cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Millers**

Got home in time to watch the last fifteen minutes. Think we look pretty good. Moving the ball well. Game is there for the taking.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

He's actually played quite well today all round, just not looked sharp where it really matters which is a shame. 

nope, people won’t like it, but imo he hasn’t been great today, just by including him it dents the impact Sargent gas up top. Legend that he is we can’t afford sentiment today.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Got home in time to watch the last fifteen minutes. Think we look pretty good. Moving the ball well. Game is there for the taking.

Just need to keep the crowd on side and remain patient. We need Rotherham to tire. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I'm hoping we can take a chance early in the second half. We have a habit of playing well for 45 minutes then ****ting the bed second half (Huddersfield anyone?) and if the game stays 0-0 we'll get desperate and they'll get confident.

If Marquinos remains ineffective I'd like to see Nunez get a good 30/35 minute run out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yep. Just like when we had Harry Kane… was Clear he’d never make it 😅

Point taken but I'd be shocked if he developed into anything remotely near Harry Kane level!

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I really get frustrated that Sarge never gets the front man gig. It’s his actual position. He’s not a winger or a second striker/ yet we persist in playing him there - I think he would score if allowed to play in his own position 

Wasn't Wagner even quoted, when he first arrived, as saying something along the lines that he saw Sargents best position as the lone striker?

If correct its baffling he's not allowed him to develop in that role, especially when Pukki has been so barren in front of goal 

• Like 2

Another game where we've started very well and should probably have been a couple up with Sara and then Pukki missing chances they should have hit the target with them faded away. Still look the better Side, just frustrating we're not comfortably ahead like we should be

1 minute ago, king canary said:

We have a habit of playing well for 45 minutes then ****ting the bed second half

Feel like this has been true of City in all of the 37 years I've been watching us. 

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I don’t understand why Pukki is not deeper of the two today…. It’s clear Sarge can’t play anywhere else other than up top. Yet Wagner, is the third manager to consistently put him there. 

Yep, baffling! And annoying. If there's a reason for it, I fail to see it along with most of us City supporters!

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I really get frustrated that Sarge never gets the front man gig. It’s his actual position. He’s not a winger or a second striker/ yet we persist in playing him there - I think he would score if allowed to play in his own position 

3 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

100%. Wasted when played out of position.

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

You can see the issue- toothless up front and Pukki is a big part of that. He needs to be bench warming now - he’s lost a yard 

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I don’t understand why Pukki is not deeper of the two today…. It’s clear Sarge can’t play anywhere else other than up top. Yet Wagner, is the third manager to consistently put him there. 

All of these. No disrespect to Pukki for what he has done for us, but sentiment alone does not justify playing him as first choice any more.

• Like 1

Take Teemu off. Put Nunez on and Sarge up front.

Then slap half of them round the ear and tell them ball control is essential. Too many times we have let them nip in because of poor control.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Then slap half of them round the ear and tell them ball control is essential. Too many times we have let them nip in because of poor control.

Don't think Nunez is on the bench

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Interesting sub.

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

All of these. No disrespect to Pukki for what he has done for us, but sentiment alone does not justify playing him as first choice any more.

It isn't being disrespectful of Puuki, who has been tremendous, but he's just not a target man type of player when playing with wingers.

Whereas Sargent is big and strong and puts himself about, and seems to give us more versatility when he's up top 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

I can't believe Hugilinho hasn't got his hat-trick yet, the way some people on here were bigging him up....

Now you've jinxed it!

2 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

I can't believe Hugilinho hasn't got his hat-trick yet, the way some people on here were bigging him up....

He's still a bit tired from giving Jesus a lift to Jerusalem last week.

OTBC

Pukki or pumpkin or look as predictive knows him is selfish and singularly fails to even try to set up someone better placed

I was perhaps over opportunistic  saying there will be a 2-2   score  line - looking like we could blow this chance of over taking Blackburn- maybe Rotherham going to snatch a 1-0 win- we not converting our chances and it may cost us

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Pukki or pumpkin or look as predictive knows him is selfish and singularly fails to even try to set up someone better placed

Whoever invented predictive text should funk king rot in hello.

• Haha 3

Give Rotherham some credit for stabilising things. Looked like we were going to run away with it in the first ten.

Just now, Richard Richard said:

Starting to look horribly like 0:0....

Yes agree - we just  not up to it and looking like we are going to blow our chances