Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Why would Gunn want to leave. He came back because he is a Norwich lad, which has not stopped him from becoming Scotland's first choice keeper.

And why all the infantile blubbing about supposed lack of signings ? Only three other Chanpionship clubs have signed more players than us. Yes, three.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12878368/transfer-news-summer-transfer-window-2023-championship-ins-and-outs

The gunn rumour isn't a surprise, he is one of our most saleable assets with a solid reputation, and leeds makes sense given meslier appe a rs to be on his way out. 

Add in we have signed a very highly rated young keeper this summer to keep the bench warm under krul.  Gunn is preferable but not indispensable, esp if we can strengthen creativity...  he came here to play, but if he had the same assurance with a higher wage it wouldn't be a hard sell

Edited by ZLF

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Someone might be able to clarify but wasn't the final price to Southampton likley to be pretty high after a number of appearances were met? Plus there might well be an add-on to them following his international call-up. Point being he won't be a cheap option for Leeds, but it doesn't look as though they have a number one GK if Meslier leaves.

We paid £5m in two installments. I believe it has been said the add on trigers are all highly unlikely. I seem to remember something like a maximum of £15m but they were only expecting £7-9m realistically.

If one trigger was England appearances, that's out. PL survival may have been another...

21 minutes ago, chicken said:

We paid £5m in two installments. I believe it has been said the add on trigers are all highly unlikely. I seem to remember something like a maximum of £15m but they were only expecting £7-9m realistically.

If one trigger was England appearances, that's out. PL survival may have been another...

Another is managing Norwich in the future and losing by a greater margin than his Dad's Norwich side achieved 

• Haha 2

I was fearing something like this Saha is miles better than rashica , we should have cut our losses made a loss and moved on !

Just now, Canary dwarf said:

I was fearing something like this Saha is miles better than rashica , we should have cut our losses made a loss and moved on !

There was apparent interest from Germany, so I suppose we will see.  But there’s enough on here who think he’s good enough to star for us  so perhaps he’ll knuckle down and do the business here.  I’m not convinced, but would be happy if it worked out.

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

There was apparent interest from Germany, so I suppose we will see.  But there’s enough on here who think he’s good enough to star for us  so perhaps he’ll knuckle down and do the business here.  I’m not convinced, but would be happy if it worked out.

On what he's shown for us I'm not convinced either but he must have been good in Bundy and turkey , however he clearly wants out , let's hope there is still interest!

17 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Or they thought they could get a cut price deal and we didn't budge.

There were other teams in the mix as per reports, he just wasn't willing to consider them. I still think he'll leave but there are better cards in our hand now.

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Rashica our new cult hero for the season ahead 

Could be the new scapegoat going by how some posters speak of him on here

3 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

It is not a pawn shop. A club has to want him.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

ITS A TRANSFER RUMOUR!! AN ACTUAL ONE!! FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS LIKELY BEEN THROUGH PUBERTY!!! 

From Bethnal, once of this parish 

We just buying all the wingers huh? Forget defensive midfielders who needs em..

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Considering that it's probably our weakest position right now, and it might push some of the ones who aren't quite good enough towards the exit door, I'm all for it.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We've bought one winger in Sainz who's injured...Rowe and Springett still young, Tzolis and Placheta not good enough, Rashica probably off somewhere, when the inconsistent Hernandez is our best winger it says we need wingers

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We've bought one winger in Sainz who's injured...Rowe and Springett still young, Tzolis and Placheta not good enough, Rashica probably off somewhere, when the inconsistent Hernandez is our best winger it says we need wingers

Yep. Don't think anyone would say that we don't need a winger right now.

Except Cambridge it seems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Certainly has got a fair few goals over the last few seasons in the Swizz league

...now 'if' we could get this swiss chap in on the right and a motivated, interested Rashica on the left, with Barnes playing off Sargent ,suddenly it might all look a bit a better?

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1