Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Boro Predictions

And I thought I was the miserable negative one! I think we'll win comfortably, especially if Wagner finds a way of getting Gibbs further up the pitch. 

• Haha 1

Day of reckoning is here. 3-1 'Boro. Things (relegations, playoff positions, promotions)will all be decided in a hurry from now on, and we have been left with very little room for error if we are to get in to the final top 6.

Think that the loan signings of those ahead of us will make the difference. Since the beginning of Jan. we knew that Haydon would only be a possibility for the "last few games", yet no loan was brought in to cover his absence. Luton meanwhile sign Nakamba (a Smith signing at Villa), and quickly he becomes a fans' favourite. Where would we be if we had Tommy Doyle for the season? Probably in top 3 or 4, and still moaning that we may have to settle for the play off lottery. As well, these types of signings would have allowed at different times for the likes of Kenny, Nunez,  Gibbs, and Sara to play further forward, thereby helping us offensively as well defensively.

Who of 'boro's 6 (six) loan signings will likely make the difference tonight?

Most teams competing at the top end of the championship are made up of solid championship performers and, at best, a sprinkling of Premier league lite players. Often, over recent seasons, it's been the loans that tip the balance. 

We all knew, we were weaker this season, but too much fuss was made about the bloated squad. That for me, along with finance, could be the only reasons, we didn't bring in an additional loan to Marquinhos in Jan. 

Edited by makham

Would love the win, obviously, and recent Millwall/Blackburn results show we can do it but it’ll be very tough. Sadly our home form has let us down and put extra pressure on the game.

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Eight! My God, they've got a problem if they go up. 

Think I was wrong there. I just checked again. I think it's 6. Still a fair few, though.

• Thanks 1

I get a nasty feeling it will be 2/3 nil to Boro. Sky/Friday night combination plus a horrible feeling that Ramsey (injured for a while…oh fit again after a move) will score. Having said that I didn’t rate our chances at either Millwall/Blackburn…the only constant this season is you never know which City turns up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I get a nasty feeling it will be 2/3 nil to Boro. Sky/Friday night combination plus a horrible feeling that Ramsey (injured for a while…oh fit again after a move) will score. Having said that I didn’t rate our chances at either Millwall/Blackburn…the only constant this season is you never know which City turns up.

Agreed on all points made here. Millwall/Blackburn gives us hope, but just have a different feeling about tonight's game.

I predict it will be unpredictable as I do not have the googolplex of googolplexes of data at hand to provide a reliable model. I mean, will that third earthworm on the right 1.652 m to the left of the penalty spot throw up a sufficiently large cast to deflect the ball by the requisite 0.1 mm which enables their goal in the 53rd minute?? I keep going over the calculations but it's a tricky one ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder what the odds are of Idah scoring a goal anytime the rest of this season?

Whatever odds you want for a guess. 

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

2-0 Norwich.

Goals from Tzolis and Idah.

I bet you can get really big odds on that prediction.....go on do it! 😜

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

We'll win 1-0. (Sara)

Positive vibes NN. ️ I'm going for 1-2 , with Sarge 🇺🇸 and Sara 🇧🇷 , two goals up and middlesbrough getting a consultation goal in the 94th minute .

I'm going for Wagner reverting to Pukki up front and putting Sarg on the wing again. And neither will score!!

Depends on which city appear.  And  Boro will be more attacking than Rotherham which will suit us as Blackburn did, if we can break and move the ball forward through mid quickly.

Could lose 4 0, suspect it will be much closer than that. 

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Positive vibes NN. ️ I'm going for 1-2 , with Sarge 🇺🇸 and Sara 🇧🇷 , two goals up and middlesbrough getting a consultation goal in the 94th minute .

That will be something to talk about afterwards............

• Haha 1