Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Hanley injury

Looked pretty innocuous on video, suspect a knee/lower leg injury 

Has there been any further update? 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

Looked pretty innocuous on video, suspect a knee/lower leg injury 

Has there been any further update? 

Wagner said it's an achilles injury. Definitely out for Monday.

Further assessment required. But it's hard to see him playing again this season.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Hopefully he has just tweaked it. If it's ruptured, then he'll be missing for a large chunk of next season as well. 

4-6 months for one of those so yeah, hopefully it's not that. Gibson a precaution or did his hamstring twang?

37 minutes ago, AJ said:

4-6 months for one of those so yeah, hopefully it's not that. 

And that's the best case scenario. A quick Google says that is how long it takes the injury to heal, never mind getting fit for professional football, and the average layoff for a footballer is 219 days, so just over seven months. 

25 minutes ago, AJ said:

4-6 months for one of those so yeah, hopefully it's not that. Gibson a precaution or did his hamstring twang?

That's very optimistic I'd say. A ruptured Achilles can be more like 9 months. With  Hanley's age as well I would be surprised if he played again this year. As you say hopefully not a rupture. Gibson could be any length of time with a hamstring. S Byram can tell him all he needs to know! Even the most minor could mean ten days out and you build up the recovery time from there. The Lord Mayor is likely to miss the rest of the season I'd say with his knee ligament injury.   

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

That's very optimistic I'd say. A ruptured Achilles can be more like 9 months. With  Hanley's age as well I would be surprised if he played again this year. As you say hopefully not a rupture. Gibson could be any length of time with a hamstring. S Byram can tell him all he needs to know! Even the most minor could mean ten days out and you build up the recovery time from there. The Lord Mayor is likely to miss the rest of the season I'd say with his knee ligament injury.   

Thing is that Gibson went off v Huddersfield in a very similar looking situation - he was back next game.  We’ll not know how bad these injuries are for a few days.

I'm of course sorry that Hanley is injured and may not play again this season - n#t.

Haven't I been banging on about this for months, he goes off and we win comfortably? 

Edited by shefcanary
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'm of course sorry that Hanley is injured and may not play again this season - n#t.

Haven't I been banging on about this for months, he goes off and we win comfortably? 

I don't rate Hanley, but this is rubbish. We were winning comfortably before he went off and our most frail time was after he had gone off - admittedly late in the game when Gibson was off too. To suggest this comfortable win is anything to do with Hanley going off is letting your own bias overrule sense.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

We were also winning comfortably before he got injured 

7 hours ago, shefcanary said:

There's players I don't particularly rate or like but pretty much posting that you're pleased that someone's injured so they can't play is a bit off.

Alcohol-induced or are you just generally unpleasant?

Edited by Richard Richard
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

If it’s ruptured it’s worse than a broken leg. Horrendous injury. Such a shame - Hanley is a good pro. 

I had 3 ruptured Achilles. Even 1 is career-ending mostly. Mobility scooter for 14 months for the double rupture.

Takes years - and lots of hard work - to return to a reasonable ‘natural’ balance.

You are never the same player again. 

Parma

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I had 3 ruptured Achilles.

Assuming you've only got two legs that's pretty unlucky.

• Haha 8

I had 3 ruptured Achilles. Even 1 is career-ending mostly. Mobility scooter for 14 months for the double rupture.

Takes years - and lots of hard work - to return to a reasonable ‘natural’ balance.

Parma

Bloody Hell Parma! 

Reason I gave up squash was seeing three , yes THREE,  friends rupture their Achilles. Horrible injury . 

All I can say is take it steady mate !! 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The reminded me of an odd stat. 

Statistically the average person has less than 2 legs. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Parma

You are Jake the peg and I claim my £5 .😁 that’s one for the teenagers.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Statistically the average person has less than 2 legs. 

That explains Josh Sargent

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Harsh. But I did have a small chuckle . 

I did feel bad - I like Josh - but I couldn't resist.

Glad it got a laugh. The average Pink'Un poster has slightly less than one sense of humour...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Bloody Hell Parma! 

Reason I gave up squash was seeing three , yes THREE,  friends rupture their Achilles. Horrible injury . 

All I can say is take it steady mate !! 

Thanks GBP, pretty long time ago now. Was always injured, that’s why I took my badges at 20…God’s honest truth it was something to do to stay involved and be relevant.

First one mid twenties, other two successive around 30. I was finished as a (U21) player at a high level at 22 anyway. Far too many injuries!

I only found out the other day that my mother had kept a diary of my injuries from about 11. A mother’s instinct. She knew something wasn’t right.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ehlers-danlos-syndromes/

Parma 

9 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Really poor post.

Not least because we were comfortably winning with him in the team, and we conceded more chances once he went off.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Did one of mine around 6 years ago, was in a leg brace for 6 months and then another 3 months rehab after that. Very depressing time indeed, ended my 'Sunday' football for good as Drs said if I continued I'd do the other one within a year or two and I couldn't face 9 more months of recovery.

• Like 1

Really feel for him, taking age and club situation into account it could well be the last time he's a starter, both for us and Scotland. 

58 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Thanks GBP, pretty long time ago now. Was always injured, that’s why I took my badges at 20…God’s honest truth it was something to do to stay involved and be relevant.

First one mid twenties, other two successive around 30. I was finished as a (U21) player at a high level at 22 anyway. Far too many injuries!

I only found out the other day that my mother had kept a diary of my injuries from about 11. A mother’s instinct. She knew something wasn’t right.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ehlers-danlos-syndromes/

Parma 

Tough Gig Parmo   , always  pi55es  me off when posters insult a player about his injuries. Anyone  who has been seriously involved at any decent level will understand what a nightmare injuries can be..watching your career fizzle out while you spend hours at rehab , gym , physio etc. 

For a minute i thought your mam had compiled a list of people involved in your injuries ..

.so she could hunt them down.😀😀😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

That explains Josh Sargent

He's on the way to getting Douglas Bader as a nickname. Great in the air, but on the ground.... oof.

Whether you rate him or not, his injury is a massive blow to clubs chances of being promoted, and a really sad moment for him.  He has been our key defender for years.  We are either going to have to rely on young or out of position players, going into a series of high pressure games.

Edited by Newtopia

5 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Really feel for him, taking age and club situation into account it could well be the last time he's a starter, both for us and Scotland. 

I’m really apathetic about Hanley. I think he’s a stalwart and I wonder if we could find a decent replacement at this level with the £ we have but equally he just doesn’t seem boisterous enough as a leader and is one of the spine of the team relegated twice. 

Would love us to stumble on another new cb and have Hanley as an option on the bench next season. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, taipei_canary said:

Did one of mine around 6 years ago, was in a leg brace for 6 months and then another 3 months rehab after that. Very depressing time indeed, ended my 'Sunday' football for good as Drs said if I continued I'd do the other one within a year or two and I couldn't face 9 more months of recovery.

Did mine two years ago at the age of 70 playing walk football. Luckily I didn't get a pot put on (they didn't need to get me up working did they) but limped around for a long time and I tried playing football again but the achilles just gets too painful.

Obviously not as bad as you chaps but painful enough. Know about it after a round of Golf.