Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Predict Pukkis next club

Let's see who get's this one right in the end. Premier League club? Prehaps a trip to the MLS? Maybe a little holiday in Germany? What about following in the steps of Ronaldo and he will take a vacation to Saudi Arabia.. Or will he just decide to retire?

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Let's see who get's this one right in the end. Premier League club? Prehaps a trip to the MLS? Maybe a little holiday in Germany? What about following in the steps of Ronaldo and he will take a vacation to Saudi Arabia.. Or will he just decide to retire?

Heā€™s not retiring so Iā€™ll guess Valencia or Braga.Ā 

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Heā€™s not retiring so Iā€™ll guess Valencia or Braga.Ā 

Head for a top league in the sun where the build up is a little slower and strikers can sometimes be in their late 30's. Sounds good to me.

Let's salute him. A top guy who has loyally served our club.

Turkey or Greece are possible. I suspect he'll go back to the Scandinavian/Nordic countries, so a Molde FK, FC Copenhagen, or similar leading team in those countries.

I'm unreliably informed that he has several offers from around Europe including 2 from current Premier League teams (one thought to be Villa) as well as France, Spain and Germany. As with his last move, Mrs Pukki will decide.Ā 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Do we think he might already have somewhere lined up? Would seem a little odd to tell the club he's leaving, without having anything agreed. I guess he wants a load more money for 2 years, then hang up his boots and retire off into the sunset.

32 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm unreliably informed that he has several offers from around Europe including 2 from current Premier League teams (one thought to be Villa) as well as France, Spain and Germany. As with his last move, Mrs Pukki will decide.Ā 

I do find it hard to believe that a current PL side would take him, but Europe (or the Sates) seems plausible.Ā 

1 hour ago, Channonā€™s Windmill said:

BurnleyĀ 

If he fancies more sun perhaps Brentford or, if they win the playoffs, Luton.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I do find it hard to believe that a current PL side would take him, but Europe (or the Sates) seems plausible.Ā 

If you want to know why Villa would want him look at the goal that Watkins scored at Leicester earlier in the week.Ā 

Suggestions that Pukki is finished are very much wide of the mark. All this season has proved is that he can't run channels but no oneĀ  would be stupid enough to sign him for that. But he's well worth a year as a back up. He is still fit and despite what some claim on this forum, he's very quick over 5 to 10 metres.Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If you want to know why Villa would want him look at the goal that Watkins scored at Leicester earlier in the week.Ā 

Suggestions that Pukki is finished are very much wide of the mark. All this season has proved is that he can't run channels but no oneĀ  would be stupid enough to sign him for that. But he's well worth a year as a back up. He is still fit and despite what some claim on this forum, he's very quick over 5 to 10 metres.Ā 

And he's even quicker in his mind, which is perhaps his greatest asset.

• Like 4

Considering heā€™s approaching the end of his careerĀ I would predict one in the Finnish first tier, as I think he would get good game time there, be a pretty big name in the country, and be back in his home country ready for when he retires

Some of the comments on this tweet are hilarious! Championship clubs like Brum thinking they should sign him. Think it was a Sunderland fan who said he would be good backup haha. Unless its an EPL side who comes in, absolutely no chance Pukki will stay in the UK.

Ā 

• Like 1