lake district canary

Bizarre to think it, but.....

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

....if results go for us tomorrow and we win, we could be in top six.......

Love it!!! No chance of autos? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Having sat through 90 minutes of nothingness at a freezing Loftus Rd on Wednesday I feel the second part of your assumption is likely to be where we fall at the first hurdle.

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Having sat through 90 minutes of nothingness at a freezing Loftus Rd on Wednesday I feel the second part of your assumption is likely to be where we fall at the first hurdle.

Yes, I had hoped for better against QPR, but even I can't see us winning one game now, let alone three....

Sadly, one win in eight doesn't exactly fill us with confidence.

But you're right, it's strange that a team that has been so inconsistent this season can still be in contention for promotion.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, I had hoped for better against QPR, but even I can't see us winning one game now, let alone three....

So it is all over then? 

I cashed out last night,

I had c25 bets on Arsenal, Norwich, Sheff Wed and Bradford all coming top6, top7 in Bradford's case.

Would have paid £2,400

Last night I cashed most of them, accepting around £325.

Some of them (made with free bets) can't be cashed out and Paddy Power dramatically undervalued them, so I have a few remaining.

After QPR, I'm broken 

I said 10 points (from 4 games) would be enough but I can't see us winning the last 3.

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So it is all over then? 

Why the goading?  It is as it is. If others fail, it leaves the door still open, but there is nothing to suggest we will take advantage of it - on the other hand  no-one ever succeeds by giving up. 

Edited by lake district canary

1 win in 8 and still making the play-offs would be an absolute mockery for this league. But hey ho, I've already made my mind up that we're not going to do it, if we do it'll be a pleasant surprise. Although given it would mean watching this current crop for at least 2, potentially 3 more games, it would feel more like an unpleasant surprise 😅

• Haha 1

To be fair with the exception of WBA winning there was a pretty perfect set of results elsewhere. That goes to show anything can happen.

Unfortunately, as many predicted we were unable to capitalise on it, which from the perspective of other clubs chasing a play-off place proves the first point!

Blackburn and WBA have some tough remaining fixtures  whereas Coventry have what appear to be a couple of winnable home games coming up.

56 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why the goading?  It is as it is. If others fail, it leaves the door still open, but there is nothing to suggest we will take advantage of it - on the other hand  no-one ever succeeds by giving up. 

You posted this for reactions so I’m allowed to reply surely? 

Crikey, how many times over recent weeks have we said the same thing?  We’ve had so many chances to hit the top 6  and blown every single one - isn’t it 1 win and only 7 pts in the last 8 games?  It’s astonishing that we are still in with even a vague chance.

Imo there’s little point bothering if we don’t have even the remotest hope that things will go our way - however unlikely - but I’ll be there tomorrow doing just that.  I’ll also be at Blackpool comewhat may, result-wise.

• Like 1

Unfortunately there are too many results to go our way in order to make top 6 - plus there are teams above us with a game in hand conveniently forgot by some - we have blown it by our own ineptitude and yes for me the season is over

Season was over as soon as we didn't fire Smith when mathematically relegated.

Should have put him on a rolling contract 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Every sodding game? Do you have to spout this rubbish? 

8 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Season was over as soon as we didn't fire Smith when mathematically relegated.

Having failed with that we had another chance during the World Cup break but accepted the crap he spouted about being a different beast on our return from that training camp in Florida. What a waste of time and money that was by the way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Every sodding game? Do you have to spout this rubbish? 

As unlikely as it is, Lakey is simply stating a mathematical fact.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Having failed with that we had another chance during the World Cup break but accepted the crap he spouted about being a different beast on our return from that training camp in Florida. What a waste of time and money that was by the way.

Exactly 2 bites of the cherry missed , inexcusable.

Especially the WC break as the writing was on the wall

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Exactly 2 bites of the cherry missed , inexcusable.

Especially the WC break as the writing was on the wall

It's the WC break that really rankles with me, it was painfully obvious by then that he had no idea how to get more out of the players and we were on a clear downward trajectory which continued unchanged after the break.  If Wagner had had that time to work with the players, maybe things would be different.

The Huddersfield game is the one that frustrates me the most - we were in front and they were completely on the ropes, we should have got another and they'd have collapsed.  How we came away with just 1 point, I will never understand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Crikey, how many times over recent weeks have we said the same thing?  We’ve had so many chances to hit the top 6  and blown every single one - isn’t it 1 win and only 7 pts in the last 8 games?  It’s astonishing that we are still in with even a vague chance.

Thanks for proving for me it isn't only the last two games where we have ****ed up without Hanley, Gibson and McLean. The re-writing of history in the other thread on here is disappointing to put it mildly. The issue stems from them being in the team and a lack of succession planning from our SD.