terms of spending power. Arguably he hasn't done so well when more funds have been made available.

Remains to be seen if we'll miss him but Zoe eluded to the SD role being very wide at NCFC so the appointment has to be absolutely bang on. Likewise for Stu he may struggle to find as fulfilling role elsewhere in football.

Not sure about Webber’s motivation for leaving. He obviously believes he is destined for greater things beyond little Norwich and he thinks with Norwich finishing middle table in the Championship his job here is done. We all thank him for the great Club spirit he has generated with the Supporters and wish him well with his hill walking and whatever.

I paint it like this:

Ill miss him in the Championship, the guy has done pretty damn well at this level, signing a few gems, name’s escape me… Teemu someone… 

I won’t miss him in the Prem where the stakes have been higher. I think he’s twice been out of his depth and it’s shown. I understand he’s been hamstrung by money but that second time weren’t we 12th highest spending in Europe at the time?? 

If we ever get promoted again, we need a DoF that has experience of the Prem. With the eventual takeover by Mark Group, we probably wont be as short on funding to actually be able to get the players like Ajer (an example off the top of my head, not for his ability) this time around and we might even make a fist of it? 

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

First paragraph sounds fair.

Don’t know why you feel you had to add the second. Wasn’t a nice term of phrase when he made it, so why repeat it. 

I don’t sit in the snake pit btw.

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

I paint it like this:

Ill miss him in the Championship, the guy has done pretty damn well at this level, signing a few gems, name’s escape me… Teemu someone… 

I won’t miss him in the Prem where the stakes have been higher. I think he’s twice been out of his depth and it’s shown. I understand he’s been hamstrung by money but that second time weren’t we 12th highest spending in Europe at the time?? 

If we ever get promoted again, we need a DoF that has experience of the Prem. With the eventual takeover by Mark Group, we probably wont be as short on funding to actually be able to get the players like Ajer (an example off the top of my head, not for his ability) this time around and we might even make a fist of it? 

No - we weren't - not really. We spent the 12th highest total amount - but we also sold Buendia for £33 million at the same time. In terms of NET SPEND - which is what really matters - we were miles down that particular League. 

• Like 1

I don't like Webber as a person and wish him gone.

However, if he were to leave tomorrow he would still have some credit in the bank as far as I am concerned.

I've never met him, nor been employed by him, so I wouldn't know if the character traits espoused by his utterances and demeanour are a fair reflection of the man, but he does, nevertheless seem to have been given too much power by the owners. This may or may not be the case. If the former is true I suggest that it has been neither beneficial for the man nor for the club.

His wife recently stated that his passion was promoting youth. The club has certainly benefited from that.

Interviewed by Chelsea

No, he wasn't.

Anyway, whilst you were complaining about big mean Stu on a football forum, he was out signing Barnes, Duffy, Stacey and Sainz.

Well that is his job Hoggy. Maybe if he'd shut his mouth and just stuck to that a lot more people might not think he's a bit of a tw*t. He's the worst communicator I've ever seen at the club. Whichever organisation he goes to, I'd suggest the wearing of a gag should be stated in his contract.

OTBC

32 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

No, he wasn't.

Well that is his job Hoggy. Maybe if he'd shut his mouth and just stuck to that a lot more people might not think he's a bit of a tw*t. He's the worst communicator I've ever seen at the club. Whichever organisation he goes to, I'd suggest the wearing of a gag should be stated in his contract.

OTBC

I'd argue he done a pretty good job of putting some fans, note some, in their place.

Those moaning about Farkes first season and him telling us that if we couldn't see the progress we were making and what we were trying to do, that they could go support another team,  was a particular highlight when followed up by that awesome season. 😊

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'd argue he done a pretty good job of putting some fans, note some, in their place.

Those moaning about Farkes first season and him telling us that if we couldn't see the progress we were making and what we were trying to do, that they could go support another team,  was a particular highlight when followed up by that awesome season. 😊

i think that is to far for me Hog 

Many Fans have supported this club for many years ,

spent a lot of hard earned money following the club up and down the country ,

to be told to go a support another team by a employee is pretty bad if you ask me ....

he could had said we have a plan have faith in what we are trying to do etc and been less aggressive ,

How Delia and MWJ have sat quiet throughout his fans outbursts i do not know , if it was my club and i was owner i would of made him apologise to the fans .......Nobody is bigger than the club  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i think that is to far for me Hog 

Many Fans have supported this club for many years ,

spent a lot of hard earned money following the club up and down the country ,

to be told to go a support another team by a employee is pretty bad if you ask me ....

he could had said we have a plan have faith in what we are trying to do etc and been less aggressive ,

How Delia and MWJ have sat quiet throughout his fans outbursts i do not know , if it was my club and i was owner i would of made him apologise to the fans .......Nobody is bigger than the club  

Ah, for me football is a bit (a lot) different to ordinary business and the lines are blurred. 

I think fans are happy to shout "Deano you're a c*nt" but then cry when he says its easier playing away from home.

Or a fan can shout and call Webber a c*nt and then cry to the media when Stuart reacts.

Its all pretty cheap on both sides but I find it funny when one side can't take it back.

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

No, he wasn't.

OTBC

No; if you give people sh*t you should expect to get it back. That's a point in Webber's favour in my book, because he definitely didn't start it.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

First paragraph sounds fair.

Don’t know why you feel you had to add the second. Wasn’t a nice term of phrase when he made it, so why repeat it. 

I don’t sit in the snake pit btw.

Yeah, that was a bit of a howler really.

I queried on here recently why things went so sour so quickly. Although the above came a bit later, the full on 'charm offensive' by Stu and Smith certainly set the tone.

He's got more right than he's got wrong, just, but that 'just' might put some employers off.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

57 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ah, for me football is a bit (a lot) different to ordinary business and the lines are blurred. 

I think fans are happy to shout "Deano you're a c*nt" but then cry when he says its easier playing away from home.

Or a fan can shout and call Webber a c*nt and then cry to the media when Stuart reacts.

Its all pretty cheap on both sides but I find it funny when one side can't take it back.

Are you sure that the fan called him that? And are you sure he cried to the media ? Defend webber as much as you like ,but be careful when you don't have a clue. Your hero sometimes isn't as truthful as you may think. 

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

Are you sure that the fan called him that? And are you sure he cried to the media ? Defend webber as much as you like ,but be careful when you don't have a clue. Your hero sometimes isn't as truthful as you may think. 

Well he shouted where's that coont Webber. And I'm sure of that. Why do you think otherwise?

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well he shouted where's that coont Webber. And I'm sure of that. Why do you think otherwise?

Nutty Nigel , how sure are you? Because I can 100 percent tell you he didn't say that. So how are you sure of that ? 

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

No; if you give people sh*t you should expect to get it back. That's a point in Webber's favour in my book, because he definitely didn't start it.

So you think telling fans if you don't like it go and support another team,  wasn't going to upset fans? Especially a club where the fans mainly follow them because it's their home club who their families have supported for generations. Personally I except we are a mid championship club if we do any better we have achieved something. He has never understood the Norwich fanbase and gradually he has virtually annoyed everyone.  It wouldn't surprise me if the women's team comments wasn't the last straw. 

22 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Nutty Nigel , how sure are you? Because I can 100 percent tell you he didn't say that. So how are you sure of that ? 

The guy said so himself. And apologised. Came out of it with more credit than Webber who appeared to want to fight him...

I totally agree that Webber falls short with his comments. This has gone on since I was 10 listening to the zigger zigger chants directed at Geoffrey Watling. Webber should find a way to deal with it like all those before him. But I'm also aware that it's 2023 and much of this type of abuse is unacceptable. As it should be.

Regardless of personality I think Webber has done a good job overall. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

So you think telling fans if you don't like it go and support another team,  wasn't going to upset fans? Especially a club where the fans mainly follow them because it's their home club who their families have supported for generations. Personally I except we are a mid championship club if we do any better we have achieved something. He has never understood the Norwich fanbase and gradually he has virtually annoyed everyone.  It wouldn't surprise me if the women's team comments wasn't the last straw. 

Many Norwich fans are just as you describe; that comment clearly wasn't directed at them, so I don't see why fans with that mindset should have been upset. It was clearly directed at those who consistently attack the club for not establishing itself in the premier League in spite of the club's best efforts.

Anyway, he's off soon so who cares?

56 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

F*k off up your mountain, f*k off up your mountain...

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The guy said so himself. And apologised. Came out of it with more credit than Webber who appeared to want to fight him...

I totally agree that Webber falls short with his comments. This has gone on since I was 10 listening to the zigger zigger chants directed at Geoffrey Watling. Webber should find a way to deal with it like all those before him. But I'm also aware that it's 2023 and much of this type of abuse is unacceptable. As it should be.

Regardless of personality I think Webber has done a good job overall. 

The fan didn't use the c word,  it was people round him, the fan apologised for using the f word with youngsters around. People tried to spin it who were connected with the club and one person was made to remove his spin on twitter. Webber didn't want a fight but he certainly came out to confront and have his say , which shouldn't have been a problem and wouldn't have been if someone hadn't of recorded half of the incident. What people miss in his article before that game was him telling the media they begged him to stay and he was ready to leave, to me that came across as arrogance at a time when we were absolutely rubbish and as the fan said embarrassing. The Newcastle game was so important and we didn't have a team that could remotely compete. Webber had used Farke as his scape goat and chucked away everything they built and the direction we were going in. Webber did good things , but he has now taken us back to where we were just like everyone else did. He's not an angel and certainly gives as good as he gets , I am sure that fan respected him for it 😉 

2 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

The fan didn't use the c word,  it was people round him, the fan apologised for using the f word with youngsters around. People tried to spin it who were connected with the club and one person was made to remove his spin on twitter. Webber didn't want a fight but he certainly came out to confront and have his say , which shouldn't have been a problem and wouldn't have been if someone hadn't of recorded half of the incident. What people miss in his article before that game was him telling the media they begged him to stay and he was ready to leave, to me that came across as arrogance at a time when we were absolutely rubbish and as the fan said embarrassing. The Newcastle game was so important and we didn't have a team that could remotely compete. Webber had used Farke as his scape goat and chucked away everything they built and the direction we were going in. Webber did good things , but he has now taken us back to where we were just like everyone else did. He's not an angel and certainly gives as good as he gets , I am sure that fan respected him for it 😉 

"Webber Webber you're a c*nt, Webber Webber you're a c*nt".

Your 100% seems to be worth a lot less than Webber's 90%...

5 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

So what did that fan say😉

6 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Why you showing that?

Don't be ridiculous. The discussion is not about whether or not one specific fan was throwing abuse; abuse was thrown, and the cu*t has been thrown at him name times by many fans, not just one.

Enough with the absurd denial tactics.

3 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Are you sure that the fan called him that? And are you sure he cried to the media ? Defend webber as much as you like ,but be careful when you don't have a clue. Your hero sometimes isn't as truthful as you may think

Webber may not be a hero at all, but he's done far more for the club than that fan has. But it is also his job soooo