Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Leeds ar falling apart again

Previously, I'd have liked Southampton and Leicester to survive but all of the others in with a chance, to be relegated. Due to recent events, the only one that I'd like to survive is Southampton, who won't. So, it is with a heavy heart that I will let West Ham off and choose Everton and Leeds to go with them, please.

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Their defence is almost as bad as ours

In fairness, I fully believe we would have conceded more than 6

Is this the time to say that if they get relegated they will be a basket case having to sell all their best players and be deep in debt just like what some posters said on here a year ago regarding Burnley ?

I just watched the highlights, and if I was a Leeds fan I'd be pretty cross about the second goal - Trent A-A clearly controls the ball with his elbow to start the attack, but VAR says the offense was too far back to disallow the goal - how about just pointing up a handball missed by the Ref?

In Broken Britain I guess it is too much to hope that we could use VAR wisely.

Still, at least we won't have VAR to worry about next season.

Luckily for them all the teams below them also lost. 

They've got Leicester and Bournemouth coming up which hopefully they will also lose.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Or will they blame the sporting director as all the transfers will be 100% all down to him ? 

They very much are doing just that! Victor Orta is their Webber. They’ve been buying “for the future” players without addressing their need for a defence and a striker. £35m Rutter looks like a less skilful Weghorst. Juventus and McKennie are probably lawyering up in anticipation of them trying to wriggle out of their £35m loan to buy deal. 

Southampton are gone; so are Forest with their remaining fixtures. It's between Everton, Leicester and Leeds for the last place.  They all still have to play each other, but I'd say Leeds have the harder games so I'd go for them at the moment, but a couple of results can swing it for anyone.

1 hour ago, aBee said:

They very much are doing just that! Victor Orta is their Webber. They’ve been buying “for the future” players without addressing their need for a defence and a striker. £35m Rutter looks like a less skilful Weghorst. Juventus and McKennie are probably lawyering up in anticipation of them trying to wriggle out of their £35m loan to buy deal. 

I don’t want to be rude but I don’t really understand why a Brentford fan would want to consistently post on a Norwich forum on a thread that has no relation to Brentford. Is it because it provides some kind of comfort for you that clubs around the same size are faltering and you’re chugging along nicely?? I don’t quite get the fascination you have with the Norwich forum is all. 

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is this the time to say that if they get relegated they will be a basket case having to sell all their best players and be deep in debt just like what some posters said on here a year ago regarding Burnley ?

I mean that was...and is...true.

What with Leeds coming down and the binners coming up that looks like the automatic promotion places are already taken then...😁

Apples

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I don’t want to be rude but I don’t really understand why a Brentford fan would want to consistently post on a Norwich forum on a thread that has no relation to Brentford. Is it because it provides some kind of comfort for you that clubs around the same size are faltering and you’re chugging along nicely?? I don’t quite get the fascination you have with the Norwich forum is all. 

I like this board, you have interesting stuff to say and often mention Brentford. I live in Leeds so am interested in them too. 

• Like 6

I think they’ll get away with it tbh and finish just outside relegation again.

They need a good chunky £150m investment for transfer budget alone if they want to progress further and stop with the relegation battles. I’d imagine if they stay up there might be some oil country might see them as a good investment a la Newcastle

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

A bit like us in the Summer you mean? Against the 66million loan which was taken out by City against parachute payments. We can hardly ridicule other clubs can we, but then we are such a well run club aren’t we? 

1 hour ago, aBee said:

I like this board, you have interesting stuff to say and often mention Brentford. I live in Leeds so am interested in them too. 

Fair enough mate 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

A bit like us in the Summer you mean? Against the 66million loan which was taken out by City against parachute payments. We can hardly ridicule other clubs can we, but then we are such a well run club aren’t we? 

Burnley have had an exceptional season all things considered and congratulations but you should really do some more reading into the situation they were in pre-season vs us - and what the result of the club would have been had they not got promoted (they themselves admitted not expecting promotion for up to another 3 seasons).

3 hours ago, aBee said:

And you're generally more level headed than half the Norwich fans! I don't care who posts here as long as they don't act like a ****. Which you don't. Keep posting aBee. 

I won't mention this to my Barnet supporting mate tho. He claims Brentford are fake bees!

• Like 1

From what I can gather from mates that support them is that they’re generally not happy that their God worshipped manager got sacked with a c rap replacement and their sporting director’s buys have been terrible. 

Sound familiar?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

And 12 months on look where they are heading.

Leeds and Norwich are similar in many ways - the last two seasons have been miserable, both have had two managerial changes due to c**p results, their respective DOF has made countless costly and useless purchases yet the hardcore support remains rock solid. 

It remains to be seen whether Leeds will stay up but Garcia will be gone along with Gnonto and maybe Meslier if the right offer comes along.

I badly want to see Everton plummet this season, points deduction this season would be nice.  There are others that also fit the bill e.g. Leeds.  But Southampton, Nott'm Forest and Leicester are doing a good job in filling the relegation picture so see them going.  Would like to see Leicester get out of iit but Smith at the helm makes it doubly difficult.  Everton will struggle again next season whoever does drop as will Leeds.  But next season see the accursed Sheff Utd as relegation fodder.  Honestly too many PL clubs deserve a break in the Championship.   

How did Smith ever get that Leicester job with such brilliant owners making the choices. It's unbelievable really.

Worthy ('s cousin) Out... Smith in.

Was Peter Grant on the short list?

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Burnley have had an exceptional season all things considered and congratulations but you should really do some more reading into the situation they were in pre-season vs us - and what the result of the club would have been had they not got promoted (they themselves admitted not expecting promotion for up to another 3 seasons).

I don’t care about Burnley though I’m not interested, and the situation we are in is of far more importance to me. 

If, as is likely, we don’t get promoted the situation will be precarious won’t it?

As for Burnley, again, not that it bothers me really, a decent young manager who had decent players brought in unlike the pathetic recruitment made by Webber! 

8 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I don’t care about Burnley though I’m not interested, and the situation we are in is of far more importance to me. 

If, as is likely, we don’t get promoted the situation will be precarious won’t it?

As for Burnley, again, not that it bothers me really, a decent young manager who had decent players brought in unlike the pathetic recruitment made by Webber! 

If you don't care about Burnley then quoting my post talking about Burnley was probably an error of judgement on your part.