cambridgeshire canary

So, onto Sheffield United..

Cambridge . Pet hate of mine . Starting sentences with “So”. Bit like the completely misused words “Literally” “Genuine” and  more recently “Demonstrable” (where opinions that are anything but demonstrable)  are supported. . 

I’ve noticed that you are doing this far too often. 

Yours . Etc etc 

GPB

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

It's all eyes on Blackburn and Millwall from now on. Even Luton are probably out of sight, and we have to rely on one of those two folding. I feel that it is more likely to be Millwall, although we do face Blackburn away.

Before the last three games and after Millwall, I actually considered us achieving a play-off place was a certainty. Our results since then have been nothing short of disastrous, so this break has come at just the right time.

Two whole weeks for Wagner to assess and inspire. Will Onel be ready as he has become an essential figure, imo. Lost track, is Dowell on the mend as he could be useful? I'm not that bothered about Idah any more, despite previous high (very) hopes of this player becoming the real deal.

The fact that we have some tough fixtures (Sheff, Blackburn, Boro) in store might not be a bad thing as I see it. Make or break so to speak. These inconsistent results against some of the lesser teams seem to prove nothing.

The real test of this squad's genuine quality, and that which made them favourites at the beginning of the season, will come from these three of the next four fixtures.

We might more or less know our fate by 5 O'Clock on Saturday 15th. April (or has Sky changed that date?)

I hope we don't as I aspire to the play-offs, at least.

23 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Why don't you tell us what you think first. You post all these thousands of questions but never post what you actually think.

Beacause I like creating debate and conversation amongst others 😇

12 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

We might more or less know our fate by 5 O'Clock on Saturday 15th. April (or has Sky changed that date?)

Yes, our season-ending defeat at Boro will be shown on Sky on the Friday night, April 14.

If any of you think Sheffield United will define our season well words fail me. Webber and his mate have no idea our season was over 10 games ago

4 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

If any of you think Sheffield United will define our season well words fail me. Webber and his mate have no idea our season was over 10 games ago

You wee saying this after we beat Millwall were you?  Doubtful.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

55 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's all eyes on Blackburn and Millwall from now on. Even Luton are probably out of sight, and we have to rely on one of those two folding. I feel that it is more likely to be Millwall, although we do face Blackburn away.

Before the last three games and after Millwall, I actually considered us achieving a play-off place was a certainty. Our results since then have been nothing short of disastrous, so this break has come at just the right time.

Two whole weeks for Wagner to assess and inspire. Will Onel be ready as he has become an essential figure, imo. Lost track, is Dowell on the mend as he could be useful? I'm not that bothered about Idah any more, despite previous high (very) hopes of this player becoming the real deal.

The fact that we have some tough fixtures (Sheff, Blackburn, Boro) in store might not be a bad thing as I see it. Make or break so to speak. These inconsistent results against some of the lesser teams seem to prove nothing.

The real test of this squad's genuine quality, and that which made them favourites at the beginning of the season, will come from these three of the next four fixtures.

I hope we don't as I aspire to the play-offs, at least.

The prognosis for all those players does not sound good, could be late April, could be sometime never .. Idah probably earliest, but really none sound very promising.

We've got the squad to do it, but not the mentality. Personally I'd like to see players like Gibbs & some of the U21s given a chance, certainly someone with some pace to drive at defences. We're going nowhere fast as things stand.

Who knows what will turn up? We couldn't beat two of the bottom three recently. And yet some think Millwall was a great achievement. Really, we should be beating the three teams mentioned and Luton but there is no great confidence around that we can and will.

56 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You wee saying this after we beat Millwall were you?  Doubtful.  

That’s why I said 10 games ago read the post

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Cambridge . Pet hate of mine . Starting sentences with “So”. Bit like the completely misused words “Literally” “Genuine” and  more recently “Demonstrable” (where opinions that are anything but demonstrable)  are supported. . 

Yours . Etc etc 

GPB

Don’t forget basically and it’s like. Should win comfortably because I’m attending. 

One thing is for certain, and that is if we want to do anything either with what’s left of this season, or next, we must improve our home form.  It’s been poor, most of our better performances seem to have been away.

Season over Webber knows this hence has instructed Wagner to play Tzolis to hope upon hope there is a player in there.  There is not.

The unruly club have our number for sure and will be seriously fired up as they close in on promotion. There's still some anti norwich feeling in their camp and April Fools Day might just show how far we have fallen even though our league position continues to mask said decline. Unfortunately I expect the sullen FCR atmosphere to continue and 2000 raucous Yorkshire men to take the proverbial all afternoon. Just hope that for once we actually turn up and get stuck in. If there's one game we don't want to be faffing about at the back it will be against them!

With their lead over 3rd down to just 3 points they will be absolutely up for this. We melted at their place and must not do the same in front of our own fans.

We need the win just as much and it will come down to who wants it the most. I fear it won't be us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pete said:

Season over Webber knows this hence has instructed Wagner to play Tzolis to hope upon hope there is a player in there.  There is not.

TBF Tzolis needs game time. We've played the other muffins week in week out all season and most have looked carp, so Tzolis could be given more time, although looks nothing like £9m. Nor does Sarg at same price!

I'd give Idah a run as a celebration to his new 5 years contract, buit he's injured (nor looks like scoring in a month of sundays), and what is Pukki's record now, something like 4 is 17,18 games???

And it makes you cry that somehow Mclean has been one of our more solid performers, which says it all!!!!!!!  

My main concern is that Wagner actually has less time with the full squad than in a normal, international less week. Most of the internationals on duty do not return and be at training until the Thursday before the game. That's two whole days of working with a complete squad, the second of which will be a relatively light session. Those thinking that somehow Wagner can produce a wholesale change in attitude by then are living in cloud cuckoo land.

At least there is a chance of Hanley returning injured to keep me in positive vibes. 😉 

• Haha 2

Absolutely no reason we can't beat Sheff Utd, and may even find ourselves in playoff position again that night.  So for me, There's far more to look forward to than there is to be negative about.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see just how determined NCFC are. They do seem to lack confidence lately. Like many critics, I think they need at least another couple of seasons in the Championship.  They just do not have the skills to play in the Premiership. Imagine them up against Arsenal or Manchester City.  NCFC would be slaughtered.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tavira boy said:

It will be interesting to see just how determined NCFC are. They do seem to lack confidence lately. Like many critics, I think they need at least another couple of seasons in the Championship.  They just do not have the skills to play in the Premiership. Imagine them up against Arsenal or Manchester City.  NCFC would be slaughtered.

Sniff?

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

My main concern is that Wagner actually has less time with the full squad than in a normal, international less week. Most of the internationals on duty do not return and be at training until the Thursday before the game. That's two whole days of working with a complete squad, the second of which will be a relatively light session. Those thinking that somehow Wagner can produce a wholesale change in attitude by then are living in cloud cuckoo land.

At least there is a chance of Hanley returning injured to keep me in positive vibes. 😉 

Wagner has spent the last weeks working with a complete squad and we have not seen the results. 
Cant see any problem with part of the squad being away. 
Gives Wagner a chance to work with those left, he may find more hunger from those players

On 19/03/2023 at 11:15, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yours . Etc etc 

GPB

So... he genuinely literally does do this, and it's demonstrable in his threads, but...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

• Haha 2

On 19/03/2023 at 16:28, pete said:

He just looks like a gets back from training and cracks open a four pack of Stella, then soaks it all up with a donner kebab.

He doesn't look fit enough to be a professional athlete. The thing is, I don't think this is his attitude or work ethic, i just think we've spent a fortune on a player with little natural fitness, who is genetically not built to be an athlete, and expected Farke and Wagner, two managers who like to press, to be able to get something out of him.

There are things you can do with players who don't have much stamina and pace, but not in a pressing side, he'll forever be a round peg for a square hole here (yes, intentionally called him 'round').

It's one of the signings which made me realise that Webber is utterly clueless. I mean, he preceded that by signing Placheta just because wyscout had him down as one of the top 10 fastest players in Europe, without considering his complete unwillingness to ever try and beat a man, that was one of the others.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 1

Why worried, Cambridge? That suggests we have something to lose. 

Personally, I’m not worried at all. What will be will be and it’ll probably be of little consequence either way in the long run. So many of our results this season could be considered as anomalies in isolation - we could quite conceivably spank Sheff Utd then lose to Rotherham for instance, it wouldn’t be out of character this season would it? 

Personally, I’m looking at seeing out the remaining 8 fixtures and I’ve very little appetite to see that become 10 or even 11. I’m personally just desperate for the huge reset we clearly need when the final FT whistle gets blown this season. 

I can’t stand Sheff Utd, but fair play to our former back-up LB for what he’s done there. I hope they go up so we don’t have to see them again next year. 

Essentially it’s hero time now. Who will not go quietly into the night. On the evidence of Stoke it’s only Angus Gunn so far. At least four or five players need to up there levels considerably for us to have any chance at all.

We need 6+ points from the next three games to get a playoff momentum going. Don’t care how but preferably with a win at Blackburn. Three draws and it’s over. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He just looks like a gets back from training and cracks open a four pack of Stella, then soaks it all up with a donner kebab.

He doesn't look fit enough to be a professional athlete. The thing is, I don't think this is his attitude or work ethic, i just think we've spent a fortune on a player with little natural fitness, who is genetically not built to be an athlete, and expected Farke and Wagner, two managers who like to press, to be able to get something out of him.

There are things you can do with players who don't have much stamina and pace, but not in a pressing side, he'll forever be a round peg for a square hole here (yes, intentionally called him 'round').

It's one of the signings which made me realise that Webber is utterly clueless. I mean, he preceded that by signing Placheta just because wyscout had him down as one of the top 10 fastest players in Europe, without considering his complete unwillingness to ever try and beat a man, that was one of the others.

I love your way with words TVB.

Cracks open a four pack of Stella., little natural fitness. Intentionally called him round . Placheta and Wyscout. Webber is absolutely  clueless 😜😉  , who is this guy webberlution ha ha. Priceless   for everything else there's Mastercard.

Top notch 👌 TVB. 

Edit   utterly clueless  not absolutely   although they are Both a good fit 😉

Edited by Mengo