Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 16 Week 37

468343262_presentation400022.thumb.jpg.7e59143083407ca0541fb767a32fe952.jpg

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare.

We added more to the pot yesterday thanks to @TeemuVanBasten's £25 for the pledge he made about Sarge scoring with his left foot. And PUP backing his own pick added another £6.12 from last nights games. We are really closing in on that £4,000…

1594591430_Signaturetotals-18April23.jpg.237db443e263fcfbc6ec6e02b4f4678b.jpg

This week we have @Parma Ham's gone mouldy making the final six selectons. Parma’s in pole position to win a second successive PUPs championship with 33/36 92% winning picks. In fact his record over the two seasons so far is 72/76 95% winning picks! Parma’s had five previous final six wins so let’s help him to a sixth with our very best selections from the games played on Sat, Sun or Mon of this weekend that are listed on Bet 365.

This week we have @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man making the final selections for City’s match at home to Swansea on Saturday. Wacky keeps getting beaten by just one game when picking the final six but he’s every time when making the Norwich match picks. He’s a great asset to this team of PUPs as he often gives a different choice from games played in Europe. Let’s find him some great options from those listed on Bet 365 or Bill Hill.

As always a massive thank-you to our new benefactor PUPanon2 for making the Norwich match picks possible this season. Also to PUPanon1 and all the Pink Un posters who send me pledges and donations. And to our wonderful sponsors Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare. The sponsorship, pledges and donations all go straight into the presentation pot. It makes a massive difference to the amount we raise and I know the CSF and our DS and Pan-disability boys and girls really appreciate this support. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below:-

1244404624_turner2-page-001.jpg.ac4580f19c629a4879cb919b455f7fbe.jpg

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

912663046_cavellhealthcare.jpg.ab8522158bedc8eb097a9435bf501c27.jpg

https://www.cavellhealthcare.co.uk/
Now I’ll hand the thread over to Parma and Wacky. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome and pan-disability boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Parma and Owen, the thread is yours...

1054216313_Rayssignature-9thApr23.jpg.37e44ca8050df9e77a60be434f0cf54c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

League 2 this week, a top v bottom game. What could possibly go wrong?!

Stockport (4th) v Rochdale (bottom) - Home Win

For the match bet, City to win and BTTS

Best of luck Parma, Wacky, and all you PUPs 

• Like 1

Hi pups

My suggestion is LIVERPOOL V forest HOME WIN

For the NCFC bet BTTS draw

Good luck all

Thank you @nutty nigel!….been so looking forward to this..!…👌🦮

Come on you lovely pups 🦮…let’s see what we can raise this week…👍☀️👏

I’ll chip you another pony and make three lines if I can bud…will try to get them all as close to the algorithm as we can…🙏🏽🙏🏽…nothing nicer than lifting money from unlovable bookmakers and giving to our lovable boys and girls 👏👏👍👍🦮🦮🦮….

A tip: it’s not so much picking winners, as picking losers…

..and it isn’t always the shortest odds either, sometimes the more obscure games simply haven’t got much ‘action’ …those odds can be deceptive 👏👍

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
Joy of random emojis 😂🦮👏👍🙏🏽💪🏽🕺🤗🦮🦮🦮🦮
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Manchester City women to beat West Ham women. 

The way the challenges are going in tonight, may I suggest a red card. 

Very best of luck. 

• Like 1

Maidstone v Notts County away win.

For City's game which is in effect a dead rubber (although there are those who will tell you otherwise) Swansea to win both halves.

Good luck Palma and Wacky.

• Thanks 1

Can we smash the £4,000 barrier this weekend??

Inverness v DUNDEE - AWAY WIN in the Scottish Championship

For the City game, Joel Piroe to score anytime

Good luck Parma and Wacky

Leedscanary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the six I will go for Gent (at home to Oostende) on Sunday. Their form in the last 5 matches indicates a team keen to cement a European place against a struggler. It's at home too so a measly 1.22 odds but indicating how the bookies see it.

Good luck @Parma Ham's gone mouldyyou are in terrific form.

For @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man I will go for something more outrageous (and wacky🙂) and go for a Omobamidele header goal from a corner. When was the last time that we have seen one of those? Must be overdue to have a CB on the scoresheet.

Best of luck to all Pups.

Edited by sonyc
  • Thanks 1

Am going to use this much-appreciated annual opportunity to say a heartfelt thank you to @nutty nigel..🙏🏽🦮

..I think we are lucky to have the opportunity to be part of the wonderful, rewarding adventure that is the pups 🦮…and it is thanks to Eddie ❤️

His continued commitment,  dedication to the cause and sheer decency is hugely appreciated.

It is appreciated because it allows us a moment or two per week to take a vaccine against individualism….it is not just about doing something kind for the boys and girls - it is about us gaining from the pleasure of thinking of others and actually doing something about it.

@nutty nigel kindly provides the vehicle, all we have to do is ride along…

…to our own benefit 🦮👏🙏🏽

Thank you 🙏🏽

Parma 

👍🙏🏽🙏🏽🦮🦮🦮🦮❤️❤️❤️
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My current form is appalling, so this week I'll go for ÜMRANIYESPOR VS. BESIKTAS (away win).

For the City bet I'm going to go for something so outlandish and crazy it might just work and must be worth 50p...Idah hat-trick (100/1)...there, I said it. 😱😅

Apples

5 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Am going to use this much-appreciated annual opportunity to say a heartfelt thank you to @nutty nigel..🙏🏽🦮

..I think we are lucky to have the opportunity to be part of the wonderful, rewarding adventure that is the pups 🦮…and it is thanks to Eddie ❤️

His continued commitment,  dedication to the cause and sheer decency is hugely appreciated.

It is appreciated because it allows us a moment or two per week to take a vaccine against individualism….it is not just about doing something kind for the boys and girls - it is about us gaining from the pleasure of thinking of others and actually doing something about it.

…to our own benefit 🦮👏🙏🏽

Thank you 🙏🏽

Parma 

Thanks Parma, that's very kind but it's a joy to keep this going each season. I always said I would do it as long as the board want it to carry on and as long as I'm able.  I often reflect what we've achieved together over the years and think it's as unlikely as it is wonderful. Since we've been Rays Funds for the CSF it's been amazing. I didn't think we'd get near £4,000 this season, money's tight and times are hard, but then along comes nearly a grand in one amazing weekend which is another reason to believe in the power of the PUPs.

We are closing in on £25,000 for the CSF, only about half that is raised through the bets on here, the other half is raised through the generosity of posters across the board and beyond even to that strange place called 'Non Football'. But none of it would have been raised if it wasn't for all you PUPs taking part in our competitions every week. You are the glue that holds the whole thing together.

My pick for you my good buddy is Sunday in Portugal...

Benfica          v          Estoril          Home Win

And for my Nelson buddy @Mr Apples I think this came really close last weekend so I'll stick with...

Sara to score from outside the box 

• Thanks 1

Small tip: Some interesting options, particularly in women’s football, often come on stream later on a Friday evening….….

In bocca al lupo tutti i voi belli pupetti!!…🦮🦮👍

Parma 

🦮🦮🦮👌❤️❤️💪🏽💪🏽🕺

Good luck PUPS.....

For me Slavia Prague v Bohemians - Home Win

For City Nunez to score.

OTBC.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

…to our own benefit 🦮👏🙏🏽

Thank you 🙏🏽

Parma 

Well said and we all absolutely agree.....thanks Nutty a true top banana! a real City Legend.

• Thanks 1

In bocca al lupo @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man….🦮👍…é proprio bravo lui sai?…👍

Purtroppo sono un’uomo di poco fiducia …😂…al limite in quanto riguardo i canarini…🙈

Lump it all on Pukki to score….it’s our only hope…😂😂😂😂

Parma 

😂😂😂

The Center Section of the Croatian Third NL.

Karlovac 1919 to win at home against Sava Strmec.

Obviously any team with that date in its name brings to mind the great John Cale album Paris 1919, but there are some footballing reasons for the choice as well...🤩

Karlovac 1919 have an 11-2-0 home record and at 6-0-0 form record. Sava Strmec are not complete pushovers, with a 3-0-3 form record but the wins have all been at home, and their away record is 1-2-10.

The odds are around 1/8.

I should say, given the chance of three sets, that Wurzburger Kickers to beat SV Heimstettin in the Bayern section of the German Regionalliga took my eye, but lost out to Croatia.

-

For the match bet I suggest a double of Piroe and Pukki as anytime goalscorers.

Good luck to all!

• Thanks 1