Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

30 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Still all quiet on Andy O but hard to thing those extended waves on Tuesday didn’t mean anything 

Extended waves yes, but if you watch him after PP scored, AO ran over with a jumping fist pump. May well have just been passion but it didnt look like a player who was about to leave.

34 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Idah has 2 and an assist in 88 League minutes

Idah could score 25 in 20 games and some "supporters" would still say he needs replacing...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Idah could score 25 in 20 games and some "supporters" would still say he needs replacing...

Let’s hope we find out. 

Daka meant to be leaving Leicester on loan for AC Milan. Probably firms up the rumour that Leicester are in for Cannon. 

My early prediction: no one comes in with an offer over 10 million so Omo stays and we pick up a striker who hasn’t been mentioned yet.

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Everton grant permission for Tom Cannon medical at Leicester City as multi-million agreement reached

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/09/01/everton-grant-permission-for-tom-cannon-medical-at-leicester-city-as-multi-million-agreement-reached/

We might of been interested

but maybe not reached Everton's price ?

or player was not interested ? better wages etc ? 

6 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Everton grant permission for Tom Cannon medical at Leicester City as multi-million agreement reached

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/09/01/everton-grant-permission-for-tom-cannon-medical-at-leicester-city-as-multi-million-agreement-reached/

Shame.. this would’ve been a great signing. Very similar to Sargent and slots straight into the first 11.

Shame if Cannon goes to the foxes, 

However i would be happy with Moore if we actually are in for him and get him, decent scoring record at this level.

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

No - apparently we only discussed a loan move, and didn't make a bid for a permanent move 

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Shame.. this would’ve been a great signing. Very similar to Sargent and slots straight into the first 11.

That’s probably the issue though, a lot of money for what we a

ready effectively have. We aren’t looking for a replacement but a stop gap. Anyone thinking we are going to be dropping serious money is in for a surprise. All the reports so far speak of us looking for a loan deal, largely because ultimately the club want Sargent back in due course and aren’t try to buy his full time replacement,

Just now, HazzaJet said:

No - apparently we only discussed a loan move, and didn't make a bid for a permanent move 

Quite so, according to journos, though I doubt it will read like that when people look back on it in years to come - along the lines of £7m for Wildschutt, £5m for Hugill etc etc.

Seems to be getting a little late to complete any significant incoming now. I would be seriously surprised if we brought anyone in that was worth a first team place. 
The underlying pattern of the activity and messages from Carra does seem to emphasise how tight the finances are, right now - certainly more than I thought / hoped. Still, probably shouldn’t be a surprise if some of the rumours about our wage bill last season were true.

I guess we go with what we’ve got. Not a bad team really but probably needs an adjustment in the system of play to fit a reshuffle until  Sarge returns.

ps wasn’t there a young striker coming in from Man City for the Development Squad? Did that happen.?

So once again we fail to pay good enough money and resort to panic buying from the bottom of the bucket on deadline day rather than our target as he joins a rival

Shades of Ajer all over again

The American takeover can't come soon enough

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Pink un says we only offered to loan no bid to buy was made

• Like 1

Cannon to Leicester pretty much done now, not losing any sleep over it, I'd never heard of him until 2 days ago :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So once again we fail to pay good enough wages and resort to panic buying from the bottom of the bucket rather than our target as he joins a rival

Nonsense! How much did Sara cost last season? How much did Fassnacht cost this season?

13 minutes ago, birchfest said:

That’s probably the issue though, a lot of money for what we a

ready effectively have. We aren’t looking for a replacement but a stop gap. Anyone thinking we are going to be dropping serious money is in for a surprise. All the reports so far speak of us looking for a loan deal, largely because ultimately the club want Sargent back in due course and aren’t try to buy his full time replacement,

Yeah, but the system Wagner is adopting needs another like for like replacement. Idah isn’t that player, despite scoring a couple recently. We don’t have the squad depth in terms of player type Wagner requires. 

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yeah, but the system Wagner is adopting needs another like for like replacement. Idah isn’t that player, despite scoring a couple recently. We don’t have the squad depth in terms of player type Wagner requires. 

Truth is that Idah is not a top six promotion striker and lowe is a relegation to midtable winger.

Best hope they best play at their very best the next few months or we will be slipping out of the top six 

(Yes I get it you're from the future and we won the season in first  and idah and lowe scored 20 goals each now shh stop replying to months old posts to gloat)

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

12 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Of course I have - my point - and it was very obvious - is that we've got plenty of others in the team who are in good goalscoring form at the moment. (You may have noticed that we scored 3 more after Sargent went off on Saturday).

And just for the avoidance of doubt - that's not me saying that we shouldn't sign another striker - it's just that the person I was replying to was making the startling revelation that we need to score goals. 

Ah ok, I get the point now. I would say that Josh has been excellent in other ways in the first few games so it’s his energy and determination that we will miss as much as his goal scoring.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

i think this is so strange 

a team comes in last jan willing to pay big money now nowhere to be seen even though DOF has said expects him to leave at start of window 

I suspect that was more based on Webber trying to drum up some interest and get an auction going than anything else.  There was zero chance that we were turning £20m down unless the terms were particularly odd / dependent on unlikely add-ons.

Re. The forward situation, I got really keen on Cannon after doing some t'interweb research.  There definitely looks to be a player in there.  Moore would be an acceptable stopgap but is a way more limited player.

Unfortunately I think Cannon is going to prove a bargain for Leicester.  A little something of everything in his game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So once again we fail to pay good enough money and resort to panic buying from the bottom of the bucket on deadline day rather than our target as he joins a rival

Shades of Ajer all over again

I think you are failing to recognise that players do have a say in it as well!

I suspect we were interested in a loan or may be purchase but reality is Leicester could probably offer Everton more money and just as importantly offer the player more wages and a more likely return to the premier league (despite our very decent start).

Taking off the yellow and green specs even if we were offering same wages wouldnt you choose Leicester over us given the more likely prospect of premier league football next season

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Truth is that Idah is not a top six promotion striker and lowe is a relegation to midtable winger.

Best hope they best play at their very best the next few months or we will be slipping out of the top six 

(Yes I get it you're from the future and we won the season in first  and idah and lowe scored 20 goals each now shh stop replying to months old posts to gloat)

i would say Idah has not been a top 6 striker in the past 

his form at the moment is a top six stiker 2 goals and assist ,

problem is is this the new Idah ? or will he go back to Idah we have seen in the past ? 

he has never had a run of games to prove he can do it in this position 

so basically  does Wagner and webber trust him enough to fill in or do they sign a replacement and Idah is still on bench ? 

4 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

I suspect that was more based on Webber trying to drum up some interest and get an auction going than anything else.  There was zero chance that we were turning £20m down unless the terms were particularly odd / dependent on unlikely add-ons.

Re. The forward situation, I got really keen on Cannon after doing some t'interweb research.  There definitely looks to be a player in there.  Moore would be an acceptable stopgap but is a way more limited player.

Unfortunately I think Cannon is going to prove a bargain for Leicester.  A little something of everything in his game.

i totally Agree when i did a search of Cannon i thought his goals reminds me so much of Sargents goals that's why i thought he would be ideal replacement 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Truth is that Idah is not a top six promotion striker

Truth is, you don't know that. Truth is, many posters on this site not so long ago claimed Sargent couldn't hit a barn door. Truth is, no one predicted Rowe would have scored 5 in 5. Truth is ...

• Like 4

People complain when we get called “little old Norwich” but this just goes to show why. Picking off the freebies of other teams and hoping that a gem will come through from the youngsters. Luckily a real jewel has but why couldn’t we have just splashed out on Tom Cannon who could in the end turn out to be a bargain. A few days ago we were linked to several really good players but we should’ve known, the clubs purse must be empty so we go for more other clubs fringe players. Time will tell if we should’ve splashed out but I just feel we haven’t got the quality in depth. I really hope I’m proved wrong, fingers crossed 🤞 

39 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Quite so, according to journos, though I doubt it will read like that when people look back on it in years to come - along the lines of £7m for Wildschutt, £5m for Hugill etc etc.

Wildschutt was never £7m, that was confirmed ages ago. I suspect that may have been a figure after a ton of add ons etc but it was said by Alex Neil that it wasn't even close to being that much.

Equally, Hugill was £2.5m up front wasn't he? A further £2.5m on promotion or some similar split.