Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Team for QPR...

4 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Krul is injured and is past it anyway and if you seriously think Gibbs can play on the wing you are an idiot 

Thanks for the info about Krul, but Gibbs on the right side of midfield does not mean he is a winger. Aarons has that task in this set up.

Omo looked shell shocked in the debris that was allegedly the rest of the defence . Hope that his confidence isn't further impacted by lack of support. 

This includes the consistently underperforming Aarons whose fall from grace is just as dramatic as Cantwell's. 

Hope one of the defensive coaches gets rid of his diving antics . Cost us a penalty this week and is getting a reputation for diving . Will not help decisions in future .

On 16/04/2023 at 09:27, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Theyre on a dreadful run....classic along come Norwich territory

We cant have that midfield again infront of a makeshift back 4, you can get away with it vs a team not interested in attacking in Rotherham but not too many other occasions.

Need Hayden to put himself on the line, if he can sit on the bench , he must be able to contribute.

Gunn

Aarons   Omobam  Sorenson  Giann

Hayden

Nunez         Sara

Marquinos     Sargent      Hernandez

Marquinos is no better than Tzolis and I have no idea why we play him,  unless his contract states we must. An awful loan signing. 

• Like 1

Gunn

Sorensen 

Aaron's Omo       Warner Giannoulis 

Hayden 

Sara Gibbs Hernandez

Sargent 

i would try this with a more Direct style Arrons and Gia push forward 

Sorensen to me seems would make a great sweeper and give cover to two young Cb's 

I would play the ball boys on the wing - the feisty tea person at the back- Webber in midfield giving all the talk. Delia and Michael up front talking dirty about the state of the crust on pies nowadays- these additions should put us back in contention 

Edited by baldy09

I feel there is a reason Hayden is not getting selected may be due to the number of games played.  Newcastle may have inserted a clause requiring City to stump up extra dosh.  Strange he came back after more injury problems.  Newcastle certainly need greater funds.

31 minutes ago, pete said:

I feel there is a reason Hayden is not getting selected may be due to the number of games played.  Newcastle may have inserted a clause requiring City to stump up extra dosh.  Strange he came back after more injury problems.  Newcastle certainly need greater funds.

With 4 games to go, the question is, is a non match fit Hayden likely to benefit us. Imo it's a no, as he's been out for a while again and will be very rusty.  

We have Sara, Sorenson & Gibbs playing well, and the fact of the matter is, in 4 games Hayden returns to Newcastle. 

IK there is still a slight chance we could make play-offs, but for me we look to experiment with our own players. That means drop marquinhos and give Tzolis (again Tzolis imo should be start ahead of Rowe as he should be fitter, with Rowe coming back from a long injury layoff), and play Sorenson as CDM with Sara and Gibbs further forward

And no more Pukki (other than as a super sub). He's off the boil and off in 4 games. Try Sarg as that lone striker 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Marquinos is no better than Tzolis and I have no idea why we play him,  unless his contract states we must. An awful loan signing. 

It feels as though it might be a 'play or pay' type deal, but in fairness we haven't really had any alternatives. Tzolis still looks way off the required fitness even accepting he can't be fully match fit but he doesn't look even close.

I think Rowe will be ahead of both of them and I hope he can make a positive impact by the end of the season. I'd be tempted to start him at QPR, we don't really have anything to lose.

On 16/04/2023 at 11:44, Branston Pickle said:

It’s pretty ridiculous that there is still a path that could see us into the play offs, given our own dreadful run of one win in 7 - all-in-all pretty pathetic since Millwall, when we should have been on a high.   I think we’ll fall at the first and give QPR a nice lift.

‘Pretty pathetic since Millwall’ I take it you didn’t go to Blackburn!

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

‘Pretty pathetic since Millwall’ I take it you didn’t go to Blackburn!

One decent performance in 7 games is pretty pathetic, yes.  Not sure how else you describe it. 

Neither Hayden or Marquinos should be in the starting lineup, neither will be here next season along with Pukki and most likely Max. 

Gunn

Byram Omo Lungi Dimi

Nunez Sara Onel

Gibbs

Sargent

16 hours ago, Helsinki canary said:

Neither Hayden or Marquinos should be in the starting lineup, neither will be here next season along with Pukki and most likely Max. 

Gunn

Byram Omo Lungi Dimi

Nunez Sara Onel

Gibbs

Sargent

Gibbs scores a goal when he breaks from midfield.

Now he's a No. 10?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s pretty simple .

DO NOT play Lungi at CB

DO NOT play Pukki and Sergeant.

DO play Lungi as DM along Sara

DO push Gibbs further forward.

Put Byram or Warner at CB.

We will win if we do this but I suspect we will keep the same line up which would be a disaster !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GK. Gunn

LB. Giannoulis 

CB. Sorensen

CB. Omo

RB. Aarons

CM. Gibbs

CM. Sara

LAM. Hernandez 

CAM. Nunez

RAM. Sargent

ST. Pukki

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

356592835_lineup(2).png.76916ff95b9586cf919ffd7ad802518d.png

This looks like the best line-up from what we've got IMO

18 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Have we seen Byram at CB before? I can't remember.

I think he played CB in the Prem under Smith a few times. Not 100%.

52 minutes ago, hogesar said:

356592835_lineup(2).png.76916ff95b9586cf919ffd7ad802518d.png

I'd likely go with this although I'd be tempted to play Tzolis over Marquinos who looks lost so far.

• Like 1

If it was what I'd like, literally anybody capable to play at CB so Sorenson + Gibbs move forward to where they were at Blackburn. I'd have Nunez in the attacking-right position in place of the functional-but-average Marq and it would be just Sargent up front 

What I believe will happen is Nunez in for Gibbs and Giannoulis back in at LB.

I always thought with first Farke, then with Smith and now with Wagner that they can all be guaranteed to eventually get the team selection right and stable after they've exhausted all other possibilities...

That's why it takes at least half to a full season for any new manager ! 

51 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I always thought with first Farke, then with Smith and now with Wagner that they can all be guaranteed to eventually get the team selection right and stable after they've exhausted all other possibilities...

That's why it takes at least half to a full season for any new manager ! 

I don't think they are helped by the fact this squad is packed with incredibly inconsistent players.

Take left back for example. Dimi will look far too good for this level one week, the next he's being hauled off at half time because he's decided he can't be ****ed actually doing any defending. McCallum then comes in and looks solid for 45 minutes, before going completely AWOL a week later. Sargent one week looks like a real handful upfront, next week the ball is pinging 20 yards off him whenever he tries to take a touch and he looks like he's never actually played football. Must be maddening trying to sort a consistent XI out of this lot.

Edited by king canary
  • Like 1

I think we currently have McCallum over Dimi because of McCallum perceived better defensive capabilities particularly in the air and he is in to help defend set pieces / corners. 

• Like 1