Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

What happened to that Nixon bloke who apparently had Norwich News today?

His news was that Tim Krul is free to leave 

44 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

His news was that Tim Krul is free to leave 

That was his news????? Wow cutting edge journalism, I think we could have all led with that bombshell,  bloody obvious he's been free to leave for ages now.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

What happened to that Nixon bloke who apparently had Norwich News today?

It was put on here earlier today

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Breaking news.

Pink Un relaying word from Italy that AC Milan have made a bid of 7.5m euros (£6.44m). Apparently rejected as Norwich want at least double that.

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23690928.norwich-city-transfer-news-andrew-omobamidele-subject-ac-milan-bid/

That feels a very low bid - though he’s not currently a first choice pick for us. 

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That feels a very low bid - though he’s not currently a first choice pick for us. 

This has 12+ mill written all over it. Similar to when we sold Josh Murphy and we all gnashed our teeth at how low we sold him for - hindsight provided us wrong in that instance. 

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

This has 12+ mill written all over it. Similar to when we sold Josh Murphy and we all gnashed our teeth at how low we sold him for - hindsight provided us wrong in that instance. 

Oh don’t get me wrong, I can’t for the life of me think why Omob would be worth any thing much over £12m.  He’s not even first choice cb for us, but we shouldn’t undersell him ether.  I do believe we have a list of replacements lined up (think I heard this on a podcast the other day) so would expect us to quickly move if he goes.  I don’t think it’s connected to the other Irish lad linked yesterday, he seemed to be for the u21 squad.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think he'd be first choice if he stayed- next to Duffy initially I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I think he'd be first choice if he stayed- next to Duffy initially I'd imagine.

Agreed although I feel the balance of our build up play is much better with a left-footed LCB

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh don’t get me wrong, I can’t for the life of me think why Omob would be worth any thing much over £12m.  He’s not even first choice cb for us, but we shouldn’t undersell him ether.  I do believe we have a list of replacements lined up (think I heard this on a podcast the other day) so would expect us to quickly move if he goes.  I don’t think it’s connected to the other Irish lad linked yesterday, he seemed to be for the u21 squad.

Ultimately, Webber’s not far off with his estimate of 20 mill if you consider the initial payment and potential add ons equating to about 15 mill. I agree though, for a player who’s not first choice, if we get that over time for him, I’d say that’s about north of what I’d expect and “yes please and thank you”.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Some talk from the continent that Milot Rashica deal is coming together.

If true it seems like our hardball tactics worked here. 

If he's sold for 12million then Webber is going to look bloody stupid after bragging of rejecting 20million plus in January.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

If true it seems like our hardball tactics worked here. 

Definitely one where a compromise needs to be sorted - we’re obviously not just going to roll over so they’ll have to give some ground, but equally we and they both know it’s what the player wants.

42 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I would not expect a bid anything near what he will sell for. We don't have to sell, as welcome as the money would be. .What is being bought here is another 12 years of play. Duffy certainly has looked the better of the two, but how many seasons has he left on the clock ?omo is a bit moree than our 3rd choice CB. He is now a full Irish international. It won't be £7.5m

I expect Milan will test the water across a number of clubs. Maybe one will be in need and sell. We aren't.

Much as with Rashica. . he doesn't want t stay here. He wants to be at Gala. They will cough up....eventually.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

If he's sold for 12million then Webber is going to look bloody stupid after bragging of rejecting 20million plus in January.

“Undisclosed” covers a multitude of sins.  If he leaves I imagine it’ll be one that reaches that kind of figure only after add ons.

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

bragging ?

I'm sure you can point us toward where he did

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

“Undisclosed” covers a multitude of sins.  If he leaves I imagine it’ll be one that reaches that kind of figure only after add ons.

I don't think it'll be anywhere near 20 million, he's just not worth that, it's why I can't believe Webber made up that comment at end of last season,  I've always maintained it was a bloody stupid thing for him to have said, in his mind he was being all 'Billy big ****', but was always going to bite him in the **** when he was undoubtedly sold for much less.  I suspect his comment pissed off Andy quite a bit too.

Just now, RobJames said:

bragging ?

I'm sure you can point us toward where he did

I'm sure you've seen the interviews where said comment was made unless you spent May under a rock?

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm sure you've seen the interviews where said comment was made unless you spent May under a rock?

Not many rocks in the part of Norfolk I live. Perhaps you were referring to this comment

"Sporting director Stuart Webber claims Norwich turned down an offer of more than £20million for the 20-year-old in January and expects further interest this summer." What do you expect him to say ? And in case of doubt you can read it below. I don't subscribe to the Athletic so I can be forgiven for not having seen it.,.Though your wish to poin a comment into 'bragging' perhaps is less forgiving

https://theathletic.com/4534186/2023/05/19/norwich-transfers-omobamidele-aarons/

I think if we can get Rashica deal done for decent money then the pressure comes off us for selling Omo or Aarons on the cheap, so any bids for them may be forced to go up slightly. £15 million or thereabouts for imo is very generous tbh so I’d happily see us take that, €7.5 is far too low 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I think if we can get Rashica deal done for decent money then the pressure comes off us for selling Omo or Aarons on the cheap, so any bids for them may be forced to go up slightly. £15 million or thereabouts for imo is very generous tbh so I’d happily see us take that, €7.5 is far too low 

Agreed, anywhere north of 12 mill and I’d bite whoever’s hand off. Hypothetically, with that £ and Rashica deal, we’ll have around £20 mill to play with (though unlikely all at once) without any Aarons sale. Be interesting to see what we do with that dough, whether we succession plan and squirrel it or splurge a little.

• Like 1

All of the noted above players have been touted for a move for a while. You would expect their replacements would of been identified already. We just need to get the Rashica deal done and others asap so we are scraping around late in the window, which it kinda is already.

21 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Not many rocks in the part of Norfolk I live. Perhaps you were referring to this comment

"Sporting director Stuart Webber claims Norwich turned down an offer of more than £20million for the 20-year-old in January and expects further interest this summer." What do you expect him to say ? And in case of doubt you can read it below. I don't subscribe to the Athletic so I can be forgiven for not having seen it.,.Though your wish to poin a comment into 'bragging' perhaps is less forgiving

https://theathletic.com/4534186/2023/05/19/norwich-transfers-omobamidele-aarons/

So you are aware of the comment, good we can end this total waste of time exchange then 🙄😜

56 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

So you are aware of the comment, good we can end this total waste of time exchange then 🙄😜

Undisclosed , the time we find the true amount out in accounts next year webber will be long gone ! 

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

A link that proves Webber made no such 'bragging' comment. That's fine. Just try to be a bit more accurate next time.

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I don't think it'll be anywhere near 20 million, he's just not worth that, it's why I can't believe Webber made up that comment at end of last season,  I've always maintained it was a bloody stupid thing for him to have said, in his mind he was being all 'Billy big ****', but was always going to bite him in the **** when he was undoubtedly sold for much less.  I suspect his comment pissed off Andy quite a bit too.

Why do you say he "made up that comment"? Prices in the January window are standardly inflated. Omo is a young player who has already proved him self to be a top quality footballer, and who has performed extremely well on the international stage. It's far from implausible that a team would see him as worth such an investment. As for why Norwich would turn down such an offer, that is pretty obvious too. We were still in the promotion hunt (potentially worth £200m), and were short of centre backs. Can you imagine the abuse that Webber would have got had he sold him in January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Why do you say he "made up that comment"? Prices in the January window are standardly inflated. Omo is a young player who has already proved him self to be a top quality footballer, and who has performed extremely well on the international stage. It's far from implausible that a team would see him as worth such an investment. As for why Norwich would turn down such an offer, that is pretty obvious too. We were still in the promotion hunt (potentially worth £200m), and were short of centre backs. Can you imagine the abuse that Webber would have got had he sold him in January.

Because if anyone made an offer of or worth £20 million Omobamdiele would not be a Norwich player right now. Webber, imo, was lying

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RobJames said:

A link that proves Webber made no such 'bragging' comment. That's fine. Just try to be a bit more accurate next time.

He was smug as **** when he made the comment,  just like he always is when he thinks he's being clever.

• Like 1