Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

52 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd be inclined to say thinking of them just as wingers might be slightly misplaced and you're seeing a combination of wingers and attacking midfielders that start wide-ish. Buendia started on a wing, but didn't really play like a classic winger much at all. Wouldn't be totally surprised to see Sainz (from what I've heard) or even Tzolis spend some time at number 10 or more in the hole at least.

Ah yes, but 'combination of wingers and attacking midfielders that start wide-ish roulette' is a bit wordy, so I shanked it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Ah yes, but 'combination of wingers and attacking midfielders that start wide-ish roulette' is a bit wordy, so I shanked it.

Shanked it like half of Onel's crosses? 😉

26 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

And Idah's shooting! 

There's nothing like mocking someone is there....If you can't be positive about someone why be so negative. Don't you think the players are affected by all this nonsense regarding whether they are good enough or not, I hope you don't think you are smart with all these throw away comments....because you are anything but smart. There will be people come on here saying that players earn enough money, they should take it & move on, but why should they have to take the nastiness & cheap shots. People suffering with mental health is huge, I was bullied at school & even today after many years I have to take antidepressants. Just be nice to people. 

On 21/07/2023 at 22:43, Wibble said:

By Monday 5pm we will have a new face in the building !

Oh dear! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Tbf they didn’t say which Monday 

Might of been 24 / 48 hours out 

1 minute ago, Wibble said:

Might of been 24 / 48 hours out 

Might have been speaking out of their backside like most that come on here with "ITK" information :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Might have been speaking out of their backside like most that come on here with "ITK" information :classic_wink:

Confirmed by club, so about 8/9 hours out , ya big girls blouse

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have to say I like the obvious extra physicality about us for this season. We will have very few small/slight players in our starting line up if it is as I expect it to be. Perhaps lacking a touch of flair but we should be stronger and more robust than last season and I think they look quite fit and strong in what I’ve seen so far this pre season. Really think Shakey and Smith were slack on that front. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Have to say I like the obvious extra physicality about us for this season. We will have very few small/slight players in our starting line up if it is as I expect it to be. Perhaps lacking a touch of flair but we should be stronger and more robust than last season and I think they look quite fit and strong in what I’ve seen so far this pre season. Really think Shakey and Smith were slack on that front. 

If we are going to play 442 then physicality is a must. 

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If we are going to play 442 then physicality is a must. 

At present it would be something like the below wouldn’t it? Assuming max leaves. I think he may play Barnes behind Sargent sometimes though or maybe alternate them.

Gunn

stacey Duffy Omobamidele Gianoulis 

Nunez Mclean 

Fassnacht Sara Onel

Sargent 

3 hours ago, Wibble said:

Well, the claim was: "By Monday 5pm we will have a new face in the building !"

And based on Fassnacht's description of his itinerary he has yet to get any closer to Carrow Road than London...😍

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

At present it would be something like the below wouldn’t it? Assuming max leaves. I think he may play Barnes behind Sargent sometimes though or maybe alternate them.

Gunn

Nunez Mclean 

Fassnacht Sara Onel

Sargent 

Im hoping for a Rashica second coming:

Gunn

Nunez Mclean 

Fassnacht Sara Rashica

Sargent 

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It seems Gala signing Zaha has prompted others to move for Rashica. 8m euro + "extras" offer from Fenerbache.

Think we should snap their hands off.

Its hard to have an opinion on this without knowing the full information really. If Rashica is prepared to give the club a crack again, then keep him. I wonder what additions we would have lined up if Rashica is sold for £8m? I guess we dont know that point until a later date.

3 hours ago, Wibble said:

Alright sweetheart 😘

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

If Rashica is prepared to give the club a crack again, then keep him.

But why? 

We've just signed a player to play in his position.

We're playing a system that requires hard work and a strong press - neither of which seem to be Rashica's cup of tea.

He's made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be here. I don't understand why you give players who aren't wanting to be here the time of day compared to those that do, even if they aren't as talented. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

But why? 

We're playing a system that requires hard work and a strong press - neither of which seem to be Rashica's cup of tea.

He's made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be here. I don't understand why you give players who aren't wanting to be here the time of day compared to those that do, even if they aren't as talented. 

Rashica can play an inverted forward role. He has proven last season can produce consistently if his head is in the game and provides another good starting option. This only on the basis he wants to stay, as his preferred move was Gala not elsewhere, but he would be a better option than many of our existing winger options.

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

In regards to him as a player, I think he would be good in that role, as he has the energy required.  I think it's more mindset and desire to do that here in the championship where he'd be expected to be kicked alot and risk injury where the question mark is? 

But as you say, we've got someone else in that position, plus Sainz, plus Rowe, and whoever stays out of the rest.

I'd love to see him play and be a part of the squad, but logistically it's no longer making any sense to keep him here when there's money waiting.   Just too many question marks on mindset, and that makes it too high a risk.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Still waiting for Nunez to turn into prime Vrancic... that would be awesome.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

But why? 

Fully with you there - now Gala are out of the way higher bids are coming in, €8m + adds is far higher than they were going to pay.  I think Rashica was banking on us crumbling due to him wanting to go there.  It does seem we have played this one quite well so far. 

Just under £7m for a player that clearly wants to be elsewhere and won't feature for us us a good start.   Dependent on what installments are suggested I guess  but if we can get close to 10m euro , £8.6m fast then let him go.

I have no doubt Max will be off too, just a matter of time

So from the pre-season games what youth players do we expect to be promoted to the first team this season?

13 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

So from the pre-season games what youth players do we expect to be promoted to the first team this season?

Rowe's clearly getting readied, Springett probably will be.

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Wonder if any minutes will be given to Aaron’s and Rashica on Saturday ?

I would be shocked if they don't. Doubt it'll be from the start, but can't imagine they won't be involved at some point.